Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get well soon but I see it hasnt interfered with your typing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=powerabout;3190069]get well soon but I see it hasnt interfered with your typing.[/QUOTE

It has really. Pilgrim——-:I just get over it—- through it—— round it—- or under it, but I get there, eventually.
    Fifty mile an hour wind and torrential rain this morning, with more to come today and tomorrow!

Just hope some of the old farts out there strike up a conversation with me—— can’t talk about a poorly finger much longer!
    Anaesthetic wore off after sixteen hours and then the old digit really did start to throb and complain about its recent treatment—— it’s not happy, is letting me know in no uncertain terms what a Pratt I am.
    Used to think a “lie in” on a Sunday morning might be nice—— well it’s not, it’s a complete waste of valuable time.
    Havent had a bath in twenty years , no I don’t stink, I shower at least once a day, but have been advised to keep the pesky digit dry —— this means showers are out!11 a
    it’s no good, I can’t lie in bed any longer,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I’m sat here in my easy chair in front of the fire with a throbbing digit that is pissing me right off—- what to do to create a bit of controversy ?????

Tunnel boats and their builders ( as I know them)

First tunnel boat I ever saw was at the boatbuilders trial at Chasewater—— it was a Proutcraft with two 350 Mercs on its bum. Owned and raced by JOHN MERRYFIELD and his brother in law. (1963) . Ran steady as a rock but didn’t do any more than 40 mph . I could run with him in my 11’ Derry with a 450 merc. Never saw it again, but I liked what I saw.
    Just as an aside, John Merryfield never got the credit he deserved in boatracing
    The three hardest men racing at that time were Shakey Bill—- Jock Geddes and John Merryfield. Jock Geddes never raced a tunnel ?
    Next time I saw a tunnel boat was 1964 at Evian in the Twenty four hour race—- I was due to race with Shakey but due to admin errors ( long boring story) Bernard Michel wound up driving with him. ( and won the overall)
    Arthur Brown and my young brother “ Nipper Wilson” drove an identical AVON SPECIAL, and were actually the race leader when Arthur wrapped it round the huge pylon in the middle of the lake—— never raced again!
    Thats where I met the Rasini Brothers, Henri and Carlo, they were driving either a Molinari or a Torrigia——— my memory’s shot these days, but I believe it WAS a Torrigia. Renato was there, but was just a kid, not old enough to drive.
    The tunnel was allowed to run in the experimental class, not eligible for any prize!
    Shakey and Bernard won the overall——- but the tunnel was light years ahead at the finish——- unfortunately they weren’t even mentioned in dispatches!
    Later that same year a pair of tunnels turned up again at the Six Heures De Paris——- pissed all over everything until the last ten minutes when the pair of them collided.
    The following year a mate of Arthur Browns (ROY ????——TROUT —-) financed a trip to Torrigia——— I bought the actual Paris boat——— and a fourteen foot four seater tunnel, and the most beautiful fourteen foot V bottom in the world.
    All three boats looked sweeter, had a better finish, than anything that ever came out of the Riva factory.
    I raced the big Torrigia at the LMBRC venue at Iver Bucks, Comandatore at the time was Len Britnell—— he made the Remark——- Blimey Jack —— two of those and the lakes full !
    Sold the Vee bottom to Freddy Miles who took it back to Campione and won the world EU championships with it.
    Sold the little cat to Mike Rose an insurance broker in Corby——- he later bought my 17’ Schultze———- then the Little 15’ Schulze—— that was before the excrement hit the fan—— he had been dipping into his clients funds to further his ambitions.
    .will have to rise off my buttocks, I’ve got finger ache and arse ache, dont know whether I want a drink, a crap or a haircut——- im not going anywhere soon—- so as the General said “ ​I WILL RETURN”—-

5. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=jackiewilson;3190106]
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    get well soon but I see it hasnt interfered with your typing.[/QUOTE

It has really. Pilgrim——-:I just get over it—- through it—— round it—- or under it, but I get there, eventually.
    Fifty mile an hour wind and torrential rain this morning, with more to come today and tomorrow!

