User Tag List

Page 29 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 79 129 529 1029 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	401.4 KB 
ID:	298628Had no idea ANYONE in the USA was that passionate about F1----even my own son prefers Indy cars and NASCAR type racing----I also like The bikes, particularly Marc Marquez---the wonder kid who has turned the establishment on its head---just like my old mate Barry Sheen did all those years ago.
    remember I told you about the Makita Chop Saw and the cheesy jug, here's a piccy.
    Jilly was a hairdresser for 40+ years, but very expensive ----was cheaper to marry her and get my haircut and beard trim for free, today is the day, it's a bank holiday here and I do not want to be on the road this weekend-----must clean up the shop----looks like a tornado aftermath. Wish I had a shop like " instigator".j.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now thats a neat piece. I just sold one of those saws.

And yeah, in the U.S., if it don't go in circles , and there aren't crashes every 5 mins....

I was also a big F-1 bike fan back in the 2 stroke days. I stopped watching when they started using, traction control, wheelie control etc, etc.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    Now thats a neat piece. I just sold one of those saws.

And yeah, in the U.S., if it don't go in circles , and there aren't crashes every 5 mins....

I was also a big F-1 bike fan back in the 2 stroke days. I stopped watching when they started using, traction control, wheelie control etc, etc.
    Time to get back to it, if you never saw this kid Marc before---you should now Gary----he is awesome.
    You don't happen to have spot welder do you Gary I've only borrowed one before

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	18 
Size:	416.7 KB 
ID:	298642Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	416.7 KB 
ID:	298642Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	410.6 KB 
ID:	298643Well, Lewis blew it, crew messed up the pit stop lap and then were over a second slower than Rosbergs crew, there is no way on Gods earth any class driver can overtake another class driver in Monaco ------roll on Canada-----a drivers course.
    Enough of all that rubbish, cleaned the shop thoroughly all ready for a clean start tomorrow----got an open mind, so anything can happen.
    All shipshape and Bristol fashion----the South Bend had gotten really sh-tty, turnings, dust, shavings and cobwebs-----WD and TLC and Voila----were cooking with gas.
    Enjoy the rest of the holiday, God Bless You All. (GBYA) . J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's typical bank holiday Monday weather -----Dissing-Pown, that's put a damper on activities, but it will cut the accident rate, what a way to start the day thinking all miserable instead of looking forward to a great day in the shop, I should be kicked?
    Got the beard trim and haircut day wrong-----it's today!! Makes me feel 10 years younger and look 20 years younger.
    UKIP swept all before them in the local and European elections----too far left for my liking---but it shows how unhappy the rank and file are with the two main parties. Don't think it will carry over to the general election next May ----but they did put a big oar in the political wheel, but you don't want to know about this . Let's have some fun, it's another glad to be alive day----like all days. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if ukip pick the right issues in the general election they wont be coming 3rd imho

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    if ukip pick the right issues in the general election they wont be coming 3rd imho
    Never in a trillion years my friend---the great British public is all piss and wind and stick shaking----when push comes to shove they will vote traditional-----even the French would not ever let Le Penwin a genuine election----they would put her in LaGuilotine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	10 
Size:	400.1 KB 
ID:	298688

Sometimes i I will alter a piece half a dozen times before I get it right or am happy with it------as in this case, it's the "nearest the pin " trophy for the old farts 2014 competition .
    I did try the West System on it, realised it was an abject failure----sanded it down and started again----couple of additions , six coats of beeswax and Voila----were hauling the mail as MERT used to say. Was told no workshop this afternoon, we are having a quiet time ( and maybe Hanky-Panky) and early drinks. We'll see.j.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody out there got working plans for an ark----if it don't stop coming down soon, I'm going to start collecting animals two by two!!
    Stavros, they tell me you knew J.C. Did you ever get to know NOAH,if you still got connections with him, tell him I could use a little help here.
    Forecast not good for the coming few days so I should get a bunch of jobs done in the shop, it's an ill wind as the saying goes. Let's see what the new day brings. GBWY. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now theres a thing----that great big yellow ball is back--was beginning to think it had forgotten how to shine-----Isn't that life though, just when you least expect it you get a nice surprise, but on reflection doesn't this always happen after a wet and dismal bank holiday -------sunshine.
    No time to hang about this morning--have a head full of ideas and it's coming up to 7AM , talk later.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	7 
Size:	382.8 KB 
ID:	298778Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	298779Click image for larger version. 

