User Tag List

Page 25 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 75 125 525 1025 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tagman View Post
    Mr. Wilson....Take it from a hard core NASCAR fan (my dad was partners in fielding a "GRAND NATIONAL" car when we lived in Atlanta, Ga. in 1964) I became a racing fan when I was 9 yrs old. Back then it was dirt track races in the north Georgia mountains and around Atlanta, but as I got older all racing was my passion. Along with the OPC days supporting good friends and working for John Mc Call, I dabbled in Motocross for a while ( got too old and the kids wooped my a**), I made my first trip to the 12 hours of Sebring in 1969. Got hooked and went every year until 1978. My reason for all of this rambling is , yes I am and have been an F1 fan since the days of Jackie Stewart in the ELF Matra and then Ken Tyrrel ...Clay Regazzoni, Jack Brabham, Grahahm Hill. I have followed F1 forever. However, maybe a tad old fashioned, but I thought back then, the technology was just such and the racing was true. Much the same as when we ran twins and BPs with and without stacks on Molinari's and McCalls. Todays F1 and many series is all about the technolgy and the Engineers. I still enjoy F1, am a huge Hamilton fan....but wish that the last true (in my humble opinon) American F1 hero Mark Donohue had gone on to prosper. With that being said, thank you for your toughts that I read daily and if we ever collide at one of these OFF soiree's, I want to buy you a cold cocktail. My taste runs to an aged Bourbon known here in the states as "Angels Envy" and I guarantee its heavenly...
    My sarcastic school mistress (Miss Smart) always used to make a point of calling me "MISTER WILSON"-----I was Jackie as far back as I can remember and I answer to that like a long dog to a whistle.--------we once had a prime minister, Harold Wilson, he was called Mister Wilson, the working mans prime minister from Yorkshire -----but he was on the wrong side so I didn't have a lot of time for him-------so to cut to the chase----just call me plain ole " Jackie" like most folk do -----exception to this rule is WILLABEE -----depending on which side of the bed he chooses to arise from, I could be called anything!!!
    I like Hamilton----his dad kept him on the straight and narrow from early on and guided him to success----helped him become England's richest sportsman (£68 million at the last count).
    Always used to try and get one over Renato whenever I could-----he was a
    F1 car freak, like all Italians. The Milan race coincided with Imola and all the race car drivers were staying at the Villa-D'Esta, probably the best hotel in Italy on the shores of lake Como .
    Marched into the hotel and asked Jackie Stewart (he was having breakfast on the terrace with his wife Helen and his two kids) if he would drive up the lake to the Torriggia factory and meet Renato and his workforce------no problem he says-----good as his word, he drove his Abbatte up to the factory and enchanted the Italians----he was a true Scottish gentleman.
    Its gone 7and I'm running late-----not that it matters----I just have to open the shop for the first time in over a week------don't know whether to bore you with pictures of the trip so not, ---let me know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nother thing MR Tagman----I accept your kind offer of an "Angels Envy" sounds bloody good to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	397.8 KB 
ID:	297819

Don't you just hate it when folk start to show pictures of their wonderful spoiled rotten offspring-----this is Franny (fanny with an R) has an IQ of 237 and starts Yale in 2034----usually as ugly as a pail full of worms on a mud fence.
    Or this is Ronaldino---genius at football---wanted by all the NFL managers----(probably gay as a jay) --blonde curly hair----just want to bury my shoe five lace holes deep in his rear end.
    Anyway, what I'm trying to say in a roundabout sort of way, is, your just going to have to live with some more boring old holiday disaster piccies, starting with your tittle-tattler himself dressed up like a dogs dinner for the formal evening on board the good ship lollipop---(ECLIPSE really).
    reckon these two may find it a bit tight vying for position at the right hander in Havasu
    200,000tons and 200,000 horsepower between em, yikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will spare you all any more sufferance pictures tonight---see what the response is tomorrow.
    Did have some time in the shop today----still working on the ROLLER wheels, but looked at one of the earlier pieces and decided the time for a little mutilation was due.
    Will do you before and after shots once the grey cells are geared up.
    Its "Angels Envy" dreaming time so night night and may your god be with you. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	28 
Size:	408.3 KB 
ID:	297840Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	429.4 KB 
ID:	297841Yesterday was not good weather wise and today's no better. Heavy rain from 11 am for the rest of the day. Looking good from Thursday on, 20+, time for the plants to start growing and the chucks to start laying, and me to start producing more nonsense.
    Norway did produce a fair decent piano player-----went by the name of GRIEG (EDVARD).
    I happen to like hearing the old ivories tickled by a competent . Gershwin, Albert Ammons, Boogie was always my favourite, but I also loved the classics, so when the chance came to visit Griegs house in Norway, I took it and it turned out to be the highlight of the trip.
    He built a concert hall into the mountain side which is pretty amazing, stepped it, right down to the sea, covered it in grass so no one knew it was there-----seats 500 folk and is absolutely mind blowing----listened to the best concert I ever heard with views far across the sea-----not many places like that left today

