User Tag List

Page 23 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 73 123 523 1023 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the saddle again and you may have noticed that DONMAC received his guitar base I made for him.
    Have to tell you that is a big relief to me that he is happy with it, I worried about it a lot, just in case it got damaged or didn't come up to muster, or if he thought it was overpriced, I don't do commercial but I get a big kick out of Don being happy, and I made another friend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    The mail girl was holding a package when I got home. she asked politely "I'm very curious what this is". I had a big grin on and ripped it open to display a beautiful piece of handcrafted art!no damage to it on the journey!
    I had a usa strat neck and an Ibanez to start thinking about the body/neck contrast!the Ibanez fret board was a little dark but I kind of like the rosewood on the strat neck for contrast! I'm going to try a maple neck and decide which way to go with this! I've been picking them up and playing so much since this started it makes the whole deal that much sweeter!
    Jack, thanks for entertaining my dreams!
    So glad it got there undamaged Don and it's to your liking----I did worry a lot over it. Don't forget to tell Clapton how you feel!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Looks good in the picture.
    Thanks Johno, means a lot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where to begin? Drove down to the liner terminal at Southampton and parked the Lexus (parking was free courtesy of P&O ), no sign of the " AURIANA "-----maybe we got the date wrong or something -----hells teeth you can't just miss a 96,000 ton cruise liner, maybe we got the terminal wrong. Asked if anyone had seen the AURIANA floating around recently and was met with the moronic stare that you can only get from guys in chauffeur hats and yellow jackets wielding pencil and paper and trying to look important.
    Checked in reception and was told we were to dine on the OCEANA and please stand over there with the other couple of hundred prospective cruise customers. Not really thrilled to bits by all this, the OCEANA is 14 years old and isn't exactly P&O's latest flagship ----let's just go with the flow Wilson, chill out, be cool man, be nice to hard working show you round the boat salesman.
    Finally checked in , just like for real, picture taken , autograph, pick up the goody bag, stand in line, wait till your group is called and meanwhile grab yourself a free coffee. Asked for a hot chocolate ------only do those Monday Wednesday and Friday -----I'll take a coffee with half and half-----what's half and half sir? OK give me some cream-----don't have cream, just semi skimmed milk-----I don't like semi skimmed milk----then you just have to take it black---SIR.
    This is P&O trying to impress me and get me on one of their packages, honest to murgatroyd ---I ask you----is the pope really catholic?
    After dumping the lousiest cardboard cup of coffee ever created, our number was finally called and ten of us were shown round the boat for the next ninety minutes----all fifteen decks of tired opulence ----guess how impressed I was. Turned out the guide was a friend of my younger sister Jan, and lived two doors down from her in the same street, always thought she was a mild, quiet sort of girl, must have a talk with her next time we meet!!!
    Finally we sat down for the banquet -----smoked wild Scottish salmon with dill, lemon, black pepper-sprinkled from six inches and served with one and one eighth thinly cut and buttered brown home made and freshly baked bread------cut out the B/S and it's smoked salmon & brown bread. Tasted nice though, one point !!!
    Main course was next up, the choice was beef filet or halibut or lamb curry. Jill had done the side of a cow last Sunday and I had beef every day till Friday so guess what? Not a big fish fan so I opted for the rosh bosh-----big mistake-----tough as old boots, too hot for my delicate palette ----was a bloody OLD sheep, not lamb.
    Next course was Tom & Jerrys ice cream platter, vanilla, Belgian truffle chocolate, strawberry & vanilla ( with a wafer ) Impossible to ruin .Another point.
    then came the coupe-de-grace, Costa coffee with fresh cream, just the way I like it, beats Starbucks any day----10 points.
    Talk amongst yourselves and draw your own conclusions.
    Celebrity Cruises is the next trip starting next Saturday.
    finished the lunch at 1400 hrs and started the long trek to Somerset ----but that's another tale, j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her lying next to me says we sail for the Norwegian fiords next Friday-----8day cruise on the "ECLIPSE"----no I pad allowed, can't afford the connection at the on board prices.
    Could launch our own satellite if six of us clubbed it.
    Time to rise and shine, need to tidy the workshop, and do Something!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	391.2 KB 
ID:	296963Click image for larger version. 

Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	296964Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	399.1 KB 
ID:	296965Sorry for npo postee-----got enthused in the making of the wheels for the 1906 Silver Ghost----ya know---the way ya do--head down, arse up and the devil take the high road.
    Front wheels have ten spokes, rear have fourteen, decided to give 'em a bit of shape instead of straight pegs, which is what I did last time .
    Will give you lots of detail (if anyone's interested).
    It takes me about a day to do a wheel, and another couple to turn out the hubs and a,keep the tyres!!!
    Had me lunch and an hours nap, so out into the workshop and enjoy the rest of the day. Her who shall be obeyed is out shopping, can be as noisy as I want, will do another post tonight.j.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you just loathe and detest predicted text-----you have to check EVERY damn word, the moron thinks it can outthink ME------you cannot outthink an idiot (just saved you the trouble Willa).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    ------you cannot outthink an idiot (just saved you the trouble Willa).
    Thank you ......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Thank you ......
    Je vous en prie (your welcome) mon ami.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

Size:	391.2 KB 
ID:	296963Click image for larger version. 

Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	296964Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	399.1 KB 
ID:	296965Sorry for npo postee-----got enthused in the making of the wheels for the 1906 Silver Ghost----ya know---the way ya do--head down, arse up and the devil take the high road.
    Front wheels have ten spokes, rear have fourteen, decided to give 'em a bit of shape instead of straight pegs, which is what I did last time .
    Will give you lots of detail (if anyone's interested).
    It takes me about a day to do a wheel, and another couple to turn out the hubs and a,keep the tyres!!!
    Had me lunch and an hours nap, so out into the workshop and enjoy the rest of the day. Her who shall be obeyed is out shopping, can be as noisy as I want, will do another post tonight.j.
    First pic is of the silver ghost I did a couple of years ago showing the wheels----ten spokes on the front and fourteen on the rear.
    Last pick is of the new front wheel----quite a lot of friggin about----turn the hub out of solid-----dig out for the bearing------bore ten holes in the hub ---tap 'em to 4mm-----turn and tap Ten spokes-----turn up the rim------bore ten 6mm holes-----line the lot up and stitch it together-----TWICE.
    Then do the same thing all over again except this time there are fourteen spokes-----just when you think that's it ---job done-----you remember the spare wheel------life's a bitch sometimes.
    Still, did good this afternoon, bored the hub, turned up the spokes and threaded 'em, all ready for a crack-o-sparrer start tomorrow .
    If I'm boring the pants off you, please tell me, ( Wllabee does not count so forget it) and I'll try to remember some of the jokes my old granny used to tell.
    Thread is called " Tricks old retired POWERBOATERS get up to" , I'm just kinda filling in, any one can join in.
    Looked at other threads on S&F ----it looks like I killed at least half a dozen. Enough of the waffling for one day----you may get lucky and I forget to post tomorrow .
    Nobody wants to play any more----old folks argue, or discuss, disagree and pass wind--have hairy nostrils and ears, wear deaf aids and glasses, with false teeth that chatter, ( good for scaring great grand kids). ---need to shower twice a day or BO mortis sets in----live with it----I do. G'night.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does this look right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    does this look right?
    Don my boy, that is the one----the worlds most valuable auto, £ 56.000.000 at the last appraisal
    See what I mean about the ten and fourteen spoke wheels!, the spare is just a rim and a tyre!!!
    THAT IS THE ORIGINAL SILVER GHOST----RX 201.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	12 
Size:	399.2 KB 
ID:	297078Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	392.2 KB 
ID:	297079

Great that someone in Canada can relate to a project an old fart like me does for fun.
    The Ghost is owned by BMW or VW---not sure which, part of the great British auto industry sell out. Almost out of range of any individual by now, take heed all you colonial car enthusiasts, the finest collection of Duesys are in the USA, make sure they stay there, for Gods sake protect your heritage with pride----we didn't.

Done three of the five wheels----as I said, takes a day to do each wheel, added bonus, I got the hub of number four turned, bored, tapped and polished ready for an early start. Problem is, I have run out of brass rod for the spokes, had to order more from the net----won't be here till Friday by which time I shall be on the high seas and not giving a flying fart about wheels for a Silver Ghost.!!!
    Pictures of this particular car are difficult to find, detailed pictures even harder, I would be interested to know where you acquired that picture----I have not seen it before, please Mac, don't leave it too long I'm off on Friday.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: I just found out that the problem with sideways/upside-down pictures is a problem with the I-Phone software. They are aware of it and are trying to come up with a fix. You see Jackie; its not old age.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: I just found out that the problem with sideways/upside-down pictures is a problem with the I-Phone software. They are aware of it and are trying to come up with a fix. You see Jackie; its not old age.
    So it could apertain to the iPad also---suddenly I feel a whole lot better Johno, thanks.

Page 23 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 73 123 523 1023 ... LastLast