Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ‘Twas my son Marks first SEEBOLD— he bought it from BLAIR PATTERSON —- LIVED ON SOME GOD FORSAKEN COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE LAND.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53041D72-07B5-4567-9D7A-8F0E5BB09F05.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	410.4 KB 
ID:	513832
    Just received our greetings from the colonies —- eldest grand daughter LOUISE AND SPOUSE GARY.
    this was at their Christmas party at AMBERLEY CASTLE.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Never even once considered writing a chapter on “CONCEPTS”—-hardly compares to PRUETT—-GARBRECHT———Great Racing Venues ——-still feel guilty writing about ME even. Nothing worse than a “BIGHEAD”. Or someone telling you how good they are . Proof of what they’ve done and a list of credits as long as your arm are the only credentials that can be “BRAGGED ABOUT” And those that actually did are usually very reticent about their achievements. Loudmouths are usually :WANNABEES” or NEARLY MEN looking for glory.
    in all modesty i have got a lot better lately after many years of trying hard—— my family have always told me when something was SH-TE, or not quite up to muster . Plus , when there’s only you doing them —-there’s nobody to compare them with !!!!!!!!

When someone commission’s you for a concept, then it becomes about the recipient. The concept is now a reminder for the recipient owner; his racing experiences, achievements, and the acquaintances he associated with.

So, it is not all about you. Regarding the book, you might consider, how you fabricated a concept for s0 and so, and then segue into a racing story about so and so. Also, photos are very popular in social media, and that extends to having photos in your book.

It adds another dimension to your book, wherein, readers can relate more too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    When someone commission’s you for a concept, then it becomes about the recipient. The concept is now a reminder for the recipient owner; his racing experiences, achievements, and the acquaintances he associated with.

First commission i ever had was from JIM HAUSER—-

So, it is not all about you. Regarding the book, you might consider, how you fabricated a concept for s0 and so, and then segue into a racing story about so and so. Also, photos are very popular in social media, and that extends to having photos in your book.

It adds another dimension to your book, wherein, readers can relate more too.
    Second was from RICH LUHRS ——- last two were BEN ROBERTSON and ANN CURTIS !!!!
    One of the hardest was MILES JENNINGS. [ such a fussy bugger —- he stood over me for the last four hours while i polished it again and again].
    Point i am making is, there’s no hard and fast rules about a commission —- no particular class of people , but race drivers seem to be a majority .
    ALWAYS took most of my concepts to the OFF meeting for approval by the old racers. Always meant a lot to me .
    AN AWFUL lot of my concepts do not make the grade and wind up either in the bin or under the bench.
    I must confess to being a lot more capable today —- i dont make as many mistakes as previously, but i still drop a clanger now and again. BENNY ROBERTSON being my latest error !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...happy new year guys & gulls...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok — lets be honest with each other, any of you ever been conned into purchasing a SCAM item ???
    i have been enticed into parting with my hard earned gelt on four separate occasions .
    BEWARE—- ITS EASY TO GET CONNED !!!!!!!
    Only yesterday Gene LANGHAM asked if he could be my friend??????? WHAT????
    he then said HELLO, HOW ARE YOU ?????????? HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT MY GOOD FORTUNE ????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Simple Points

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Ok — lets be honest with each other, any of you ever been conned into purchasing a SCAM item ???
    i have been enticed into parting with my hard earned gelt on four separate occasions .
    BEWARE—- ITS EASY TO GET CONNED !!!!!!!
    Only yesterday Gene LANGHAM asked if he could be my friend??????? WHAT????
    he then said HELLO, HOW ARE YOU ?????????? HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT MY GOOD FORTUNE ????
    (1) If you get texts or email that looks strange (even the author listing with a first name or goofy title) DELETE it! If it's something you really need, it can be re-sent.
    Gene's email has been hacked by a virus. Run a anti-virus / malware program ASAP.
    (2) Answering the phone.......if there is a substantial pause when you pick up...............its a robocall. HANG UP!

10. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...if they don't say hello "jackie", then they don't know you. and what zebra said...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s rained almost non stop since the beginning of December—ground is just about as saturated as it can be with flooding and water damage everywhere.
    Bet you there will still be a water shortage in six months !!!!!
    Not because there is a shortage of water, but because there are so many leakages , due to poor maintenance.[profits are higher than they have ever been] I do believe in profits— i also believe in value for money !!!!
    Water rights are owned by FRANCE ????? So is the electricity supply—-and the nuclear power stations.
    What sort of an idiot would give another country the right to hold us to ransom ??? Water and power out of our own control UNFECKINBELIEVABLE .
    Finally the myth that battery power is the future has been exploded by a more severe winter than is usual . Wonder who the genius was that persuaded the world to go LITHIUM ?????????
    one thing for sure , i will not be changing my trusty Lexus hybrid petrol for an all .
    electric vehicle EVER.
    was a time when the government gave incentives and concessions to switch to diesel. That was 20 years ago. Today as from 2025 the same people have BANNED ALL DIESEL ENGINES !!!!!!! Plus diesel is the most expensive fossil fuel today.
    Again , to get all car manufacturers to go ELECTRIC there were were massive concessions and untold benefits with free charging.
    Different story today —- no concessions and its dearer to run any electric car than it is to run the trusty Lexus ???????
    If you really want a laugh—— they are trying to get rid of all cash and use credit cards only ———-HO-HO-HO- and a bottle of rum—- IT AINT NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN —— credit cards are a thief’s best friend——END OF.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A8D04657-D3BD-4571-960F-C1803064997E.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	513884

Not mine— but i reckon its right up there with the best of 2022’s laughs

I KNOW IT’S NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT— AND I DONT GIVE A FLYING , FART-BYE BYE 2022 .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy new year to all my friends and to all those who i have managed to upset over the year !!!!

Another day —another dollar. Not much changes —-but lets hope it does , for the better.
    Quick resume on the state of the colonies .
    As part of the so called “CIVILISED WORLD” i sit back and wonder how the hell we have managed to allow Russia to start a war ??? Especially since all the major [and some minor] countries have nuclear weaponry ???
    Only reason china hasn’t flexed it’s muscles yet is the threat of a trade embargo. China makes a large slice of everything the rest of the world uses. Needs all the outlets it can get. Punches far above its weight and has bought so much property in the civilised world that it can be classed as OBSCENE !!!!!
    Then there’s the Middle East !!!!! Place where most of the fossil fuels come from.
    Relatively poor place that became mega rich and developed into a major player and again bought into everything from sport to medicine and worldwide property !!!! SMART MOVE.
    Meanwhile -back at the ranch — things kinda slipped a little while we were on the phone or iPad . Governments screwed up ——under the guise of COVID, we lost the plot . I think the world was conned ??????
    Main beneficiaries were the PHARMACEUTICALS— all went from millionaires to trillionaires In three years.
    In all epidemics thousands [or millions] of people die, its a natural progression. It didnt happen with covid . Hence my view we were conned !!!!
    SO — thats just a daft old bugger airing his views , because i can.
    nice to start the new year on a happy note, as i lie here in bed, on my iPad —- wife taken the dog for walk— shower next—then breakfast—Sunday crossword—- into SUPERSHED by nine.
    As the old song goes “LIFE GETS TEDIOUS DON’T IT???? But not for me !!!!!!!