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Crap Jackie! I didn't know you played the grand piano.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	13 
Size:	403.0 KB 
ID:	297867Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	297868
    Quote Originally Posted by seeroy View Post

Holy Crap Jackie! I didn't know you played the grand piano.
    I play the little piccolo a whole lot better Stavros !!!
    Take no notice----just kidding-----was beginning to think maybe I was wasting my time with this thread-----and it's all played out------summers coming -----maybe I should grow dahlias and petunias and retire to the deck chair------then you pop up and faith is renewed.
    Got chronic backache standing in the shop today, body not as agile as it was, 2hours on the lathe finishing the rear axle and wheels for the Roller-----designed the brass hub nuts a bit different, Royce should have done 'em this way from the word go-------got the idea from F1 cars---------just spin the nut off and the wheel comes right away.
    started on the old piece I did a year ago---rescued it from the wood shed----dismembered it and started carving it about, here's a picture of how it was earlier today ------not fit for human consumption yet so will probably be next week before I post the results.
    Been looking at the price of flights to Orlando in November-----made my eyes water----has to be cattle class, but even so, I may have to look for gainful employment----robbing a bank is looking more and more the way to go----used up all the favours owed years ago ( there was only 2anyway).
    Quiet day today-----burned a petchuli ----joss stick and did a bit of deep thinking,never got to the end of the road before it was drinky-poo time---fell asleep after the news---her who was next to me disappeared up the dancers and was hard and fast when I got up here---the witching hour approaches so time to go, j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drank a little wine tonight and found that once again I almost understand some of what you have written. Now that's getting a little bit scary. Looking forward to seeing you in November. Do you think there is any chance that Mark might bring the Cosworth to Tavares to display?
    Your Old Fart Compadre - Seeroy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	86 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	297881
    Drank a little wine tonight and found that once again I almost understand some of what you have written. Now that's getting a little bit scary. Looking forward to seeing you in November. Do you think there is any chance that Mark might bring the Cosworth to Tavares to display?
    Your Old Fart Compadre - Seeroy
    Stavros, I drink a little+ wine or whusky every night----if I ever write stuff you fully understand, that means I'm not doing it right---all you have to do is look at the humour----I do try and make my friends smile with a few innuendo 's and a bit of " off the cuff" and Willa baiting. Welch knows me well enough to know I do not have an ounce of malice in me and I just love to give him an itch to scratch----sad to think we may never meet again----should have kept in touch more than we did!
    Got a piccie of me and Richie Powers when we met down the road -a-piece from GIECO ----that brought a lump to the throat when he came out the door I can tell you. Did you know he went offshore and managed to win 7 world titles-----not bad for an ex Merc spanner man eh !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stavros----this is part of "Ode to POWERBOATERS "----must have written it whils't suffering a mad fit of depression long ago

passage from "Ode to POWERBOATERS " by JRW.

