User Tag List

Page 21 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 71 121 521 1021 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	411.1 KB 
ID:	296416

This is is the xylophone I bought yesterday, used to call these things a "Tingelarium" when I was a little girl ???
    Marching bands used them----even got the scabbard or quiver or whatever the holder is called, fits over the shoulder then sits in your lap.
    Still not sure it's not a "Glockenspiel " but I'm not exactly Leonard Bernstein or
    Paderewski , feel free to comment any one out there.
    Its Good Friday and I shut the shop at four, Jilly just poured me a stiff one with a few nibbles, so talk later

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	25 
Size:	400.8 KB 
ID:	296428

Thats the the cracking little Swiss Inca bandsaw I got at the car boot sale, 20 years old but in pristine condition and hasn't seen much usage.May keep it, may sell it , loathe to get rid of the Startrite, it can do every thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    13 x 2 = 26 + 25 = 51 F
    The real way is (C x 1.8) + 32 = F ala 13C x 1.8=23.4 + 32 =55.4F. Or you can use one of those side ways picture taking I-Phones and it will convert for you. Happy Easter.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the saw, but looks like its missing its blade. Most likely has one of those funny English plugs also and runs on 230v. I have a good old American one that does the job just fine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old dogs and new tricks .....

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    How do you do that-----just take a line out and send just the line,
    Click on "reply with quote"
    Scroll down a tad and click on "go advanced"

The entire post you are responding to is now in the box ..... fill in the title box if you can come up with something witty .....

Left click and drag your cursor over what you want to remove, it will appear as highlighted material in the box ..... be very careful not to disturb the first [QUOTE] and last [QUOTE] .....

If what you now see highlighted is what you wanted to remove, it the delete button

You can also remove material piece by piece, by that I mean you may find it easier to highlight a few words or a sentence, hit delete and then highlight the next sentence you want out.

Hope that helps .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    The real way is (C x 1.8) + 32 = F ala 13C x 1.8=23.4 + 32 =55.4F. Or you can use one of those side ways picture taking I-Phones and it will convert for you. Happy Easter.
    A very happy Easter to you Johno, knew you would come up with a Socrastotle answer, remind me never to think I know better than you, told you I only have a Sonim phone , no pictures or fancy bits, but it saved my brother in laws life when he fell in the Hamble river and he pulled it out of his pocket and phoned for help, water don't affect it, so got one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WILLABEE'S helping hand for dummies

[QUOTE=willabee;2626901]Click on "reply with quote"

The entire post you are responding to is now in the box ..... fill in the title box if you can come up with something witty .....

Left click and drag your cursor over what you want to remove, it will appear as highlighted material in the box ..... be very careful not to disturb the first and last

If what you now see highlighted is what you wanted to remove, it the delete button

You can also remove material piece by piece, by that I mean you may find it easier to highlight a few words or a sentence, hit delete and then highlight the next sentence you want out.

Hope that helps .....
    Bill, I have tried 'till I am blue in the face and my index finger is plumb wore out and aching ------sadly, I have come to the conclusion ( reluctantly I might add) that I am doing something very wrong, or that particular method is not concussive to I pads.
    Will try on the Mac downstairs tomorrow and see if I can make head or tail of it all.
    Had hoped my grand kids or kids might visit, but I can't even raise one of them on Skype, FaceTime, or telephone, have a funny feeling maybe their trying to tell me something.!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the saw, but looks like its missing its blade. Most likely has one of those funny English plugs also and runs on 230v. I have a good old American one that does the job just fine.
    Blade was shot, so was the belt on the bottom wheel and the centre blade guide.
    Turned an alloy centre piece (far superior to the original anyway), ordered a five pack of 72'' blades, cut a strip of velcro (eye) and put it on the bottom wheel, should arrive first post tomorrow Saturday .
    Good old American saws are like the US automobiles, agricultural, but built to last and do the job "just fine".
    Sad to report there has been no development of the funny English three pin plug in the last fifty years----if it don't break, why fix it ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you do that with or without a calculator Johno?
    I never got around to using one of those contraptions either.