Just hope some of the old farts out there strike up a conversation with me—— can’t talk about a poorly finger much longer!
    Anaesthetic wore off after sixteen hours and then the old digit really did start to throb and complain about its recent treatment—— it’s not happy, is letting me know in no uncertain terms what a Pratt I am.
    Used to think a “lie in” on a Sunday morning might be nice—— well it’s not, it’s a complete waste of valuable time.
    Havent had a bath in twenty years , no I don’t stink, I shower at least once a day, but have been advised to keep the pesky digit dry —— this means showers are out!11 a
    it’s no good, I can’t lie in bed any longer,
    plastic bag over whole hand and duct taped to wrist is how you shower

7. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=powerabout;3190115]
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    plastic bag over whole hand and duct taped to wrist is how you shower
    Not what the surgeon said Pilgrim—— heat in the shower causes condensation—- no liquid whatsoever should come into contact with wounded digit—— that’s why he said “TAKE A BATH”———— ugh— only dogs, overpaid soccer players and geriatric old ladies take baths. A bath is bad for you—- rots you’re skin and softens the teeth——- or is it the other way round.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What say you about this advertisement, and your facility then?

[/QUOTE
    it’s no good, I can’t lie in bed any longer,[/QUOTE]

Hey Jackie, you still claiming and typing as "Europe's 1st Mercury Service Center"?
    I saw this in the 1973 July issue of Yachting & Boating Weekly.

Enjoy your upcoming bath, and keep the stories coming. I am glad we saw each other last November at Tavares. You brought the cold weather from England to Florida that weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackie Wilson - 1973 AD..jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	459223

10. Likes Capt.Insane-o, GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My younger sister Janet flew out to Singapore to join a P+O cruise for 21 days—— never did get to board ship— stayed there for two days before flying back to the Uk .
    George Clooney’s £12 million mansion is flooded——- it is on an island in the Thames—— and the river is at its highest level ever recorded, so he shouldn’t be that surprised the tennis courts under water.
    Ive joined Rich Luhrs offshore group——- mainlybecause there’s a lot of my friends in the club ( so to speak), wondered if I qualified—— but apparently their ok with me.
    What a disappointment for your sister Janet. bad timing on that planned trip.

How many mansions does George Clooney and his wife own, besides on Lake Como and the Thames river? Probably more than the number, I will ever spend a night sleeping in. Clooney probably has a yacht moored at his home on the Thames, so then he will be dry when he's in town.

Onshore - offshore its all good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    What a disappointment for your sister Janet. bad timing on that planned trip.

How many mansions does George Clooney and his wife own, besides on Lake Como and the Thames river? Probably more than the number, I will ever spend a night sleeping in. Clooney probably has a yacht moored at his home on the Thames, so then he will be dry when he's in town.

Onshore - offshore its all good.
    Do I detect a touch of the green eyed monster there Pilgrim——- it’s not as though Georgie Boy is even good looking——- with a drop dead gorgeous piece of crumpet for a spouse—- three multi- million pound mansions—- a billion dollar yachtie—— unlimited super cars and a taste for NESCAFÉ.
    Whats all that compared to having raced a boat and friends on Scream and Fly????

13. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I detect a touch of the green eyed monster there Pilgrim——- it’s not as though Georgie Boy is even good looking——- with a drop dead gorgeous piece of crumpet for a spouse—- three multi- million pound mansions—- a billion dollar yachtie—— unlimited super cars and a taste for NESCAFÉ.
    Whats all that compared to having raced a boat and friends on Scream and Fly????
    ...Amen Jackie. You just know he's jealous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wrong reply Jackie, that wasnt me it was Lake X's post and I dont think his wife is anything special and I dont drink Nescafe till they pay me what they pay him

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green envy of George Clooney, not in the least. My tastes are to simple, to be consumed with what is not mine, and rightfully earned by others. More power to his financial success. But in comparison to the many whom only have one house to call home, I have less sympathy for a super-rich person when one of his many habitats got flooded.

I reckon the majority of women on both side of the pond, will disagree with you, and say "Georgie Boy" is good looking. And the producers of Hollywood movies will agree with that assessment.

Toys are nice to have driven, but friends are long lasting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Ouch...take care of the finger Jackie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86E28300-5C86-47C7-B71C-91272201BCD0.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	374.7 KB 
ID:	459183
    Jackie--don't give up-----as age and ARTHRITS and accidents have their way with us--help is on the way!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gene arthritis.jpg  
    Last edited by GENE LANHAM; 02-24-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENE LANHAM View Post
    Jackie--don't give up-----as age and ARTHRITS and accidents have their way with us--help is on the way!!
    Ok Gene—— I’ll take two—— Just in case!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no condensation of you have a cold shower....

Page 770 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 270 670 720 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 820 870 ... LastLast