Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t go there Jackie!

Don’t go there Jackie!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Attachment 507526Attachment 507527

Now that is one hell of a sunflower—around twelve feet high with a dozen flowers in the head . Be interesting to see just how far it climbs. Resembles the fabled BEANSTALK !!!!!!!
    I don’t want to find out you’re climbing up to see where the giant is Jackie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack1234 View Post
    Don’t go there Jackie!
    I don’t want to find out you’re climbing up to see where the giant is Jackie.
    I know exactly where „“JOE THE GENTLE GIANT „“ lives. He’s been a friend of mine for years .

3. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Giants ??

I know exactly where „“JOE THE GENTLE GIANT „“ lives. He’s been a friend of mine for years .
    Jackie I know you don’t smoke the leaves but what are you putting in the tea don’t tell me you’ve gone over to them damn Scott’s and are Drinking a their Piss water. Damn I’ll probably get a letter from JB and from DewarsBoth. Stick with the real stuff Powers Irish or any other good Pete smoked tasting whiskey if you feel like beer Guinness is the only way to go. Things are real bad I can send you some Modelo or Corona or even Coors. I’m also wondering how much an airline ticket cost for your friendly giant what kind of sunroof you have in your Audi so that he can travel with you. Maybe he’s the one that made your battery fail because you’re just carrying too much weight. You may have to go to a larger vehicle. Anyway it’s time for me to take the dog out for her morning constitutional so I’ll have to end

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s not Joe the giant

Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    The Jackie Wilson in contemplation. Hey Fujimoto I don’t have any pictures of my old tunnel boots that I can lay hands on do you have any pictures of my 274 Molinari or my yellow pickle fork Al Martin boat number 109. You always seem to be Able to find stuff.
    Don’t worry Jackie you haven’t forgotten anything

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack1234 View Post
    Don’t worry Jackie you haven’t forgotten anything
    That was the golf trophy for the old farts meeting we had at ZEETLANDS STATION ??????
    Buffalo Bill BAKER got the trophy[. Not saying he actually WON IT BUT HE STILL HAS IT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then it would be a best seller and put me in line with Clancy—Baldachi —-Childs ——Janson and Patterson.
    Of course there is another thing —-used to be called the code of honour. Somethings you just do not do——end of. Nobody else in the world could get away with the EXPLOIT’S of BILLY DON PRUETT—. The minute i narate the tale —everyone knows it was Pruett.
    So i was flat on my back laid in bed in the room we shared at CAESERS PALACE in las vegas . Pruett walked in with this drop dead georgeous bird - strips her naked and jumps into bed with her and starts a bit of a shindig with shenanigans and all.
    He says „“ JACKIE you are going to have to face face the other way———Honest to murgatroyd PRUETT i just cant move a muscle — my backs killing me !!!!!!!!!
    OK so close your eyes tight shut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell can i put stuff like that in a book- its just too much and anyway —no one wuld believe it .
    I believe it because, I also seen "Billy Don Pruett" in action to a lesser degree. He took us (Wisconsin guys & me) to a place in the hills of Como lake that none us knew about. One of those places where the girls want you to buy Champagne.

But Paris was were Don knew a certain cab driver, and us guys (I recall two taxis) went to a place Don had found. It was a new experience for me. And Jackie you have heard about that episode before. Don added spice to the adventure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WEATHER HAS COOLED TO A BALMY 75/80 / thank the lord for that. Even thats hot for an English summer . Got another couple of concepts away over the weekend .
    Sold a shed load of machinery and tooling -bank balance is up somewhat, maybe just able to afford the ticket to the old farts reunion in Florida in November .
    There will be an OFF meeting this fall !!!!!!! Who’s organising it and where it is held has not been finally decided . But i promise you the old farts will not fade away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    I believe it because, I also seen "Billy Don Pruett" in action to a lesser degree. He took us (Wisconsin guys & me) to a place in the hills of Como lake that none us knew about. One of those places where the girls want you to buy Champagne.

But Paris was were Don knew a certain cab driver, and us guys (I recall two taxis) went to a place Don had found. It was a new experience for me. And Jackie you have heard about that episode before. Don added spice to the adventure.
    Oh i remember that Paris trip well. PRUETT decided it was time you were „“BLOODED“. I have to tell you he did clear it with Roy first.
    he asked the taxi driver if $100 would buy the cab for the whole day, well of course it bloody would ! Don’t remember exactly how many of us crammed in there —but it was six or seven. Don Clarke—-MERT—-Schubert—-STICKLE and a couple more i forgot who.
    We hit a couple of bars first and got you nice and merry before the fun began. I think you were either sixteen or seventeen yeas old .
    First stop was in Monmarte, window shopping — some of the ladies took a shine to you and we all trundled upstairs to watch a hot lesbian show.

Thats not as far as i remember —but its as far as i will recall right now.
    Weird how Bars—Hookers—fights and lost cash always followed PRUETT around.

12. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already done a lengthy chapter on PRUETT in my book —- i could in fact write a book about the antics of BDP.
    Paris really was the MECCA of all European boat racers in the sixties and seventies . Was also the top place for the factories to do battle. Had always been Havasu at the start of THE FACTORY WARS !!!
    as sales of outboards increased , so did the intensity and rivalry between OMC and Mercury . European races like PARIS—AMSTERDAM—MILAN ——BERLIN—BARCELONA become ever more important .
    I dont think the merger between JOHNSON and EVINRUDE helped OMC —in fact Au contraire — both were up and running strong manufacturers . They had the outboard market world -wide pretty much their own way until CK raised his ugly head .
    Racing was pretty much in the hands of Anzani—Konig —with a few minor companies competing with Hydroplane based craft in the main .
    Sh-t hit the fan when OMC went Racing with fishing engines , Mercury went fishing with race engines so to speak.
    Of course thats when the Japs poked their noses in and decided to make outboard product.
    Deals were done that even a kid in diapers would have laughed at . They outplayed the factories at every move and never even went near a race site . Game set and match.
    Fifty years on OMC have long laid tits up— and left the spoils to the Japs in the main and the dregs to Mercury.
    Mainly due to mismanagement on the pat of the yaks and smart dealing by the far easterners .
    But i digress we were talking about the blooding off a young Roy Ridgell.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billy Don.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	409.6 KB 
ID:	508031

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Billy Don 3.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	508045

17. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also heard RICH LUHRS tell a couple of tales of PRUETT‘s prowess as a bar fighter and witnessed two myself . Man was a legend in his own time . Great boat driver but a tad heavy hoofed !!!!!!!! Could fly a plane at standstill without it actually falling out of the sky —but should never have been given a pilots licence [complete disregard of aviation rules and regulations]. Lousy husband . But the best friend a man could ever have . My life was certainly a hell of a lot richer for knowing him and i am very proud of the fact he was a great friend of mine .

19. Likes RogerH, OLEGATOR, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...don passed away in febuary of 1994...time fly's...
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 07-27-2022 at 08:55 AM.

21. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
Page 1101 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 101 601 1001 1051 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1151 1201 ... LastLast