Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s several very knowledgeable “old farts” out there, si I’m surprised none of them came up with an answer .
    Sasquatch is a boat that has gone down in AMERICAN boating folklore ! That makes it one of a kind—— and very desirable to any collector.
    Im surprised Mike Mullins hasn’t been out and about searching for this one—— I know he has the “ “Sidewinder” moulds ——- he is familiar with the Liembske history.
    That one that’s hung up in the bar in “Kansas”???? Must be worth restoring.
    Over here in a quiet corner of a seaside town, there’s a guy named Christian Toll who is quietly restoring famous offshore boats , including DRY MARTINI——Betty Cooks KAAMA , and Doc Magoons
    Kiekhaefer 1V .
    Ive been down to see them at Christians place in Poole——— they are impressive.
    I also got an invite to visit the Cowes Torquay Cowes race in August this year——- I’m making every effort to get there.

2. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    There’s several very knowledgeable “old farts” out there, si I’m surprised none of them came up with an answer .
    Sasquatch is a boat that has gone down in AMERICAN boating folklore ! That makes it one of a kind—— and very desirable to any collector.
    Im surprised Mike Mullins hasn’t been out and about searching for this one—— I know he has the “ “Sidewinder” moulds ——- he is familiar with the Liembske history.
    That one that’s hung up in the bar in “Kansas”???? Must be worth restoring.
    Over here in a quiet corner of a seaside town, there’s a guy named Christian Toll who is quietly restoring famous offshore boats , including DRY MARTINI——Betty Cooks KAAMA , and Doc Magoons
    Kiekhaefer 1V .
    Ive been down to see them at Christians place in Poole——— they are impressive.
    I also got an invite to visit the Cowes Torquay Cowes race in August this year——- I’m making every effort to get there.

No, Dorothy, Sasquatch is not in Kansas and not in the mid west. Only Toto knows where Sasquatch is hiding...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	456581

ET 80 - Sasquatch

The ET-80 Silverwing "Sasquatch" was owned by Art Williams. In 1994 it was driven to fame by Greg Foster in the Parker Enduro 500, powered by a Paul Pfaff big block chevy. Greg took an early lead and never gave it up. It was retired to the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum in Kent Washington but later purchased by Best Wings (USA), the parent company of Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant chain. Sasquatch now resides here in Clearwater, Fl.

The late Mitch Lembke ran the Speed Marine's ET-79 "Silverwing" through the kilo at 138.

4. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    No, Dorothy, Sasquatch is not in Kansas and not in the mid west. Only Toto knows where Sasquatch is hiding...

Name:	6.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	456581

ET 80 - Sasquatch

The ET-80 Silverwing "Sasquatch" was owned by Art Williams. In 1994 it was driven to fame by Greg Foster in the Parker Enduro 500, powered by a Paul Pfaff big block chevy. Greg took an early lead and never gave it up. It was retired to the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum in Kent Washington but later purchased by Best Wings (USA), the parent company of Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant chain. Sasquatch now resides here in Clearwater, Fl.

The late Mitch Lembke ran the Speed Marine's ET-79 "Silverwing" through the kilo at 138.
    Finally, we get an answer——- I was certain somebody out there knew all about SASQUATCH,

Ok, that’s one question answered—— now for the “biggie” ?——- what happened to the Jaguar engined Seebold SASQUATCH?

I can feel it in my water—— somebody out there knows !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Pretty sure this boat was originally on the ceiling of my friend Darrell Gwynn's "Race Rock' Restaurant that closed down about 13 years ago in Orlando. Quaker Steak aquired it from there?
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 01-17-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...Pretty sure this boat was originally on the ceiling of my friend Darrell Gwynn's "Race Rock' Restaurant that closed down about 13 years ago in Orlando. Quaker Steak aquired it from there.
    Now the story I heard came from a good friend of mine Paul Goddard (who resides in Clearwater- but travels the length and breadth of the USA) .
    I understood the boat was hung upside down from the ceiling of a restaurant somewhere in the mid west ( my mistake) when it was really in his home town.
    SO—— Fuji——-the question still remains—— what happened to the original Seebold “Sasquatch” with the V12 Jaguar motor———- is it still all together in some far off field ?—— was the motor taken out——- was the wooden hull destroyed? —— I still get the feeling that some old fart out there knows something about the original Sasquatch!