Size:	409.2 KB 
ID:	298780Click image for larger version. 

Size:	386.7 KB 
ID:	298781Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	407.7 KB 
ID:	298782Got a visit from my kid sister Angela and hubby Clive. We celebrated with a bar- b- que----roast asparagus -----scallops and med prawns (shrimp to the colonials) spare ribs--Kowloon style, chicken kebabs in chili and ginger , Cumbria sausages----topped off with English strawberries and ginger ice cream with a large splodge of double cream. Don't often get this for Tuesday lunch.
    This of course buggered up any plans for making inroads into half completed works, after wine with lunch the workshop took second billing-----we talked until nearly five, then my granddaughter Carly and Johnny and great grandson Bertie called in for a couple of hours, Johnny is a rock guitarist and has his own band -----does gigs at weddings and pubs and runs a school for guitar students.
    While this holds very little interest to anyone out there,( bit like showing family snapshots----and granny's piles and Uncle Phil's Lumbago) it gives an insight into the capers a retired boat racer gets up to.
    Had a strong morning though, actually totally finished the OFF " nearest the pin"trophy.
    Made big inroads into the the Winners Trophy----it's one of those that has so many different alternatives----took half a dozen piccies of the way it could top up, maybe tomorrow----when I find the forest path!!! Enough for tonight, MYGBWY.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	298804

Even pulled the DAX out yesterday, but did no more than look it for a while, did not come to any positive decision about its future role in society-----feel there is a nice piece lurking somewhere in there.
    My friend Bjorn Christianson has just bought an early Norton Dominator ( £8,000) and wants to turn up a few bits in stainless. His last restoration was a Vincent Black Shadow, rated by Motor Cycle Magazine as the Worlds Best Vincent ($50,000), he is a bit of a perfectionist (not a bit like me, I'm a bodger).
    Anyway, if I get a chance I will take a piccy of the Norton.
    Rise and shine time----more later---the new day beckons.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont't ever get tangled with a perfectionist, they talk in millimetres, and are as fussy as a Madame judge-a-dick out front in a top whorehouse in Monmarte. Just had a very frustrating day , got most bits done, but couldn't find an English Cycle thread----truth is I never even heard of a bloody English " Cycle thread" It's 26 threads to the inch and I do not have one----over 300 taps and dies and not a bloody cycle thread in sight.
    Just about to have a large one----talk at bedtime.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workshops and Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

