User Tag List

Page 34 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 84 134 534 1034 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William----oh----W
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    I took a couple of pics of the bottle. It says 1967, so it was already aged 5 years when I received it in 72. That makes it closer to 47 years old
    William ---oh----William------hold that jewel REAL close--- One of the greats------A '67 VALPOLICELLO, in a numbered bottle, ---------- is it a Magnum,?
    This prize beauty should be NEVER opened. It should be traded between Royalty, Tycoons and Industrialist and Auctioned by Christies or Sotherbies alongside diamonds and pearls and a PATEK--PHILIPPE--GENEVE.
    RENATO came up trumps for you there Boyo.rr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Sorry Jackie....but it did, indeed, exist.....I can bring the empty to OFF if you like.

See below for like size bottle different year.....

https://winelibrary.com/wines/11105-...ton-rothschild
    Sorry Rich, I bow to your superior knowledge.
    I still think it's a COLONIAL SIZE,!!
    Been Quaffing the old vine juice for a while now, and that's the first time I have ever seen " a 5 litre "------and there I was thinking I had drunk out of every size bottle. Then again I am no wine buff, I just enjoy the stuff.
    Still think you could have waited!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackiewilson;2645457]
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post

hold on there just one lolly sucking moment Stephen -pedro, the most BOG-STANDARD-EVERY DAY ---APPLE PIE----grandpa Walton --agricultural everyday production stock car FORD V8there has ever been-----was just that until Duckworth added a few " bits, ----and addons, you know ----just like your VEE-DUB. and you talk just like every used car salesman I ever knew----------£1500 until punch comes to shove and you've suddenly suddenly got a bad dose of the squits. And have left town suffering from " scaredy-catitus.
    . Hi Jackie how did I come down from a Stevie Baby to a Stephen Pedro in just 2 posts!.But I have been thinking about this when Chris Hodges comes back from Australia we could pay him pensioners rates to build a boat'Mark could supply outdrive and props I could supply engine and we could toss a coin to see who gets to drive?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=STEVERINO;2645650]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    . Hi Jackie how did I come down from a Stevie Baby to a Stephen Pedro in just 2 posts!.But I have been thinking about this when Chris Hodges comes back from Australia we could pay him pensioners rates to build a boat'Mark could supply outdrive and props I could supply engine and we could toss a coin to see who gets to drive?
    C'mon, Stevie , you don't believe for one moment "Hodges" is ever coming westwards do you? He's too old to take up the tools again-----and if you ever thought either WILLABEE or me were a tad disagreeable on occasions, think again---------That man is top of the list for one of the most billigerant, cranky arsed, disagreeable mothers left standing. To get him to do something, all you had to do was tell him he couldn't. Stand back and watch the shavings fly.
    Theres no need to toss a coin, I'm not even on the list.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    whats the capacity of this vw and how many hours can it make 400ftlbs continuously?
    The VW engine capacity is 1984cc the engine model is a EA113 code as fitted to Golf R models.This particular engine is fitted to a customers car who takes it to events for speed runs last time out it won 1st in class at Santa Pod a few weeks ago I have no idea how long it will last I suppose until it breaks'the last test mule with this engine was a 2wd Golf 450 hp it ran long dyno hours did loads of events and my son used it for a everyday car and did 25.000 miles in it and sold it a few weeks ago still running strong?.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    The VW engine capacity is 1984cc the engine model is a EA113 code as fitted to Golf R models.This particular engine is fitted to a customers car who takes it to events for speed runs last time out it won 1st in class at Santa Pod a few weeks ago I have no idea how long it will last I suppose until it breaks'the last test mule with this engine was a 2wd Golf 450 hp it ran long dyno hours did loads of events and my son used it for a everyday car and did 25.000 miles in it and sold it a few weeks ago still running strong?.
    Wow, Very impressive, thats some serious bmep going on there!
    Last edited by powerabout; 06-06-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Wow, Very impressive, thats some serious bmep going on there!
    Listen to me children,in the words of Socraplatomon---just because the goat moved into the stable, does not mean he is a racehorse. My love of Veedubs reaches no further than the dewdrops off'n the end of my probiscus.
    Dubs may have snapped up, Audi, Bentley and Buggatti but I don't have to own one, you cannot buy " class".
    You may have gathered by now that das peeples fartin-spitten-vargon is not one of my favourite modes of transport -----though I have owned a couple of Audis-----( again VW did a Remington)
    Fourteen years ago I bought a brand fire new GTI, battery went dead after 1week, stopped on me twice more before I outed it, Swopped it for Jill's four year old 320 Mercedes -----I had -had it six weeks and managed just 321 miles in the damn thing.
    Your right---I don't even remember why I am telling you all this, maybe it'll come back to me in a mad fit of depression .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was only two regrets in my life, driving a Veedub and a Jonrude, Neither came up to muster.
    Guess I was just unlucky and got the Friday motor with each.

