Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Pilgrim, this was 1985, KT/s had come and gone, all but disappeared --------outboards in their many guises were ruling the roost ----------are you beginning to get the picture ?
    For the Lembske's to turn up with a world beater was nothing short of miraculous ---------it could not happen-----------but it did!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok got the picture, down under we had Kt's turn up in the late 70's ( over 20' long) so they were way faster in race trim than any outboard especially if it got rough and they only ran small blocks.
    Here is a photo of Fuller designed and built one in 1978 lifted from www.ozboatracers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Villan 1978.jpg  
    Last edited by powerabout; 12-19-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    racing unlimited Hydro Miss Bud, on a tight course it could run with it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails miss+bud+villian.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone could run against anything anytime anywhere--------just as long as it was a tight course!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	333452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	420.8 KB 
ID:	333453

Aw Sh-t-------Houston !!!------we got us a problem!
    Need either a new boat or a new motor--------these two are incompatible -------
    Got the boat finally looking like a Seebold and the motor coming on good enough to resemble a Jag.
    Simply got the proportions wrong.
    One looks like a Dinky--------the other a Tonka--------
    Had both a closed and an open cockpit to choose from, but the lump and the hull are non compatible
    Opted for doing another stretched Seebold--------I can make this one into an eighties closed cockpit outboard version .
    its never over 'till the fat bitch starts singing, but I could have done without the hassle.
    Teach me to do it right the first time in future.
    It was all going so well-------today the bear ate me!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    ok got it
    what year was that?
    was this before the US had KT's ( with Chevs)running around as they were quite quick?
    First 'KT' was a 17' Molinari with a small block---Bill Cooper ran it at Parker, 1968.

1971, Sirois and Janisch put a BB aluminum Chevy in a 20' Jones---

7. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went round to my next door neighbour Steve's last night-----there was a wonderful Carol service for all our friends and neighbors ------they made Jilly guest of honour and we had a great time . Murphy came round to see we got home safely.
    Made up my mind to do a new smaller motor----I did the boat first and I'm happy with the proportions , it's the motor I was a tad over enthusiastic with, (anyone want to buy a cheap large oversize Jaguar--------it'll go well with the large oversize outboard.)
    Will probably take them up to Tavares and auction them off.

Jilly and I are having our very own "Christmas day " today!
    Starts off with smoked salmon and champagne in bed, then the turkey for lunch, silly hats and Christmas pud! Shops closed for the day!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy did I ever get that wrong---------Lanson and smoked salmon in bed-------PLUS-------a generous helping of "Rumpy" Finally teetered out of bed at 9:30, unheard of time to shise and rine !!
    Sauntered casually downstairs only to be told by the "kitchen goddess" ------get out from under my feet, go play in your shop. Did not need telling twice--------well into the titchy half pint Jag for the Lembske project.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was cooking with gas today------things fell into place and the mini jag just does look the biz. Glad I didn't have to do a new boat.
    Turkey bird time, talk later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great day this has been-------today was our Christmas Day ------just like Jilly and I have had for the past twenty five years, we just brought it forward a few days. We needed a touch of normal back in our lives for a while.
    We have been invited up to Ivans house to spend Christmas Day with Kate and the three children----I just don't think this is going to run like clockwork -------a lot of sadness-----memories and unhappiness ------that's why we had our Christmas today.

The Lembske project is back on track, the V12 is less than half the size of the first effort, done the block, cam covers and intakes------another day and I'll have broken it's back--------don't think it'll be ready this week, but I should get the motor installed and the stern drive done-------gearbox is oversize so I have to cobble another one together?

All in all I think I got off lightly for such an enormous cock up-------just hope the finished article is as good as I think it's going to be--------it has all the makings !

Keep your eyes peeled Stavros-------I need one of your "Holy craps" when it's all done and dusted.

Ron54----------Phill, I have to tell you, the COSWORTH cam covers from Australia were just that! 1/20th scale and would fit inside a matchbox and still leave room for fifty matches, total waste of time and fifteen quid--------nice box though!