Size:	401.8 KB 
ID:	298804

Even pulled the DAX out yesterday, but did no more than look it for a while, did not come to any positive decision about its future role in society-----feel there is a nice piece lurking somewhere in there.
    My friend Bjorn Christianson has just bought an early Norton Dominator ( £8,000) and wants to turn up a few bits in stainless. His last restoration was a Vincent Black Shadow, rated by Motor Cycle Magazine as the Worlds Best Vincent ($50,000), he is a bit of a perfectionist (not a bit like me, I'm a bodger).
    Anyway, if I get a chance I will take a piccy of the Norton.
    Rise and shine time----more later---the new day beckons.J.
    . Nice to talk Motorcycles Jackie as a young 6yr old my grandfather had a Coachbuilding company with large workshops you could even drive buses in they built large vans and woodies the English term was Shootingbreaks which were built on all sorts of cars and chassis' American fords ' Chevys ' Standards ' Willys even Bentleys.Aged around 60 yrs he decided to downsize to smaller workshops but kept all his jigs and sawmill and equipment and started the Hillsbro Sidecar company this seemed to be a growing trend at this time he had a display at the 1956 Earls Court Motorcycle Show ' well was i a lucky 8yr old or not all these motorcycles were having new Sidecars fitted in my playground.We had Vincent's black shadows and comets ' Ariel square fours' Ajs' Nortons' BSA and most other makes.The one that stands out in my mind was a Indian motorcycle it had a hand lever gear change attached to the petrol tank I think 3 gears and I am sure it had a reverse well a 8 yr old does ask how a motorcycle could be driven in reverse and was told only when it has a sidecar attached.My grandfather retired aged 76 yrs and went to live by the sea with my mother and father' and my cousin and myself had is old workshops to store and prepare racing boats in'he did leave his last new unfinished sidecar and 3 old motorcycles Panther 600'Vincent 500 Comet'Bsa.10 yrs later he was visiting us and looking round the race boats and said scrap those old motorcycles well they were old but I have given that sidecar away somebody will collect it and give it a good home 'now today Jackie they would class these as classic barn finds a new term of today they say it's the only one like it' if you restore it then it's just like any other that's been restored so it is unique?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    . Nice to talk Motorcycles Jackie as a young 6yr old my grandfather had a Coachbuilding company with large workshops you could even drive buses in they built large vans and woodies the English term was Shootingbreaks which were built on all sorts of cars and chassis' American fords ' Chevys ' Standards ' Willys even Bentleys.Aged around 60 yrs he decided to downsize to smaller workshops but kept all his jigs and sawmill and equipment and started the Hillsbro Sidecar company this seemed to be a growing trend at this time he had a display at the 1956 Earls Court Motorcycle Show ' well was i a lucky 8yr old or not all these motorcycles were having new Sidecars fitted in my playground.We had Vincent's black shadows and comets ' Ariel square fours' Ajs' Nortons' BSA and most other makes.The one that stands out in my mind was a Indian motorcycle it had a hand lever gear change attached to the petrol tank I think 3 gears and I am sure it had a reverse well a 8 yr old does ask how a motorcycle could be driven in reverse and was told only when it has a sidecar attached.My grandfather retired aged 76 yrs and went to live by the sea with my mother and father' and my cousin and myself had is old workshops to store and prepare racing boats in'he did leave his last new unfinished sidecar and 3 old motorcycles Panther 600'Vincent 500 Comet'Bsa.10 yrs later he was visiting us and looking round the race boats and said scrap those old motorcycles well they were old but I have given that sidecar away somebody will collect it and give it a good home 'now today Jackie they would class these as classic barn finds a new term of today they say it's the only one like it' if you restore it then it's just like any other that's been restored so it is unique?
    Hiya Steve, long time no hear-----good to hear all about your family coach business .
    Ill lay money the Indian was an ex WD bike-----they were for sale in a a motor cycle shop down Manningham Lane---for £25 ---- That was my old stamping ground, where I served my apprenticeship to become a Master Baker under the. Watchful eye of old man Holdsworth, a Swiss chocolatier -----this was long before the PAKI INVATION---the locals moved out and the Punjabis moved in.
    My first bike was a 1936 -----650cc Triumph Twin With a Steib Sidecar----took it off and ran it Solo.
    Next up was a Triumph Speed Twin----sprung hub and a nacelle headlight.
    Then a 1951 Thunderbird----Followed by an MG----TA,, Swopped it for a V 12 Lagonda---drop head
    Next a J 2 Allard all before I was 20 years old. That's enough about me for today,
    Will get to some of the cars I owned if you remind me, including ----Lotus Élan ----Cosworth Ford----Porshe ---9/11S---Ferrari--Dino---------Aston DB 8 ----and a bunch more----that's all for another day. It's been a funny old day-----MYGGWY. J.

Page 29 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 79 129 529 1029 ... LastLast