Let the excreta hit the whirlyygig ----bring it on.!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things in my life affected me badly------the first was the death of my eldest daughter, the second was the 9/11 atrocity.
    It all started when the phone rang and a voice at the other end said " for gods sake switch the TV on" , it was my mate "Chalky" calling from England. As the full horror of the attack began to unfold I found myself weeping uncontrollably-----I stayed like that for many hours. My first thoughts were----My God , what have you done?-----this was pearl harbour all over again, and it took two atomic bombs to settle that score. Then things went from bad to worse and I knew my world had changed for ever------hells teeth, I'm not even American , what am I so upset about, but neither were millions of ordinary people all over the free world, and the sense of outrage was felt worldwide.
    To move on a bit, I have always been going to create a "twin Tower" concept ----so, this week,I started it------will give you an occasional phoggie as we go along.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to apologise to all of you for the previous post----once I start on a piece I do tend to dwell on it and bury myself in it, and my mouth just goes off on its own trajectory-----I just put down thoughts as I think them. The twin towers is one of those projects I can't help diving into. See what you think anyway.
    Not getting at you Stevie, -----my son in law and my grandson are lifelong fruit and nut cakes and run only VW. ( much to my chargrin), I do not have the same affinity with Bugs.
    Basically the BDA/G is a four pot Ford ( ala Cortina ) but it is light years away from the original. As is a 500hp Golf lump.
    To Rich and Rotary Johno I am sure I have been wrong before----but I can't remember!!!
    Will try to be a little more affable in future and not rear up when certain things are mentioned like ROTORIES , evinrudes and johnsons
    From now on I shall be most agreeable on all things. Sleep tight. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie,
    Sorry to hear that you are going agreeable. Just a note to you about 86,400 daily presents. Been kind of frustrated lately that my new to me boat hadn't hit the water yet so I turned up the burner on myself and worked on it every night last week. Got it done Thursday night, took off 1/2 day work on Friday and went to the lake with my 17 year old son. It was so great to zoom around and actually see a giant grin on the kids face. He had never been in a fast boat before. Then I called the wife and had her bring the 3 daughters over after she was done with work. They all screamed on take off. Don't worry, I didn't go too fast with the brood in the boat. It was a great day and I used at least 50,000 gifts properly that day.
    Dave
    ps A five gallon dump jug of race fuel looks cooler then that old bottle of vino.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Jackie..

Some news you maybe find interesting..

Successful outboard racing/sales and loyalty pays off.

I am so grateful that BRP has picked me to be one of five Evinrude Ambassadors.
    We all know that Ole Evinrude started the first outboard production 1909..but this is not about history..it is about the future....

Click the link below for more..

http://svera.se/blogg/successful-out...alty-pays-off/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lars strom View Post
    Well Jackie..

Some news you maybe find interesting..

Successful outboard racing/sales and loyalty pays off.

I am so grateful that BRP has picked me to be one of five Evinrude Ambassadors.
    We all know that Ole Evinrude started the first outboard production 1909..but this is not about history..it is about the future....

Click the link below for more..

http://svera.se/blogg/successful-out...alty-pays-off/
    Nice one Lassie----looks like you stole a march on "The BLACKS"-----can't really call them " ALL BLACKS-----I believe that name has been taken for quite some time and due to politics, protocol and pricks, someone will no doubt take umbridge.
    Look behind you Lassie------you ever known Mercury to let 'ole Evinrude get the jump on them.?
    Now I know nothing, but I'll bet you a dime to a dollar the old firm will answer the call.
    100 hp. Electric putetre ? You are one of the few who are entitled to use the word " Loyalty "
    Good luck with the project-------I honestly thought JONRUDE was dead and buried, yet here they are back again, or did they never go away.
    Maybe this is what it takes to get the red cells agitated-----healthy competition never hurt anyone.
    You sitting up and making notes there BUTLER?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Guy View Post
    Hi Jackie,
    Sorry to hear that you are going agreeable. Just a note to you about 86,400 daily presents. Been kind of frustrated lately that my new to me boat hadn't hit the water yet so I turned up the burner on myself and worked on it every night last week. Got it done Thursday night, took off 1/2 day work on Friday and went to the lake with my 17 year old son. It was so great to zoom around and actually see a giant grin on the kids face. He had never been in a fast boat before. Then I called the wife and had her bring the 3 daughters over after she was done with work. They all screamed on take off. Don't worry, I didn't go too fast with the brood in the boat. It was a great day and I used at least 50,000 gifts properly that day.
    Dave
    ps A five gallon dump jug of race fuel looks cooler then that old bottle of vino.
    Dave, thank you so much for reminding me of the 84,600 gifts and NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE OBJECTIVE, I was wallowing in my own mud there for a while, but I just snapped out it. Got a clean bill of health from the Quack all's well with the world.

Sounds like you had a great time with the family------now go do it again. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    There was only two regrets in my life, driving a Veedub andin seawatera Jonrude, Neither came up to muster.
    Guess I was just unlucky and got the Friday motor with each.

Let the excreta hit the whirlyygig ----bring it on.!!!
    I see T2x has seen the light and has a CCC, maybe he needed an engine that would survive in seawater

Page 34 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 84 134 534 1034 ... LastLast