User Tag List

Page 27 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 77 127 527 1027 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just done three hours in the shop and the arse and back are beginning to give me grief----so i called it a day and quit----see what transpires this PM Finished the back axle for the Roller complete with wheels tyres and bearings,------will probably put it on the shelf now until next winter.
    On the bright side , had a mad attack on the PONTIAC, stuck it on the roller axle-----its now called "BEN PONTIAC", will give you a shufti [look] later on today----just goofing off a tad "tis all. It"s a good to be alive and up and running day with the temp at 75+ and rising ------Oh to be in England now that May is here etc, etc , etc.. as baldy used to say, get back to you soon, promise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	411.8 KB 
ID:	298231Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	413.5 KB 
ID:	298232

Thats "Pontiac" with a stainless mount gradually getting there in the first pic.
    Thats " Ben-Pontiac-Hur " with the roller wheeled chariot going sideways.
    Sorry bout that, the cameras got the dreaded sideways lurgy.
    Just popped in for the cup of tea and pills----just letting you know I'm on the move.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got another hour in the shop this afternoon----tidying up mostly---- kept at it till it was uncomfortable which only earned me a coating from the seer of all that goes on anywhere in the universe----but particularly my workshop. Maybe more to show tomorrow.
    Realized why it was such a great day yesterday with all the family-----my EX was in Spain on vacation so she was not able to put the mockers on proceedings, Jesus wept, it's over 20 years since freedom day, but she'll never let up. Enough of all this, great days ahead and things to create, but right now. It's shut eye time----will post a couple of saucy jokes if I got nothing of interest to share tomorrow, J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's tomorrow today already and the forecast is light cloud and mid 60s, a week gone by with no rain and an improving back and gods in his heaven and all's well with the world, still good to be alive?
    Workshop beckons and I been mulling a few ideas, my bender is tightening up, so it needs perusal and lube, bought a wallet full of stainless a while back in various widths and need to twist and bend a lot more---got stuck on wood ----need to mix-n-match and get some touchy Feely into my stuff again.
    Can't stop long this morning, can smell the bacon and I'm not showered yet and the Radox aroma is not yet apparent , dare not walk into her kitchen smelling of anything except Chanel "Allure" ------well would you expect anything less? Madame doesn't. Keep taking the tablets and have a wonderful day, it's there for the taking,j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow and jumping Jehoshaphat ----there's life in the old dog yet----surmazed myself this morning, whirling about like a Dervisher or Gippetto carving Pinnoccio !!!
    finished the wheels, axles, tyres and hubs for the silver ghost------on the run with the bottom half of the Pontiac, pictures either late afternoon or bed time, (depends on her indoors)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	13 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	298389

There's the two axle assemblies and spare wheel for the 1906 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost----Will probably shelve that project 'till I can give it full time consideration.
    Have three projects on the go at the moment, not counting the OfF trophy which is an ongoing thing, to be done as and when an idea takes shape in this overworked bonce of mine.
    started on the bottom half of Pontiac and totally re shaped it as a basic model, like I said, I have to get back to doing "Art Moderne" for the 21st century, no copies or lookalikes, all my own ideas to suit the age we're in now.
    Ok, so I know the ideas have to come from somewhere, but I don't want to replicate what's been done before, if you get my drift. Let's see where these next two pieces take us.
    Any comments good or bad would be appreciated -----if you think it's ****e, then say so, but if you think it's any good on a scale of 1-----10 then a bit of encouragement would not come amiss, often wonder if folk genuinely think I'm a whacko, bending, carving, shaping nothing into something, or something into nothing.
    DONMAC ----you still pleased with the guitar body----did it come up to expectations?-----you ever talk to Clapton? I know if I had to do it again, I would do it a whole lot different, but that's life isn't it, we can all be wise after the event.
    Been a piss poor day today here weather wise , cold and blowing a hooley, few showers but the forecast is good for the next couple of days.
    Will show you the bottom half of Pontiac-----work in progress I believe is the term used, that's it for tonight folks, let's see what tomorrow brings, j.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still happy Jack! I have a look every day to see what your up to! just real busy trying to get the resort opened up and trying to keep the boaters off my back waiting for their boats to get unwrapped! about a mile of shore line cleaned of debris. happy hear your mobile again and back into production!haven't done anything with the guitar body yet. I"m still looking for a great neck to bolt on it,not just an average quality neck!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    still happy Jack! I have a look every day to see what your up to! just real busy trying to get the resort opened up and trying to keep the boaters off my back waiting for their boats to get unwrapped! about a mile of shore line cleaned of debris. happy hear your mobile again and back into production!haven't done anything with the guitar body yet. I"m still looking for a great neck to bolt on it,not just an average quality neck!
    Well, thar ya go, the day just gets better and better and a satisfied customer to boot. Started with gusto and no backache ----was so happy I almost turned the radio on, then I remembered it's all girl bands and screeching at the top of their voices, so I put it to bed six months ago and haven't turned it on again since.
    Remember the days of songs and lyrics that will last for ever, composers like Gerschwin, Bernstein ,Cole Porter, Rogers and whatsisface------music from great shows-----Oklahoma , South Pacific, Guys & Dolls , West Side Story etc, etc, etc, as old Yul used to say. I also like jazz and honky tonk pianos----Some ballet and some opera, some classics and I just love a full orchestra, whatever happened to Hoagy Carmichael and Andre Previn?? Segovia and his classical guitar?? Rhapsody in Blue is still one of my all time favies-----First time ever I saw your face----and the Hall of the Mountain King.

