Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it was already built upside down ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Down the short road to Portsmouth we rode,
    to jump on the fast cat to France
    was a hell of a trip
    and the cat didn't flip
    ----------------------------ance?

Anyone care to finish it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pilgrim tells me these "Fastcats"are Australian--------probably made in Taiwan or Korea , there's not much comes out of OZ anymore except dead didgeridoos, old abo's and unwanted muslims --------even WARBY stays home these days!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down the short road to Portsmouth we rode,
    to jump on the fast cat to France
    was a hell of a trip
    and the cat didn't flip
    ----------------------------ance?

Anyone care to finish it?
    Sir Ernest didn't do as well with the 'Endurance'---
    Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 05-16-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pilgrim tells me these "Fastcats"are Australian--------probably made in Taiwan or Korea , there's not much comes out of OZ anymore except dead didgeridoos, old abo's and unwanted muslims --------even WARBY stays home these days!
    the ozzie business is http://www.incat.com.au/
    I think fastcat is South African?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading for home-------HOLIDAYS, FRIENDS, AND FISH STAY FRESH FOR THREE DAYS---------that's it, after that it's time to get back to normal !
    No doubt about it, this is the only civilised country in the world where a man can stop the car---------walk to the front-------hang out his tallywhacker and take a leak, cheerfully waving said object at passing motorists without fear of being arrested or prosecuted------------this is France !
    A man and his piss are sacrosanct!
    Gendarmes do it-------farmers do it----- fire men on their way to work do it.
    Another thing-------Frenchmen do not wash their hands after pissing !
    Wonder if I'll make it past border control on the way back ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the fat fast cat heading for Portsmouth--------made it past customs on the frog side-------they didn't even look twice-------guess there's an air of respectability about the trusty Lexus that even covers my flaws.
    Should be home around 20:00 hrs.
    Will be picking Murphy up from the cattery early in the morning--------she is going to be so pissed with jilly and me for putting her in a cats home for three days !
    You should be getting the two concepts JOHN S. very soon--------we come a long way since the pony express----------mind you I could have bought Texas for what they charge postage these days.
    Gary and the big boat are heading for NJ, whilst Mark and Craig are heading up the road a piece to cocoa beach with his new ride-------the Spectre Boats P1. He's got sister Kate in the side seat as Sis Nav. Bet there's a few ruffled feathers in that rig come Sunday night!

Thats the spring break over and done with---------was made necessary by the fact we had to install all new central heating, which meant tearing up all the floorboards for three days! That's the reason we had to put Murph in a safe place. We got a text to say the task was completed successfully!
    Guesswhat---------it's bloody Thursday again tomorrow---------less than two weeks and we're into June. ,!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to pick up Murphy from the cattery-------opened the door to stroke her------she leapt over my shoulder and was chased by the resident dog across a field and up into a very tall oak tree. Her who shall be obeyed was not best pleased I can tell you. Spent the next hour trying to get Murph back down----------was told in no uncertain terms I was thick, stupid, thoughtless and had no mother or father ! Alls well that ends well, cats curled up on the rug in front of the fire and I'm still in the doghouse---------life is never dull around here.
    Craig and Kate and Mark are heading to St. Cloud for the First P1 race of the season---------I was under the impression it was Cocoa beach---------it's not !
    Ill tell you how it's going as soon as I find out.
    Came away from the car boot empty handed, must be losing my touch.
    We finally got all the rain we need , just like always, never rains unless it pours.
    Things should be back to normal today ------had a friend take up the rest of the carpet in the shop, should be able to keep the floor neat and tidy now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We finally got all the rain we need , just like always, never rains unless it pours.
    Things should be back to normal today ----.
    Makes it difficult going out to the Hangar---

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Makes it difficult going out to the Hangar---

Where the hell you at these days Gene ? Alaska, ? That looks like a full six inches to me !
    Another fall like that and the hanger roof's in jeopardy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sat up waiting for Mark to call, tried calling him on FaceTime but he's not answering, so my guess is the day has been something of a disaster. I talked to Craig earlier in the day, told me the boat was a rogue. Spun out in practice and was unpredictable though he wasn't unduly pushing. First time out with his sister, so he's not going to be driving it over his head.
    Picked up a really nice tin travelling chest----------had all the P&O stickers along with an old Orient Express label for a tenner. Will do nicely for shipping all the concepts I have backed up ready for shipment to florida.
    Finished the four outboards for the V bottom ---------and the motors for the big all metal cat. Had a good steady two days in the shop, made big inroads into the finishing of the concepts.
    Now the short nights are here, it's nice to rise with the dawn chorus, a cup of tea in bed, out in the shop by seven thirty. Her Majesty seems to have forgotten the restricted hours scenario ., which Im pleased about .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeps spinning out cause there's no skeg in the water, and/or prop bite. Problem with these stepped V-bottoms is, the drive or outboard actually has to be installed much lower, till the aeration doesn't affect the slip-stream so much. Its sucks, but nature of the beast. Not tell'n ya anything ya don't already know, right Jacko? lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Keeps spinning out cause there's no skeg in the water, and/or prop bite. Problem with these stepped V-bottoms is, the drive or outboard actually has to be installed much lower, till the aeration doesn't affect the slip-stream so much. Its sucks, but nature of the beast. Not tell'n ya anything ya don't already know, right Jacko? lol
    i would would normally agree with you Fuji, but Craig set up ten of these boats with the new Mercs on until he had them all running within a gnats whisker of each other, never had a spin out !
    Damn boats are super critical about engine height------and angle of dangle
    My gut reaction was he had the motor jacked too high, but he assured me he had it set the same as the rest.
    Just to pour salt in -------he had an electrical problem that kept him out of running two heats.
    When was the last time you heard of a Merc with an electrical problem? Especially a brand fire new lump ? This 2017, not the 1960's.
    Im sure he'll have it all sorted for the next race----------if not by this afternoon.
    Reason I didn't hear from them--------all the phones were down ( like they always are when you're having a crap day).

Somedays you eat bear !

Page 384 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 284 334 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 434 484 884 ... LastLast