Tonight was the SPOTY awards ( sports personality of the year)---------Hamilton and Mo Farah must have had prior notice they were non contenders-------they both stayed away! Seems like everything in the world's rigged these days! I don't think I'm being sceptical-------do you ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron54----------Phill, I have to tell you, the COSWORTH cam covers from Australia were just that! 1/20th scale and would fit inside a matchbox and still leave room for fifty matches, total waste of time and fifteen quid--------nice box though!
    .................................................................................................... ....................................................................................................

Look I only point this stuff out....I don't make you buy it!.. If I showed you a pretty girl you wouldn't go chasing after her now would you?

Why cant you scale off the heads and build a new hull to suit? smaller.. less metal....less weight to post. If it helps some I can send you an old CORGI
    Bob Spalding model for reference, I'm thinking you'd not want the B.B. version.....
    Yours Sincerely...Helpful from Bristol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    .................................................................................................... ....................................................................................................

Look I only point this stuff out....I don't make you buy it!.. If I showed you a pretty girl you wouldn't go chasing after her now would you?

Why cant you scale off the heads and build a new hull to suit? smaller.. less metal....less weight to post. If it helps some I can send you an old CORGI
    Bob Spalding model for reference, I'm thinking you'd not want the B.B. version.....
    Yours Sincerely...Helpful from Bristol
    Yeah, yeah ,yeah, -------that's what the sweet shop owner told the fat kid,
    Ive aways been a sucker for a pretty face-----and done more than my fair share of chasing so I'll pass on that one.

scale off the heads ? Build a new hull ? Phill, your having a laugh-------what the hell do I know about SCALING. .
    I got fingers like sausages ! Eyesight failing rapidly, ! And I don't and never have done and never bloody will do dinky versions of anything!
    Like I tried to tell you------there are no heads-------just the cam covers ! You want 'em, I'll send them-----and another thing, they are the same size as a postage stamp.

Damn right I wouldn't want the BB version of MY Miles.
    Corgi and Dinky do "toys for boys" -and crazy old cooney collectors who had stunted childhoods----me myself do "concepts for old farts" and ex racers who want a trip down memory lane and are not too concerned with detailed accuracy but are ready to part with a few shillings in exchange for a JRW CONCEPT!

May do a "progress" piccy today or tomorrow ------feel a whole lot better after yesterday's Herculean efforts------if I can make as much progress today, then I will be well chuffed.
    Full day today in the shop----then half a day tomorrow, my mate Nigel is coming to take me out to lunch ------booked a table at the "BLACK HORSE" in Binstead-----they do a really good fillet steak.!
    Should be exciting biting today if all goes well-----I have High Hopes------high in the sky, apple pie hopes !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Midas touch today-------I tell you, that pint sized Jag fits perfectly into the hull and that in turn bears a half tidy resemblance to The Lembske V12 Jag project !
    Even got the plug leads on.!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to fabricate a transom to take the motor and the stern drive -----deck needs shortening and the sponsons are borderline on acceptable------all will be revealed tomorrow when it all gets stitched together?
    Exhaust manifolds worked out ok, made the overall width a bit close for comfort but the overall proportions gel together nicely.

With th all the kerfuffle going on at the minute I forgot to thank Gene for his KT contributions, Bill Cooper was right on the first time I went to Havasu-------1969-------Clive Curtis and James Beard went there a couple of years before-------I first heard about Havasu from Dieter Scultze-----he thought it was the best race in the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jackie:

L-E-M-B-K-E

20 Foot Switzer Wing 2 X S3000 (Dust'n the Wind II)
    !6 foot Wood Eltro Vee (2X Merc 1500's) (Dust'n the Wind IV)
    15 foot Powercat 15C (2 X Merc 1500) (Dust'n the Wind III)
    (Single engine boats are lacking something)
    15’ Wooden Switzer Shooting Star...
    16 foot Lee Craft Merc S 3000-(Gold Dust II)
    (The exception proves the rule)
    Obsolete and Proud of it

Page 232 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 132 182 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 282 332 732 1232 ... LastLast