User Tag List

Page 18 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 68 118 518 1018 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	465.2 KB 
ID:	296081

Told you you I was about to wander in the woods as the bluebells were in full bloom.
    Had forgotten just how tranquil and beautiful the woods are, really lost myself in deep thunk of years gone by when as a kid with a bunch of mates would explore the streams, lakes, find the tallest trees to climb and pitch a tent and sleep out there.
    Can remember laying under a cow, mouth wide open while my mate Titchie Spalding milked her, most of it went all over my head, chest and face but milk never tasted so good!!!
    Think the bluebells are peculiar to England ---whilst I can take pictures and show the image, unfortunately I cannot give you the experience of the magical scent that permeates the forest as you walk through a sea of bluebells. Should you ever get a chance to walk an English wood in early April, do not let the opportunity slip, I promise you it will be one of the seven wonders of your lifetime.
    That's the pool in the process of being prepared for the Easter onslaught from grand kids . Pulled the pump and stripped it, did all the filters, sucks better than a French---------------schhhh it's nearly Sunday .
    will post more piccies tomorrow . TBC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the milk was past your eyes?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CNC_Guy View Post
    So the milk was past your eyes?
    AND FULL CREAM!!! Came from a Jersey

We got us a live one here ------first time I heard that, I piddled my nappy (diaper to colonials), but at least it's nice to know there is life on Mars.
    Get to thinking I'm talking to meself and then occasionally somebody takes time out to answer, much appreciated Guy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    don't worry, when you have turned 250 of them, you will be able to turn.
    Hilarious!

I'm a pretty fair craftsman but a horrible artist. Never thought of attempting to mix the two
    Love the pix's.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedfab View Post
    Jackie, I'd like to see what you can cobble together with some Obeche ply, a little Sitka spruce, screws, glue, an old F1 car V8, and an outdrive.
    Perfect!

(just found this thread)
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just untie the shoelaces---in case ----start point 70----now five on left hand + 2 from right hand, -----=7 got that Stoker ------take 7 from 70 ------tell me what you got. Nobody help him------he can do this.
    Now that was funny!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    Now that was funny!!!
    Instigator-----don't know who you is or who you ain't , but I'm here Monday to Sunday most weeks and you can call anytime----pleeze tell me you got a sense of umer ---it's the one thing lacking with most of the old farts.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Instigator-----don't know who you is or who you ain't , but I'm here Monday to Sunday most weeks and you can call anytime----pleeze tell me you got a sense of umer ---it's the one thing lacking with most of the old farts.
    I'm just a nobody Jackie. But a fan of yours.

I grew up too late and wished we had the internet back in the day so I could have followed racing back then.

Based on your character and sense of humor you might appreciate some of my history.

Built first boat at 9 yrs of age.

First one to float at 17.

Started racing kneel down's at 17 (that I built).

Spent the next 9 yrs living in **** hole apartments, driving junk cars, getting fired from every job, every year at our Nationals. Best one was calling in sick from a pay phone in the pits when the announcer came on the P.A. and announced "B Hydros to the water"
    The now X boss asked where to send my last check

At 19, I spent a summer building Pro O/B hydros for Tim Butts in Houston Tx. Learned a ton about stressed skin construction, thinking outside the box and NOT copying anybody.
    Also learned that at 19 I was not mature/responsible enough (think what is on the mind of a 19 yr old male) to understand the opportunity I was given.

After 9 yrs of beating my head against the wall racing kneel down (designing/building my own boats, motors, trailers, and beating on my own props) while not listening to anybody........, I gave it up.
    My dream was always of racing OPC tunnel boats but I didn't know anybody in my area (Columbus Ohio at that time) to get help from and it never happened.

My last hurrah in kneel down was an attempt at a tunnel boat for B Stock Hydro racing. I designed it as a lay down boat but my design was um......, off a bit.
    It tried to blow over three times and on the fourth attempt, it succeeded and landed on my head.
    I took it home, cut it into 3 pcs and drug it to the curb.

After racing I spent 20 yrs trying to put together a pleasure O/B that was as much fun as 105 lb hull w/a MK 20H toilet bowl at full song and failed.

I learned to make an OMC run pretty good and did all the work, including porting, myself. My last full zoot motor started as 225 HP 3.3 liter direct injected Ficht fishing motor. I converted it to traditional 2 stroke and cut my own combustion chamber design, ran fully programable EFI, mounted it to a custom 16" mid section and grafted on a Mercury Sportmaster gear case that I put 1.62 gears in.
    I would guess it was making north of 350 HP's.

Attached a picture of that motor and the tunnel boat (attempt).

