User Tag List

Page 16 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 66 116 516 1016 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Sorry folks, I am a bit of a dingleberry, you have to go to the thread "OFF PLANS FOR 2014 "to see the piccies of the last piece I did, then I have to eat a slice of the humble pie and apologise to Rich for slapping it on the wrong site------put it down to anything you like except old age------don't do old age.
    I prefer to tell adversaries to perform the sex act on one's self, has a little more breeding than GFY!! And I'm not afraid of aging, I just don't like the parts wearing out and slowing down!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokernick View Post
    I prefer to tell adversaries to perform the sex act on one's self, has a little more breeding than GFY!! And I'm not afraid of aging, I just don't like the parts wearing out and slowing down!
    Thats ok for you Stoker, you are what's known in the mother country as " REFEENED" whereas I am just a commoner, any such remark passing my lips would be looked at down the long probiscus with much disdain. I would probably be threatened with expulsion from the Boy Scouts .
    GFY is honest and straight to the point, whereas " perform the sex act" is open to all sorts of interpretation depending on your religion and country of origin-----example, if you come from Wales, a playground is two sheep tied to a lamp post. I am sure other countries have similar quirks. I have no wish to travel down that particular road!!!
    I'm not afraid of ageing, it's just something that pisses me off like the person who rings and tries to sell me snake oil just as I have started my dinner, I am content to be where I am and who I am, if I keep this machine " well fed, well oiled and watered, then I can live with it. OK so it don't travel at 100+mph any more-----but it's still travelling. Have a nice day folks, J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	295480Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	295481Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	401.0 KB 
ID:	295482Click image for larger version. 

Views:	17 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	295483Click image for larger version. 

Views:	18 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	295484

Scratching through the last of the logs in the wood store, unearthed another " interesting " specimen. Put it to one side intending to tackle it next week, then curiosity got the better of me this morning and I decided I would just run one face of it over the planer, was well impressed with the result so I just carried on scratching and farting about, sanding, carving, shaping, and the beauty of it gradually surfaced. Cut the final time with 600 grit and the timber is really hard, was a stone bitch to plane and knocked three sheets out of the blades, means a resharp before I can use the planer again-----just one of life's little " that'll teach you " moments.
    Closed the workshop doors at 4 pm and her indoors has snatched the keys and hidden them, we have two of my favourite people coming for three days from holland, TINY and LEO -------TINY is drop dead gorgeous and Leo was an Olympic speed skater WITH THE MOST WICKED SENSE OF HUMOUR, ALMOST EVIL.,!!

Been threatened with an early demise should I even THINK about going into the shop until Tuesday, so you can all have a welcome respite from my ramblings, have a great weekend all of you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: Take a look at Lars post on Hot Singles. You're mentioned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: Take a look at Lars post on Hot Singles. You're mentioned.
    Thanks Johnno, I look at WILLABEE'S thread most everyday, it's the most read one on S&F, as you know, I love a " Discussion ".
    That particular race was my very last -----retired immediately after and gave the boat to Mark, never ever got back into a boat in anger again.
    Did work for " THE MOUSE" ( Disney) on the film CONDOR MAN, with Michael Crawford and Oliver Reed, had a wonderful time, was all shot down in the south of France and Monte Carlo, but that's a whole new story.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm out of captivity from 3.30 tomorrow ( Tuesday ).
    My Dutch friends fly back to Amsterdam tomorrow, Gatwick at 2, home by 3.30 and off the hook.
    As Leo says , there are two kinds of lights, headlights and tail lights, it's nice to see them come, and nicer still to see them go.
    Friends staying are like fish ------stays fresh for three days.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall be a free spirit in a few short hours, the world is back to normality and all's well again.
    mind's been at it the last couple of days, dreaming and scheming on what to do next. Went to Arundel castle yesterday, chucked it down all day, stopped and had a coffee at the boathouse overlooking the river, they had a pizza oven on the go and were feeding some nice looking timber into the fire.. Asked if I could buy a chunk, the owner said take what you need, picked out a piece, will mess with it later today.
    Took them to Brighton to see the Brighton Pavilion ----lived this neck of the woods most of my life and never visited it before, obscene opulence !!! What a total waste of money, it may be historic but it's like the cathedrals, full of its own importance and paid for by the sweat of the people.
    I digress ----talk later

