Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9509.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	23.02 MB 
ID:	519913Click image for larger version. 

ID:	519913
    Forgot to tell you , i bought a HOBIE TIGER CAT last week —— was intended for my Daughter Sam but she reckons its a tad too “SPORTIVE” for her ??????????
    Be interested to hear what some of the old farts have to say about this particular raft ????
    Does have everything with it of course— Road trailer —launch trolley —- and a lunch box !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, so no one knows anything about sailing????? ESPECIALLY HOBIE CATS !!!!!!… NIETHER DO I !!!!
    Once when i was a young man i almost bought a “MACALPINE DOWNIE CAT” which was a sailboat capable of pulling a water skier at the London Boat show in Olympia [long before the Earls Court] Shows. Glad i went the other route and bought a Broom with an 18hp EVINRUDE — was my first introduction in to powerboating. Never looked back—- never regretted it.
    From then on in my whole life revolved around powerboats ——as did my sons and all my grandkids .
    All my friends are involved in powerboats one way or another [and have been all my life].
    Here i am in the twilight of my life [and bloody fortunate to be still here] with very few regrets and not much cash as i am sure a great many of you will relate to.
    You dont put just money into power boating —- you put your heart and soul into it until it becomes your way of life and everything else simply “FITS IN”.
    Many of you reading this will know exactly what I’m talking about —-or you wouldn’t be reading it anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda like the tunnels you drove. Watch the cross winds or you will "barrel roll" just like a tunnel outboard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap and corruption ——-shop is just like the day we drove to Palm Springs in ‘71 100 with midges and rising temps. Was ok this morning when it was a tad overcast but i could fry steaks on the worktop this afternoon.
    Did manage to parcel up the Garbrecht/ DAVEY record boat for “PILGRIM” — STILL NEED THE EMAIL AND POSTAL ADDRESS AS WELL AS A CONTACT NUMBER before it can be posted ——-thats on top of the normal expensive rigmarole to send parcels anywhere these days .

Name:	IMG_3483.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	417.3 KB 
ID:	519954
    Managed to put the finishing touches to “The Gordon Murray”—— has A rake of Ferraris—-Lamborghinis—-Maclarens and An Aston in there somewhere .
    One outa three on a Sunday ain’t three bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gordon Murray, designer & builder, and Niki Lauda.

The designs I like are, "simple, lightweight, and purposeful", Gordon Murray

Murray lives in a one-bedroom house, with a 22-car garage.

Last edited by Lake X Kid; 06-11-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was almost impossible to find the cars i am looking for . There is no such thing as a Gordon Murray model car !!!!!!!
    That particular concept has ten cars ——- size has to be compatible——— marques in the same bracket—ie SUPERCARS .——. There is a race on Members day at Goodwood each April —just for GMA’S
    {GORDON MURRAY AUTOMOBILES}
    I have no idea whether or not there was a trophy given at the end of the event . Prize giving and dinner went on way past my allotted snooze time. Anyway—i made one !!!!! Can be raced for annually —or simply given away at the end of the event .
    Would not imagine for one moment that cost even enters the equation as each one of the competing cars are well over a million sterling apiece.

Plus they are decidedly RAPID !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    Kinda like the tunnels you drove. Watch the cross winds or you will "barrel roll" just like a tunnel outboard.
    What do you mean “JUST LIKE AN OUTBOARD” !!!!!!??????? ——-I have the paperwork to prove it actually was an outboard —- and conformed to all the UIM published rules!!!!
    Everything required in the OZ class.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Holy crap and corruption ——-shop is just like the day we drove to Palm Springs in ‘71 100 with midges and rising temps. Was ok this morning when it was a tad overcast but i could fry steaks on the worktop this afternoon.
    Did manage to parcel up the Garbrecht/ DAVEY record boat for “PILGRIM” — STILL NEED THE EMAIL AND POSTAL ADDRESS AS WELL AS A CONTACT NUMBER before it can be posted ——-thats on top of the normal expensive rigmarole to send parcels anywhere these days .