Mike Mullins would pay good money for it I know!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...Pretty sure this boat was originally on the ceiling of my friend Darrell Gwynn's "Race Rock' Restaurant that closed down about 13 years ago in Orlando. Quaker Steak aquired it from there.
    Nope....not the same boat. In the spring of 2003, Best Wings purchased the hull from the Hydroplane and Race boat Museum in Kent Washington. They had a plastic engine fabricated to make it appear authentic. They transported it to the Clearwater location and as Jackie stated, they hung it upside down with many other race memorabilia and motorcycles . This was all done in advance of the Grand Opening in November 2003. It has been resting there ever since. The pictures that you posted are from the Clearwater Quaker Steak and Lube, not Race Rock. I have been in both restaurants.
    Last edited by Bob V; 01-17-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some wall hanger "stuff" from a 120 boat if anyone is interested. I can send pictures. Anybody need a cell?
    Tom Wright #050

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope....not the same boat. In the spring of 2003, Best Wings purchased the hull from the Hydroplane and Race boat Museum in Kent Washington. They had a plastic engine fabricated to make it appear authentic. They transported it to the Clearwater location and as Jackie stated, they hung it upside down with many other race memorabilia and motorcycles . This was all done in advance of the Grand Opening in November 2003. It has been resting there ever since. The pictures that you posted are not from Rack Rock, but are from the Clearwater Quaker Steak and Lube. I have been in both restaurants.
    Way to go Bobby Vee—— that’s the stuff I love to hear——- BEEN TO BOTH QUAKER-STEAK AND RACK ROCK——- so Bob, the question begs !!! Is that the second Sasquatch from the mid nineties——- that had the V 8 ——- or a fake ???
    Like the COSWORTH——- it’s got a fake motor—— !!!
    There was only ever one COSWORTH—- so you could never get it mixed up with another boat!
    Keep in mind we are still on the lookout for the original Sasquatch!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope....not the same boat. In the spring of 2003, Best Wings purchased the hull from the Hydroplane and Race boat Museum in Kent Washington. They had a plastic engine fabricated to make it appear authentic. They transported it to the Clearwater location and as Jackie stated, they hung it upside down with many other race memorabilia and motorcycles . This was all done in advance of the Grand Opening in November 2003. It has been resting there ever since. The pictures that you posted are from the Clearwater Quaker Steak and Lube, not Race Rock. I have been in both restaurants.
    ...yes bob v, you are correct on this, as I have been to both places also. multiple different tunnel boats were at race rock, not this one, after talking with Darrell. ex big block sasquatch is the real McCoy hanging in quaker steak, repainted, etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry Lempkes(and his son Mitch) who created the Silverwing tooling/molds, did they use a Seebold hull as a starting point & modify it? The reason I ask is, they also owned & raced a green and white trimmed Seebold, ET 79, powered by a Jaguar V-12 engine built by Art Mission of British Motor Service. Mercruiser Speedmaster drive of course. Tragically, both Jerry and his son Mitch were killed in a head-on highway accident on the way to a boat race event back in 1987, afterwhich all their boats were sold off by the family.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 01-17-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left my damn phone and iPad at my daughter SAMS house yesterday—- that’s why therses bee bugger all from me yesterday!

Here’s something you might enjoy—- me and friends listening to some pianocal Jazz, cruising just off Jupiter .

Sorry ‘bout that folks—— it’s a short vid of me and t’others after a few beers on a hot day off Jupiter—- far too much for S+F to accept.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	EFF5CF3E-C198-4569-9303-ACDB4704248D.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	428.4 KB 
ID:	456691

Sunset at Elmer beach tonight—— just in case you thought it was rain and crappy weather all the time in England!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	EFF5CF3E-C198-4569-9303-ACDB4704248D.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	407.1 KB 
ID:	456718
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Page 752 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 252 652 702 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 802 852 ... LastLast