So, I would multiply 13 by 2 = 26 - 13 0. 2 = 23.4------just different strokes, same result , ALMOST
    My teacher was right you know,I AM a wiseass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to my neighbours house for a lamb roast Saturday , about forty of my friends who live in the lane were invited, really was a great start to Easter , weather was kind with a bunch of sunshine, then some wag made the comment " we could do with some rain"------him upstairs heard this and unzipped the clouds for the next 24 hours, dumping 2" of juice all over the hog market and cancelling any hope of further festivities .----Motto to this -----Be careful what you wish for!!!
    Got a rare visit from my middle daughter Kim, she has three boys and an ex----she's different to the others, bit of a hippy, bit of an artist, won't be "druv" and has straight down the barrel views and opinions, I don't mess with her----I just listen.!!!
    Visiting some of my older less fortunate friends today, am a bit remiss on visiting poorly folk, have to make the effort though, it always winds up down memory lane and I never know whether I am happy or sad I made the effort. Anyone else feel that way?----or don't you bother?
    Last day of Easter today, then back to normality ----workshop reopens and all's well with the world, hope you all enjoyed Easter as much as I did. Was too busy to watch the Chinese Grand Prix , but happy for hamilton ---he has a half tidy motor at last. Back to normal tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last timeof trying

[QUOTE=jackiewilson;2626940]
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post
    Click on "reply with quote"

The entire post you arem blue in the face and my index finger is plumb wore out and aching ------sadly, I have come to the conclusion ( reluctantly I might add) that I am doing something very wrong, or that particular method is not concussive to I pads.
    Will try on the Mac downstairs tomorrow and see if I can make head or tail of it all.
    Had hoped my grand kids or kids might visit, but I can't even raise one of them on Skype, FaceTime, or telephone, have a funny feeling maybe their trying to tell me something.!!!

by george we have a modicum---------works on the MAC William, thanks. Jackie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	102 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	296566

This is is one of the few pastimes I have left that I really enjoy!!!
    My friends George and Maryka from San Diego own a mas in the Languedoc , every year they invite a bunch of friends to spend the morning picking and pressing grapes------then we have a huge lunch out on the terrace, drinking last years wine and eating local produce with oysters and fresh baked bread.
    Its a mixture of nations------Americans-----English-----Swedes------Dutch -----French-----Belgian----and others, a couple of things in common, a love of food, wine and friends.
    Just thought I might share this with some of my other friends on S&F. J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drinking wine in the sunshine

Name:	GMC TRAVELHOME 002.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	296581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMC TRAVELHOME 003.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	296582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMC TRAVELHOME 004.jpg 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	296586
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

Views:	102 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	296566

This is is one of the few pastimes I have left that I really enjoy!!!
    My friends George and Maryka from San Diego own a mas in the Languedoc , every year they invite a bunch of friends to spend the morning picking and pressing grapes------then we have a huge lunch out on the terrace, drinking last years wine and eating local produce with oysters and fresh baked bread.
    Its a mixture of nations------Americans-----English-----Swedes------Dutch -----French-----Belgian----and others, a couple of things in common, a love of food, wine and friends.
    Just thought I might share this with some of my other friends on S&F. J.
    Our old friend Dave Brockington lives in the Languedoc area I am due to go over again for a visit soon.These pictures will get your attention I nearly had a moment of weakness here I thought of you when this GMC travelhome went through a classic car auction and nearly bought it` at the last minute I thought transportation costs from Norfolk to where you are would have cost a pretty penny?Needed some of Jackies TLC?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post

Name:	GMC TRAVELHOME 002.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	229.8 KB 
ID:	296581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMC TRAVELHOME 003.jpg 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	296582Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GMC TRAVELHOME 004.jpg 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	296586 Our old friend Dave Brockington lives in the Languedoc area I am due to go over again for a visit soon.These pictures will get your attention I nearly had a moment of weakness here I thought of you when this GMC travelhome went through a classic car auction and nearly bought it` at the last minute I thought transportation costs from Norfolk to where you are would have cost a pretty penny?Needed some of Jackies TLC?
    A classic for sure. Not on par with todays motorhomes, but at its time it was one of the best.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A classic for sure. Not on par with todays motorhomes, but at its time it was one of the best.
    Johno, i bought that 26' GMC from Barry Sheene, he had 2 of them. Part of the deal was I took him up in the Enstrom, he just went ape s-it over it---one week later he had put in the 40 hours, got a pilots licence-----bought the five rotor Huey from a guy in Ireland and had a chopper up to the day he died.
    Still think the GMC was the best motor home I ever owned, bought one just like it twenty five years later.
    Whadya mean----not on a par with today's motor homes-----not many of them will run 100mph, that did------how many got a 12" step up to floor level?------not many ever had the panache and style and the ability to make you feel like a king.
    Every race meeting we ever attended----that thing was the central meeting point.
    Unless you spend $ 1,000,000+ today! there is still nothing to hold a candle to that mother.

Page 21 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 71 121 521 1021 ... LastLast