Name:	IMG_3483.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	417.3 KB 
ID:	519954
    Managed to put the finishing touches to “The Gordon Murray”—— has A rake of Ferraris—-Lamborghinis—-Maclarens and An Aston in there somewhere .
    One outa three on a Sunday ain’t three bad.
    Its all in the email I sent the other day
    Cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post

ID:	519913
    Forgot to tell you , i bought a HOBIE TIGER CAT last week —— was intended for my Daughter Sam but she reckons its a tad too “SPORTIVE” for her ??????????
    Be interested to hear what some of the old farts have to say about this particular raft ????
    Does have everything with it of course— Road trailer —launch trolley —- and a lunch box !!!!!!
    F18 is a heavy boat designed for 2 young blokes to race.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    Yeah—-well that was last month, when i was younger and enthusiastical—— you never done anything on ‘IMPULSE” ??????
    ’Tis over a year since i had the last mad fit of depression and bought the “FIREBLADE”—- needed help from my grandson SIMON to get out of that one, but i did.
    Lets face it —— there’s not a lot going for “growing old”. You just have to pretend you’re not——then you wake up in the back of an ambulance ——- or buy a “SHELBY COBRA” and face the wrath of the “ROTWEILER”
    Suppose i am trying to justify buying a HOBIE 18’ TIGER !!!!!!!
    THERE WERE MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	9b1452d6-ef54-45d5-8381-1a7b296e16b4.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	520024
    Four of my grandkids on vacation in Tuscany last week—- all back at work again this morning.
    Lou working on the HUSKI Team for the next race .
    Craig back in Palm City Bashing props.
    Simon back at Dunsfold Aerodrome working I_T to the bone .
    Then there’s Kate back to teaching kids again.
    Thats just four of the eleven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair winds in foul weather

Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    In addition to being a first rate BS slinger, I happen to have some experience with blow boats. Thank God you didn’t get a 14 foot Hobie with no jib they are almost impossible to come about in. Make sure you take someone with you that has some experience. In fact, your best bet Jackie has to sit on the shore and watch someone sell the boat with your luck. You’ll wrap the mainsheet around something that you can’t afford to lose and get yanked off the boat. Not that I wish you any bad luck, but selling a high-performance boat is just like getting in a tunnel boat at our age not advisable sell that boat as fast as you can and take the money and charter a luxury catamaran, either in the Caribbean or the Seychelles, or the Maldives for a week with a proper captain and crew. Money better spent and you’ll have a better time we’re going to discount cruise out of the port of Miami when you’re over here for the Key West races. take my advice from an old time smuggler sailor you don’t need to be on anything that you can’t point directly into the wind and motor about. Sincerely, Amberjack.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack1234 View Post
    In addition to being a first rate BS slinger, I happen to have some experience with blow boats. Thank God you didn’t get a 14 foot Hobie with no jib they are almost impossible to come about in. Make sure you take someone with you that has some experience. In fact, your best bet Jackie has to sit on the shore and watch someone sell the boat with your luck. You’ll wrap the mainsheet around something that you can’t afford to lose and get yanked off the boat. Not that I wish you any bad luck, but selling a high-performance boat is just like getting in a tunnel boat at our age not advisable sell that boat as fast as you can and take the money and charter a luxury catamaran, either in the Caribbean or the Seychelles, or the Maldives for a week with a proper captain and crew. Money better spent and you’ll have a better time we’re going to discount cruise out of the port of Miami when you’re over here for the Key West races. take my advice from an old time smuggler sailor you don’t need to be on anything that you can’t point directly into the wind and motor about. Sincerely, Amberjack.
    Now i know exactly why i never went sailing and chose exactly where and where i could not go. It’s always been with a motor and it’s too damn late to change now ..
    Two things i always kept away from—HAY BURNERS AND SAIL BOATS !!!!!!!!!!
    Without a doubt the most expensive thing i ever made acquaintance with was an ARAB —— lovely thing—— i had a dozen empty stables and a teenage daughter who had already cost me a kings ransom learning to ride HAY BURNERS —- but she had this friend who was going to Australia for a month and needed someone to care for the ARAB !!!!!!!!!WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG ??????? Biggest mistake i ever made in my life —- we had a nice 5 acre paddock and a couple of fields —- all enclosed with adequate fencing and a drainage ditch on the south side .
    Second day of caretaking —- blasted nag tries to jump the ditch and proceeds to tangle itself in a wire fence —- called the vet on what would be the first of many very expensive visits .
    I never allowed Sam a horse again —— and i never learned the Rag and Stick trade.

Page 1184 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 184 684 1084 1134 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1234 ... LastLast