Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed being there Gene—- did try to call you, but i guess you had the phone switched off.
    DIDNT feel right somehow—— maybe March next year —- if not , November 2022.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    OK JOHNNO—- IF HE WASNT SICK —- HOW COME HE ONLY FINISHED SIX SECONDS IN FRONT OF A TWO LITRE REGGIE —— to the best of my knowledge Mercury did not have any T3’s at Windermere - Only ON two litres finished the race , I cant find a single OZ apart from the rotory .
    https://svera.se/blogg/omc-and-the-r...ndermere-1973/
    Read the write up. Merc. had MOLLINARI Herring AND Van der Velldon driving the new T-3's

5. Thanks lars strom, Bob V thanked for this post
    Likes lars strom, Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    https://svera.se/blogg/omc-and-the-r...ndermere-1973/
    Read the write up. Merc. had MOLLINARI Herring AND Van der Velldon driving the new T-3's
    I had long forgotten the presence of the T3’s —- neither gave a good account of themselves — neither did four out of the five rotaries to be fair .
    A win is a win, so you grab it with both hands , but it really didn’t have a lot to beat did it in the end ??
    Doubt very much that it was planned that way——- lead changed at least six times —— plus , the winning boat was not firing on all. ????????? PLUGS ???
    I respect the fact you are probably the worlds leading authority on the rotory in its marine form Johnno. But i have an unshakable belief that there is a fundamental flaw in the design of the Wankel.
    was always claimed that when space technology came -the rotory could call on new materials and solve the inherent problems. Just never happened though did it ?.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    I had long forgotten the presence of the T3’s —- neither gave a good account of themselves — neither did four out of the five rotaries to be fair .
    A win is a win, so you grab it with both hands , but it really didn’t have a lot to beat did it in the end ??
    Doubt very much that it was planned that way——- lead changed at least six times —— plus , the winning boat was not firing on all. ????????? PLUGS ???
    I respect the fact you are probably the worlds leading authority on the rotory in its marine form Johnno. But i have an unshakable belief that there is a fundamental flaw in the design of the Wankel.
    was always claimed that when space technology came -the rotory could call on new materials and solve the inherent problems. Just never happened though did it ?.
    Jackie they are out there. You just have to know where to look. You probably have one overhead now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    Jackie they are out there. You just have to know where to look. You probably have one overhead now.
    Don’t doubt it for a minute TT—- keep the revs down and it’ll run a long time . Just didn’t ever run for long as an OMC outboard ——— as my sainted mother used to say “ONE SWALLOW DOES NOT MAKE A SUMMER” !!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just spoke to my son Mark, he was down at Key West all last week doing his thing with High Perf Propellers and upfazed gear cases —- hot stuff like that.
    Told me over three hundred Poker run boats were down there — parked outside the conch restaurant were six boats with 26 motors on them —— looks like the monster “OUTBOARDS” are here to stay’
    Christian and Ian Toll made it down there ok.

10. Likes GENE LANHAM, Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know about “you lot”. By that i mean my friends across the pond — was not a RACIST remark in any shape or form, but i am sick up to my fetlocks by the whining and whinging of ethnic minorities about Racist remarks and how badly they are treated .
    Big row over here about Yorkshire cricketers calling them PAKIS—— excuse me , isnt your country of origin PAKISTAN ????????
    If you come from Wales you will always be TAFFY-
    If you are from Scotland you are a JOCK
    Irish have always been MICKS
    Me-im a Yorkshire man so i am a”TYKE”.
    It’s been like that for hundreds of years , nobody minds , its not derogatory— its who and what you are — what you have always been — and always. Will be .
    My sainted mother once told me — just because the rats in the hen house —it dont make it a chicken .
    BBC and ITV have started showing the Christmas programs—-all the adverts have a big majority of “ETHNIC” actors [coloured]. To be honest , they are laughable , couldn’t act their way out of a plastic bag. Black Father Christmas ??????? Black elves —- black tinker belle — all of them screaming for equality.
    We have a police themed program here called SHETLAND. It’s a few scattered islands 45 miles north of Scotland with a new black lady chief of police . She will probably turn out to be a tranny or lesbian .
    Classic remake of THE LARKINS , guess what colour the tax inspector is [bear in mind this is 1945] ?
    Plus ,half the villagers are ethnics .
    Anne Boleyn [one of Henry the Eighths wives is now black]. You cannot change history—- its happened already . Tearing down statues is vandalism—- and should be covered by law ????????
    Every time I switch on the tv —- very newsreader —- every Presenter — every advert is all about blacks .
    Time to stop the nonsense—- just get on with life —- if you think life is hard now —- it’s nothing compared to being brought up on the Yorkshire moors in the 1930’s.

12. Likes ron54, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://newatlas.com/motorcycles/dua...0w-motorcycle/
    Jackie: Check this out.
    James, have you had a hand in this? Looks like something you and your machine shop friends are part of.
    Last edited by Rotary John; 11-17-2021 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    https://newatlas.com/motorcycles/dua...0w-motorcycle/
    Jackie: Check this out.
    James, have you had a hand in this? Looks like something you and your machine shop friends are part of.
    Johnno— wow it looks good to me . Unfortunately the old adage of —- if its very rapid and unconventional —- Ban it will come about . I would say Ł85,000 is about right for a race bike these days . Been like that for all time . A “WORKS” bike would be double the price of a CLUBMAN .
    Can’t see it ever getting off the ground in the USA—— would be classed as UN-AMERICAN.
    Would be great fun to use all the knowledge you have now of rotory propulsion and build a three rotor howler —— turn up at Parker and just GO !!!!!!! Tell me and i will be there .
    Meant to tell you years ago —- i had a water cooled SCOTT SQUIRREL. [2 stroke] Rotaries sounded just like it … they were built in SHIPLEY where i was born ——TOMMY KORKISH was the test driver . My sainted mother knew him well—- long before my 27 American Uncles .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...little bit of knowledge in that grouping. nice pic...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...little bit of knowledge in that grouping. nice pic...
    Can’t help but think how that picture should be titled —— BEEN THERE —DONE THAT !!!!!!
    Legends in their own lifetime —- Captain Kirks long before he was thought up.
    That’s the beauty of the OFF meetings —- you just don't know who you’re going to bump into!!!

17. Thanks GENE LANHAM thanked for this post
    Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thursday again and the days dwindle down, to a precious few ??????? Mid November and the leaves are beginning to fall. Still haven’t had a hard frost to kick start the autumn let alone hail in the winter .
    AUTUMNAL colours are beginning to show — with a forecast of snow for next Thursday . Well you can keep the white stuff have always despised cold weather, since i was a ragged arse kid with just the same clothes i wore in summer . Ah i digress —time to rise and shine .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gene keeps raising the retirement bar higher and higher. I fear I will never catch up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2us70 View Post
    Gene keeps raising the retirement bar higher and higher. I fear I will never catch up.
    Tell me about it —- i am six months behind him —. Dont look like i am ever going to catch Gene up either .
    I retired in 1982 and started working harder than i ever did before —- with no regular income i had to do a whole lot of wheeling and a dealing which i still do to this day.

Page 1006 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 6 506 906 956 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1056 1106 ... LastLast