Some people ride a motor bike
    While other race a car
    Then there's those that do athletics
    and those jump a bar

Then there's those that chase the tiny ball
    and hope to make a par

There are those that make a fortune,
    Booting leather with a grudge
    They're never worth the cash they make
    But who am I to judge

Thre are those that run and swim and ride
    And those that chase a ball
    But unless you raced A BUCKING BOAT
    You' ve never lived at all

I met a lot of these great people
    Got to know them through and through
    Used to think they were so special
    Then realized they were only ME and YOU

Wanted to put " the ode" on Willas Hot Singles but didn't have the balls-----was a while back now----maybe he's mellowed a tad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Willabee is the all seeing eye. I'm quite certain that he will see it on this thread and award you the Edgar Allan Poe trophy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Willabee is the all seeing eye. I'm quite certain that he will see it on this thread and award you the Edgar Allan Poe trophy.
    Thanks, but no thanks Stavros, don't do trophies any more------they all wind up taking up valuable space in tea chests stored under the bench in the shop.
    Started giving the damn things away years ago (had over 300 of em at the last count ) down to the last chest (thankfully).
    The only time a trophy has any value is the time you win it and a month after, it is nothing more than a memory------fifty years on its a what the hell am I keeping this for?
    Be a bit Surmazed if the Willa lowered his standards and perused my ramblings, he does have nearly 400,000 hits with the "Hot Singles" thread alone, I'm still hoping to reach five figures.
    The "Ode" has too many verses ever to put on here-----it tells of people met and places and events and emotions, triumphs and disappointments ----favourite people, and events that changed my life------mostly dull and un interesting stuff to everyone else, anyway, I forget where I put it to keep it safe-----haven't seen it in quite a while-----it may turn up one day!

Remember I told you I hurt my back just before the cruise------turns out the doctor on board was a quack lunatic-----he only went and pumped my arse full of feckin steroids in exceedingly large portions------and the icing on the cake was the happy wacky pills in the aftermath-----turns out I had more damn steroids than a normal person takes in a lifetime( there's a big Willa opening there). Reason I went to the docs was chronic Back ache at ten o clock this morning, had to shut the shop.
    At the moment I'm stuck in "Crap Alley" -------Sh-t Street to the colonials----my own doctor has arranged for X ray's tomorrow -----they took bloods today-----a whole bloody armful---was warned it could be arthritis in the cord, but they're going to do a prostrate thingy while there at it. Don't have any worries there, when I go, I'm going happy in a ladies bed with a CC7 and a huge grin.

Enough of my troubles,have a good night folks and I'll be a happy chappie tomorrow, j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, can't do the workshop for a while----docs orders, have to give the pills a chance and then take a step back and recoup.
    Tried to remember where I put the ode for safe keeping, but the little grey cells are on holiday, so there's no chance.
    Then I tried to remember some of the verses, then the places, then the people,
    Only one I could bring to mind was " Seinne Fever" loosely based on John Masefields "Sea-Fever".
    The original version has nearly forty verses, see if I can bring some of it to mind.

Taken from "The ode to power-boaters"--------Seinne Fever-----by JRW.

I must do down to the Seinne again
    and give it one last try,
    and all I ask is a Twistercraft
    and T 3 to power her by

With a 100 or more
    lined up on the shore
    with some trepidation and great expectation
    the start gun goes off with a roar.

At the sound of a gun
    they take off at a run
    with foot pressed down hard to the floor
    you caress and cajole
    'Till she's out of the hole
    then push till she runs at the fore

between you and me
    its real hard to see
    how this pace can be kept up all day
    but with men on your tail
    you keep hauling the mail
    And then you just silently pray

Let nothing go wrong
    the motor seems strong
    the boats running true but real hairy
    just settle down, if your wanting the crown
    just keep being quick but be wary

Damned if I can remember how the rest goes.
    There's a hell of a lot more verses----will try and kick the memory box a bit harder, or find the original.

Have a nice day y'all, J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they let you drive the cruise ship Jackie?
    Last edited by powerabout; 05-15-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Did they let you drive the cruise ship Jackie?
    I wouldn't even let me drive the cruise ship, 1,000' and 100,000 tons-----the mind boggles!
    they don't have cabins anymore----you have staterooms-------port holes are long gone-----one has sliding balcony doors.
    Aircraft type bogs---just don't be sat on one when it empties-----you could lose the family jewels.

Page 25 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 75 125 525 1025 ... LastLast