Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie
    i am in Singapore, just over half way to Australia or is that half way back?
    Last edited by powerabout; 10-19-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack1234 View Post
    Hell of a Plane. Yeah I knew that Preston got into racing Porsche Automobiles I think he and John Paul and John Paul Junior were Friendly competitors. Randy Lanier To was around that scene. I didn’t know you had moved to Colorado I thought you were up in North Florida. Good communicating with you.
    The unfortunate thing is John Paul Sr. cross the line to the ill-conceived. And the Law caught up to his drug trafficking and attempted murder.

A sad state of affairs. But then motor racing cost money, and faster speeds cost more money. And my assumption is, Senior wanted to stay in racing and to win, and he thought selling drugs was a lucrative route to sustain his racing ambitions.

And I suspect that didn't help (the talented) John Paul Junior racing career.

Last edited by Lake X Kid; 10-19-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...youngest to ever win sebring, john paul jr. in 1982...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afraid you don’t even have to dig deep under the surface before you find our sport had more than its fair share of drug related “INCIDENTS and INDIVIDUALS”.
    Some of the nicest, as well as some of the nastiest found themselves involved .
    But for the grace of god!!!!!!!!!!
    Anybody remember the film crew that were looking to hire race boat drivers in HAVASU 1970. ?????
    to make a film way down in Mexico . I know PRUETT —-SIROIS and Alfie Bullen signed up for it. I was going to, but wound up in a needles hospital and missed it .
    Think most of the drivers around that time were well aware of what was happening although the majority of the dark side was around the offshore scene .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hospital in needles or needles in the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Afraid you don’t even have to dig deep under the surface before you find our sport had more than its fair share of drug related “INCIDENTS and INDIVIDUALS”.
    Anybody remember the film crew that were looking to hire race boat drivers in HAVASU 1970. ?????
    to make a film way down in Mexico . I know PRUETT —-SIROIS and Alfie Bullen signed up for it. I was going to, but wound up in a needles hospital and missed it .
    Think most of the drivers around that time were well aware of what was happening although the majority of the dark side was around the offshore scene .
    There you go again Jackie confusing the English language what do you mean were you in a hospital with needles in you or were you in the hospital and beautiful Needles California In the middle of the desert. A long way from nowhere. Spent a century there one weekend delayed by the local fuzzWhile trying to deliver a wide load boat to a customer in Newport Beach California. I have decided that I was hauling a wide load on a trailer without the proper permit obviously the most life-threatening breach of the DOT laws in Beach California. I had decided that I was hauling a wide load on a trailer without the proper permit obviously the most life-threatening breach of the DOT laws in California California. Plus my old semi truck was not the prettiest beast in the world and was leaking oil a little bit from the engine and threatening to create another La Brea tar pits situation in the pristine. Plus my old semi truck was not the prettiest beast in the world and was leaking oil a little bit from the engine and threatening to create another La Brea tar pits situation in the pristine desert landscape of California. All this was before the Biden price hikes on everything so the ticket on Monday morning only cost me about fiveHundred dollars of course this was back in the late 1980s. All ended Well paid my fine and delivered to customers boat Three days lateTo the owner in Newport Beach. Beat a hasty Retreat out of the communist state of California back to the safety of Arizona. And eventually made my way back to Florida

9. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dark Side

Yeah, I remember the stories of guys showing up at the Mercury race truck with briefcases full of cash to buy stuff. Mercury put a stop to the $$$ laundering by insisting that all owners and racers had to have a qualified account with Merc HiPerf and account payments made thru banks on paper. There was an offshore racer who was busted who had several prebuilt Mercruiser engines and drives that were seized and impounded at Merc HiPerf as evidence. Never saw the guy again or any of his boats and hardware.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last I heard Randy Lanier was out And enjoying life teaching road racing down at Miami homestead raceway. He had gotten caught up in the Ben Kramer Cockadoodle and was wrongly sentenced. He was a good guy and eventually got the sentence reduction he deserved. I believe John Paul junior he is now enjoying life on the outside they used to live out in the acreage in Palm Beach County I have not heard of them lately and yes he was one of the most talented Drivers in the late 70s early 80s.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conch Republic from the continental US over immigration issues along time ago. If n

Republic
    I WISH !!!!!!!!!!!
    Nothing meaner in this world than an ex powerboat racer ——- bet you i do not sell anything at the OFF meeting. I am thinking of holding a live auction down at Key West for the concepts .
    Anyone recommend a decent auctioneer down there ????????????
    Lets face it, almost without exception, colonials have always wanted to pay the same in US dollars as i charge in sterling. Makes a change for me to be on the right side for once.
    Don’t forget Jackie once you’re in Key West really outside the jurisdictions of the United States as you have Entered the conch republic which Seceded From the continental US over immigration issues along time ago. As far as getting rid of all your hardware you should be able to get a table at the race site in the pits and just sell it. If not go to one of the shops and buy a pirate flag put a patch over one eye and threaten to take the whole island hostage if nobody buys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie —was it you that wanted one of the Davie/Garbrecht record boats ????????????
    Ate so many damn crabs —lobsters —shrimp and ****fish down there it gave me chronic gout —i still limp from the side effects even today.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw— they went and edited crapfish right out —- shame on you S and F. I was just beginning to like you .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually finished another concept —— fitted drives and props —- received a shipment of props from
    China. Cost under $5 apiece ——-they were black plastic until i gave them a liquid chrome coating !
    i just ordered another fifty so all the finished boats will have three bladed racing cleavers . Twin engined rigs will have contra rotating wheels . Four and five outboard engined rigs will have props too -suddenly I’m cooking with gas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

''The Offshore scene"?

Are you sure??------
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob Higgins Red Baron.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	511305

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    ''The Offshore scene"?

Are you sure??------

Was actually thinking of the “TOPPING” of ARONOW—-KRAMERS —MORALES- stuff i only HEARD about but knew very little of.
    I am certain you have forgotten more than i will ever know about the offshore scene.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bob Higgins Red Baron.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	511305
    Damned if i can put a name to him Gene. Sorry.

Page 1130 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 130 630 1030 1080 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1180 1230 ... LastLast