You might also be interested to know that my Dad is 93 yrs old and can still kick my ass! Mom is 94 and still calls every wk or so.

Love reading your history, sense of humor and seeing your pix's.

BTW, I stopped counting birthdays at 50, and started counting backwards. I'm now 46

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Last edited by Instigator; 04-13-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insti, never in a million years could you be a nobody. All you need is a bit of lateral thinking and a gentle kick in the right direction.
    So now there are least two reasonable intellects in Columbus Ohio, you and WILLABEE .
    Chris Hodges had your problem, wouldn't listen, had to do it his way, he was a better craftsman than ,Molinari, Velden and Seebold put together but was always stupidly pig headed-----IF ONLY?
    Take a leaf out of your parents bible, think about it, they gotta be doing something right to reach mid 90s and still up and running.
    An old friend of mine once told me " NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE OBJECTIVE" apart from being Welsh he was quite an educated sort of chap and of course absolutely right.
    Have to go now, it's a beautiful day out there and I don't want to miss it, can do this when it's dark,
    Might be kinda nice to know your name, send me a pm if your shy with it. J.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Insti, never in a million years could you be a nobody. All you need is a bit of lateral thinking and a gentle kick in the right direction.
    So now there are least two reasonable intellects in Columbus Ohio, you and WILLABEE .
    Chris Hodges had your problem, wouldn't listen, had to do it his way, he was a better craftsman than ,Molinari, Velden and Seebold put together but was always stupidly pig headed-----IF ONLY?
    Take a leaf out of your parents bible, think about it, they gotta be doing something right to reach mid 90s and still up and running.
    An old friend of mine once told me " NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE OBJECTIVE" apart from being Welsh he was quite an educated sort of chap and of course absolutely right.
    Have to go now, it's a beautiful day out there and I don't want to miss it, can do this when it's dark,
    Might be kinda nice to know your name, send me a pm if your shy with it. J.
    Name is Gary Williams Jackie.

I lived in Columbus in my racing days and now call Vero Beach Florida home. We bought a house 6 months ago w/no garage and next week I start building one. The creative juices are still flowing but have no place for an outlet until the garage gets built.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, have a son who lives in Stuart and runs wilson custom marine, just up the road from you.
    he couldn't find the fifty footer he wanted, so he set to and built his own, it's down at Geiko in Jupiter rigHt now having the motors fitted by my grandson Craig.
    Make sure you build the garage at least twice as big as you need, then it will be just half the size you shoulda built it"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gary, have a son who lives in Stuart and runs wilson custom marine, just up the road from you.
    he couldn't find the fifty footer he wanted, so he set to and built his own, it's down at Geiko in Jupiter rigHt now having the motors fitted by my grandson Craig.
    Make sure you build the garage at least twice as big as you need, then it will be just half the size you shoulda built it"
    Very cool Jackie! I saw the pix's in another thread.

Garage is 22' x 24' and a 30' x 40' pole barn will be next and will serve as my next laboratory

Here's my last project that I just sold (to fund above projects).
    1985 24' Sonic. Second I've owned and the first I had my ways with, proper like.
    Complete, bare hull restoration/re-fit and powered by twin 250's that I built from spare parts I collected.
    I did everything including painting the hull and motors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now That is WICKED----some sort of nobody wouldn't you say Gary, makes my OBE/s look most insignificant ( own bloody efforts).
    May have to call on your services once we start " The Cosworth " project.
    You see what fun it is to see and hear just what tricks old racers get up to.
    I'm sure there are others just like us out there who don't just sit on their arses and switch on to auto-pilot, maybe you can show us the progress of the shed and shop.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	14 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	296136Click image for larger version. 

Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	296136Click image for larger version. 

Size:	403.0 KB 
ID:	296137

Played about with the "High Hopes" piece, too much steel , needs wood and granite but can't quite put it all together yet, but it'll come.
    Don, will put your check in the bank tomorrow, have to go into Chichester, first chance I've had to go in there, don't do towns!!!
    GPO say I have to use one of their boxes to ship the guitar base, will get it off this week, hope you like it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BEARLY HIGH HOPES- I like them together. sure stimulates the brain! no rush on the guitar jack. this little endeavour has certainly stimulated my playing. I've been picking up the guitars a lot more since this project started! I told my oldest son who's quite a serious guitar player about your find of the squire strat and Keith Richards "godson". My son says that Keith played guitar with a string missing for some songs!
    the problem with the late snow melt is the shortened time frame to get everything cleaned and operational! the weather hear is only decent from june until oct. when all the boats are coming out of storage,docks in the water, and city folk showing up, it's nice to have the house grounds work out of the way before the onslaught!

Page 18 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 68 118 518 1018 ... LastLast