Whoa, ----let's leave it at that and get back to the shop which is where it's all happening at the moment----I'll post a piccie of some of my carving tools---not that I am a carver by any means----but I can make a mess of a good piece by the simple act of attacking it with a gouge, any time soon I will have a serious attempt at carving something that takes my fancy.
    Show you at the close of play how far I travelled today. Here's a couple of bits I'm on at the minute, j. Sorry, cocked it up ---twill be in next post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	11 
Size:	400.4 KB 
ID:	298414Click image for larger version. 

Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	298415Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	401.0 KB 
ID:	298416

I see see we got the dreaded " sideways lurgy" back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	9 
Size:	395.3 KB 
ID:	298429Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	298430

Yes well it's like the road to hell---it's all still "work in progress" started off with a firecracker up me bum but it dwindled to a sparkler by mid afternoon. Mounts for the two pieces are cut and polished and the epoxy came by federal . Invested heavily in a couple of tins of "WEST SYSTEM TWO PACK EPOXY" by the cringe, they took an arm and part of me leg as payment ----will have to make it last a while at those prices or start selling the stuff before long.
    just had a CC 7 put in my paw so bye for now,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a lot to add tonight, always said I had head full of old jokes I could always fall back on if push came to shove but I look at the overall S&F site and I have been a bit naughty, maybe I should stick just to the "Tricks" thread and keep my old probiscus out of other folks business.
    Didnt hear from Craig and Gary at GIECO so can't tell you how the boat ran, know they threw a drive in the season opener, maybe I'll let them call me.
    Gather the Mercury 75th is galloping along at a slow creep---need a bit of ginger up the rectum somewhere along the line----time was they would throw a celebration anywhere, anytime, guess the promo team ain't what it was. Could it be they don't have anyone to fight anymore? They used to tell me----you grow or you decline----you never stand still. WILLABEE'S resting somewhere, not even being sarky, time to roll over, night.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chucked it down all night long-------good name for a song dontcha think. Was going to trundle across to the car boot sale, (usually do on Thursday ) but the old screwmatics are telling me to stay home, will decide after the oblutions.
    Have a good run of work waiting for me in the shop, should be able to post some good piccies of work no longer in progress.
    Have you noticed-----nobody wishes me to " have a nice day" miserable shower of old fogies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a nice day Daddy! I love you! xxxx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Wilson View Post
    Have a nice day Daddy! I love you! xxxx
    Hiya Kimmy, never knew you to look at this site before, I was not having a dig, just trying to drag the old timers into a little participation ------but doesn't that mean RAIN these days?or was it precipitation?
    Better get on and tell the guys what's been happening------That very expensive 'West System' epoxy set or rather did not set on the two pieces---in progress---it's like I coated the damn things with sticky toffee pudding, granted, it rained all night and the temp is down to 14C but my French bought epoxy worked even in winter-----that's put the kybosh on finishing the pieces any time soon. Still, gave me time to spray paint the table in the conservatory white, Jilly's into New England style furnishing so no doubt she will be wanting lots more colour changing. Nap time, more later.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Size:	384.7 KB 
ID:	298487Click image for larger version. 

Views:	15 
Size:	422.4 KB 
ID:	298488Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	298489Click image for larger version. 

Views:	23 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	298489

Well,
    as my friend Chas used to say----some days you eat bear ---this was one of the other days. Can't determine whether the last two efforts got German Measles, mumps or Chicken Pox------must be the Pox seeing as how it's "EPOXY" resin. From here on in I stick to beeswax, it's hard graft and reliable and over the years if you work hard at it you can get a superior finish to ' poxy '
    got brownie points for the table-----went like a jobs suppose to go ----smooth-n-easy.
    Damn good job I never gave the guitar a coat of 'poxy' -----old DONMAC would have been spitting feathers right now.
    Compounded things when I put the heater on and tried to dry the sticky toffee pudding----won't happen again.j.

Page 27 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 77 127 527 1027 ... LastLast