User Tag List

Page 22 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 72 122 522 1022 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Raspberry Ripple GMC

Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Attachment 296581Attachment 296582Attachment 296586 Our old friend Dave Brockington lives in the Languedoc area I am due to go over again for a visit soon.These pictures will get your attention I nearly had a moment of weakness here I thought of you when this GMC travelhome went through a classic car auction and nearly bought it` at the last minute I thought transportation costs from Norfolk to where you are would have cost a pretty penny?Needed some of Jackies TLC?
    Have nothing but fond memories and big fuel bills from the GMC days Steve,
    60 mph would give about 10 mpg. 100 mph would give you 3 to 4 mph but it was worth it just to see the look on the other drivers face as you pissed all over him from a dizzy height .
    You would have bought that in a bygone age----you going pussy on me Steve ?
    Lived 10ks outside Montpellier in the Languedoc for many years, had no idea Dave B. Lived down there.
    Just one comment-----the GMC looks like a bloody raspberry ripple, whoever did the paint job was color blind----drunk-----had no taste and was a moron.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought those GMC's were cool. There happens to be a puke green 1 for sale near me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Guy View Post
    I always thought those GMC's were cool. There happens to be a puke green 1 for sale near me.
    They were "cool". Also some weird colour combinations. They made a little 24' as well..
    Boeing and Airbus pilots must get the same kick we got when we boarded those things!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rich, you know anyone in "Admin" at Scream&Fly?
    Would still like to know how come when I get on "hot singles" I'm freakin screaming and here I'm just an old dick ( member) ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what was the GMC powered with Jackie?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    what was the GMC powered with Jackie?
    An eight pot with headers and a Holley that was used for bringing North Sea Gas ashore in later life. Was either 6 point Something or maybe 8 liters, could always leave burn marks on the Tarmac from a standing start------wasn't so much the sight of a motor home passing as the sight of the boat being tugged behind. THE HUMILIATOR ,!!
    If it was a wet road, you cold floor it but it would not move forward ------it stayed put, but the front wheels would smoke and the rig would just slowly slide a tad to starboard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe a old old 454 7.4 litre?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    maybe a old old 454 7.4 litre?
    Hey man, what's with the old old?454? Knowing Barry, he would have bought the biggest fastest, meanest, piece of kit money could buy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked at the Rolls I made last year and decided to sell it and make a new model but a lot more authentic this time. If anyone wants to buy it, I would like $350 US. (Negotiable ).
    Blades came for the little inca bandsaw today, spent the morning fine tuning it and making a stainless fence for it, runs like clockwork, smooth as silk, a nice handimans tool, but not quite a craftsmans piece of kit.
    Keeping the Startrite, will put the Inca on Ebay.
    Have to find the air fare to Orlando in November soon, Branson used to run Offshore boats back in the day-----you'd think he would do a concession for old time boat racers, but I don't suppose USAIN Bolt does all that advertising for free.
    With the best will in the world, Easter always buggers up the following week for some reason, does anyone else find this?
    I'm rambling-----time for bye-byes, talk tomorrow ----be more interesting----promise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really surprised nobody commented on the last post---really was full of nothingness----even Willa declined to comment.
    Again I didn't get a great deal done today, dishwasher gave up the ghost and had to wait for the plumber to install a new one----all singing and dancing Bosch no less. £550 . I could do all the dishes for the next ten years and still not spend that much. Bloody thing was made in Mexico, how's that for economic viability ----the worlds gone mad while I wasn't looking and of course the destructions are in Spanish with a California accent .
    Her who shall be obeyed has booked Saturday lunch on the P&O " Queen Elizabeth ", they want to know why we're not going cruising with them? This year.
    First of May we leave Southampton for an eight day cruise to Norway so at the prices they charge for an internet connection you will get a full respite from Wilsons ramblings--------but as my sainted mother used to say ------You'll miss me when I'm gone !!!
    It's my old friend BILL MOULLANDS 94th birthday tomorrow , so I am off to Kirdford to wish him happy birthday -----he is one of the top ten wood turners in the world still and has the hands of a brain surgeon, his work is staggeringly beautiful .
    That was more or less my day, so you see I'm still kinda bogged down and wallowing , have a good night people. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	405.0 KB 
ID:	296700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	390.4 KB 
ID:	296701It may be Bills birthday today, but him upstairs has decreed we shall have rain and in spades, with it come the floods-----so for the last 36 hours the heavens have unzipped and dumped another 2".
    the roads are flooded and the ditches full. Enough already, cease, desist , feels like Canute must have done.
    Here's the little Inca saw, done the fence with a couple of s/s bits---all ready to rock.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill was in fine fettle, had about twenty kinfolk visiting, I stood outside his front window and gave him the Wilson rendition of "Happy Birthday" in the pouring rain------felt like Gene Kelly!!!
    Her indoors tells me tomorrows lunch is on board the AURIANA not the queen Elizabeth , tell you in the next post if it was worth the money.
    Rain still coming down and has left widespread flooding and much misery, as flooding always does.
    Going down to Somerset on Saturday to look at some timber I heard about, burr something or other I'm led to believe , May light the candle, wandering about like a lost Jew at the minute, not aiming anywhere.
    Read WILLABEE s last post in " Hot Singles" and the angry juices start to kick in about the lost opportunities .
    Had to leave my reply after the first couple of sentences ( mitigating circumstances) and S&F screwed up most of my comments and only printed the first couple of paras. Left me spitting feathers, will feel better when I've slept on it. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mail girl was holding a package when I got home. she asked politely "I'm very curious what this is". I had a big grin on and ripped it open to display a beautiful piece of handcrafted art!no damage to it on the journey!
    I had a usa strat neck and an Ibanez to start thinking about the body/neck contrast!the Ibanez fret board was a little dark but I kind of like the rosewood on the strat neck for contrast! I'm going to try a maple neck and decide which way to go with this! I've been picking them up and playing so much since this started it makes the whole deal that much sweeter!
    Jack, thanks for entertaining my dreams!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    The mail girl was holding a package when I got home. she asked politely "I'm very curious what this is". I had a big grin on and ripped it open to display a beautiful piece of handcrafted art!no damage to it on the journey!
    I had a usa strat neck and an Ibanez to start thinking about the body/neck contrast!the Ibanez fret board was a little dark but I kind of like the rosewood on the strat neck for contrast! I'm going to try a maple neck and decide which way to go with this! I've been picking them up and playing so much since this started it makes the whole deal that much sweeter!
    Jack, thanks for entertaining my dreams!
    Looks good in the picture.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang about folks, lots of replies to lots of peoples are needed, it's late Sunday afternoon here,must have done a zillion miles since Saturday morning, talk about cramming a quart into a pint pot------I think I just put a whole week into this weekend.
    Gonna have forty winks, then I shall be a little more affable, couldn't even face a touch of sex right now, totally KNACKERED .

Page 22 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 72 122 522 1022 ... LastLast