15. Likes GENE LANHAM, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started the new year with a wriggle . Almost ready for a final round of clean up.
    i do have this stupid habit of looking at things at a car boot sale thinking , if i spend a couple of hours on that i can make a handsome profit !!!!!
    All started when i reached the ridiculous conclusion that i would DOWNSIZE. You know what i mean, anything i hadn’t used for six months or a machine i no longer used i would sell.
    Soon had a healthy bank balance and didnt have to ask her who shall be obeyed for a weekly allowance any more !!!!!
    Independence is a wonderful thing, once you get a shilling or three in your pocket and a quid or six in the bank , you start to get ambitious , tools get to be more “UP-MARKET”. Far better quality —- FESTOOL instead of BLACK AND DECKER. ——- Bi-Metal blades instead of Carbon—— aircraft quality aluminium instead of any old junk.
    Hells teeth —me myself have even got a tad better at what i do . I make a better class of concept than i used to .
    i now have a waiting time for people wanting my stuff — plus i seem to be able to get a half decent price for it .
    Another side benefit is the fact that folk walk into SUPERSHED and then walk out with a concept i have had on the shelf for ages.
    All the BUGGATTI’S— the BUGGERBANGS and a few more have all gone —although i do still have CHITTY-CHITTY bang-bang , plus a few SILVER GHOSTS left.
    Down side is the fact OLD AGE is rearing its nasty little head —i don'tClick image for larger version. 

Name:	0FDE5E41-4F41-444C-BE1B-98138528ED15.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	400.5 KB 
ID:	513919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C43DEE26-B5E1-4F57-8E7D-68E7006DE2B9.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	412.0 KB 
ID:	513920 walk any more , i shuffle now. I stumble a lot , I often stop what i was in the middle of doing and think “ what the hell was i lookin for”???.
    Ans as for those feckin leprechauns —- if i ever catch up with them i will wring their scrawny little necks !!!!!!! Minute i put anything anything down , the little buggers hide it !!!!!! Its not until i yell at them to stop buggering about that the item is returned .
    One of the things that really pisses me off is my safety glasses . I have half a dozen pairs dotted about the shop but quite often i can’t even find a single pair —blasted leprechauns think its funny to hide them . I know i haven’t misplaced them —or forgotten where i put them —so it can only be the little bastards !!!!!!!!
    Been working all weekend on a box of Victorian croquet mallets — BALLS and Hoops and a medieval thatchers axe . [ well, that’s what I advertised them as !!!!!!
    Don’t do new year res any more —- never could keep up with HIGH HOPES —so it’s best simply not to bother with them.
    Time to get up off’n my backside and crack on — y’all have a nice day !!!!!

17. Likes GENE LANHAM, Amberjack1234 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well—the croquet set went out the door at a very respectable price — had a couple of £25 offers for the medieval axe — managed to ward’ em all off . Should be gone by morning .
    Also bought some well beat up Chinese figurines—— couple of hours with them and they came out looking like £60 worth.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F24E235F-525E-43D0-B9A4-8FA02939867F.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	410.9 KB 
ID:	513922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B2A4168-64C4-4E49-BC7D-16981702DA26.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	412.0 KB 
ID:	513923

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TODAYS THE DAY THE WORLD GETS BACK TO NORMAL— the ten day holiday is finally over !!!!!
    in my day—when i was a lot younger and you got paid for the days you worked ONLY, if Christmas Eve fell on a friday, we sometimes knocked off work around noon —- repaired to the pub with your mates for an hour. Then went home and put up the tree. Kids were in bed early due to the fact KRIS KRINGLE would be calling sometime during the night.
    Always had a turkey [or a capon, depending on how much we had left to spend] then went for a walk after lunch. Didn’t matter what day was BOXING DAY — we went back to work the day after[or you didnt get paid !!!]
    Have-no idea when having New Year’s Day off became fashionable. I never had the time to take that particular day off.
    times change i suppose , pregnant fathers get time off [for what].
    Thing called TRANSGENDER crept in —-girls became boys and vicky-verde —— then there’s the INBETWEENERS !!!!!!! What the hell are they anyway ??????
    As DILLON so famously said “TIMES—THEY ARE A CHANGING !!!!!!!!!!

Page 1151 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 151 651 1051 1101 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1201 ... LastLast