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jack, what is this building? is it near you? looks like something you had a hand on!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Views:	13 
Size:	421.8 KB 
ID:	295785Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	425.9 KB 
ID:	295786
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    Hi Jack, what is this building? is it near you? looks like something you had a hand on!
    That's the "SPINNAKER TOWER" in Portsmouth 15 miles down the road from my house.
    Did this particular piece some 5 years ago, it's a bit agricultural, one of my earlier efforts. Like to think I've improved a bit since then.
    Musn't be too bad, it's been on our bedroom dresser for the last three years.

Managed to get three hours in the shop this afternoon -----bliss----pure bliss!!! I feel humanoid again.
    remember the chunk of wood I told you about that I blagged from the boathouse in Arundel, well on close inspection it's a bit nondescript and characterless, spent a couple of hours messing about with the thing, but am not fully convinced much will materialise out of this particular item .
    See what transpires tomorrow , here's a couple of piccies of the damn thing, ugly bastard ain't it ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

Views:	13 
Size:	421.8 KB 
ID:	295785Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	425.9 KB 
ID:	295786 That's the "SPINNAKER TOWER" in Portsmouth 15 miles down the road from my house.
    Did this particular piece some 5 years ago, it's a bit agricultural, one of my earlier efforts. Like to think I've improved a bit since then.
    Musn't be too bad, it's been on our bedroom dresser for the last three years.

Managed to get three hours in the shop this afternoon -----bliss----pure bliss!!! I feel humanoid again.
    remember the chunk of wood I told you about that I blagged from the boathouse in Arundel, well on close inspection it's a bit nondescript and characterless, spent a couple of hours messing about with the thing, but am not fully convinced much will materialise out of this particular item .
    See what transpires tomorrow , here's a couple of piccies of the damn thing, ugly bastard ain't it ?
    just threw something similar to that in the woodstove!
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you'll find something hiding in there! I should have sent that package to the Spinnacker Tower, maybe the posties could find that!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you'll find something hiding in there! I should have sent that package to the Spinnacker Tower, maybe the posties could find that!
    Got your check yesterday Don, see it's made out in $ Canadian , will take it to my bank in Billingshurst later this week. It's a fair hike, but it's the only bank that treats me as a human being and not just a feckin number !!! Marion is the girl in charge and has been seeing to my needs for over 25 years (banking needs that is).
    If I ever have need to visit any other bank I realize what a bunch of incompetent Morons, ignorant and overpaid dumbclucks who think being rude is the norm.
    Sainted mother used to say, " they lend umbrellas when it's fine, but when it rains, they want 'em back" -----about sums them up don't you think?

Enough of all this, it's a beautiful day, cloudless blue sky, I'm here propped up in bed with a cup of tea the lovely Jilly just brought me, the day beckons, what more could a guy want??? All's well with the world

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stokernick View Post
    just threw something similar to that in the woodstove!
    Best place for it Stoker, if my piece don't come up to muster, that's where it will wind up.J.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to hear you received it! I was really starting to doubt the post office even more[if that's possible]. British lbs. were too heavy for the post, so I just put in a lot of light Canadian ones!did you receive the one wrapped in local blurb or the one that has been touring the world!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to hear you received it! I was really starting to doubt the post office even more[if that's possible]. British lbs. were too heavy for the post, so I just put in a lot of light Canadian ones!did you receive the one wrapped in local blurb or the one that has been touring the world!
    the one with the art guy attached, thanks Don.

Page 16 of 1251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 66 116 516 1016 ... LastLast