Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used the old 2.0 carby f1 engine, was that everyone so no OMC?

John Hill won in Singapore 1990, last FONDA as far as I can see
    Last edited by powerabout; 06-21-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    You used the old 2.0 carby f1 engine, was that everyone so no OMC?

John Hill won in Singapore 1990, last FONDA as far as I can see
    Yes we used the three carb——— a few Americans used Alex’s six carb———- Cees ran the two litre looper OMC on a couple of occasions——— he actually won a heat in Munich, but failed to show for the next two heats. Didn’t give a flying fart what brand of engine it was as long as it was two litres!
    George Kragge brought a Koenig two litre one time——— Sergio Carniti tried their biggy two litre motor just the once——— OMC claimed they only made a few two litres, but if that’s so, I can tell you Cees had more than his fair share, he had shed load!
    Omc did not come out to play at two litres ———— they never won a Fonda race——— would have loved it if they had!
    Lassie keeps banging on about what a marvellous motor the two litre OMC looper was———-I just never saw it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, they’re going to armour the P1’s with V8’s for next season———— carnage unlimited! Good job they will be fitted with safety cells. Going to need a few more thAn the five that turned up at the last meeting!
    Take a look at Willabee’s “Hot Singles” they’re taking a look at Billy Don Pruett’life——— that’s too hot to even contemplate———- should be interesting to say the least?
    See Benny Robertson was at London to watch the London GP. Didn’t look like there were many spectators—— was told the racing was good——— lots of ex race boat drivers congregated there to have they’re piccies taken with other old ex boat racers!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch out for a big announcement from Fountain any time soon——- great things happening in their neck of the woods.
    That V Bottom will probably run at the OZARKS in the August meet.Gieco will be there too.
    Mark will have his fifty footer there——- been seven years in the making—— has all the bells and whistles and more besides——- lots of new innovations never before seen in the marine industry. Take a look at it if you get a chance, it’s well worth it.
    Got a clear day to do my thing in the shop today——— been up to my fetlocks ——- but today I’m free

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie
    I see the hospital in a competition with Harold Shipman has won the the title.https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-44547788
    The NHS, doing more for the pension pool than any other organisation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jackie
    I see the hospital in a competition with Harold Shipman has won the the title.https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-44547788
    The NHS, doing more for the pension pool than any other organisation
    Almost Pilgrim——- the knife lunatics in London are making sure folk don’t live long enough to collect a pension——— over 80 killings in the capital alone! Was a time when you wouldn’t even lock the door, let alone chain your bike to a lamp post.
    Arab habit of chopping off a thief’s hand for stealing, somehow doesn’t seem as barbaric as I once thought———- there is no record of a one handed thief, anywhere——— maybe there’s a lesson to be learned here !
    That’s one of the reasons I will never ever go into a retirement home——— put me out on the ice——- you know the score———— Somedays you eat bear———- other days. .??????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia has a problem with ICE, biggest import from China

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia has a problem with ICE, biggest import from China
    Now “ice” should not be difficult Pilgrim——- what sort of a dumb sh- t would import CO 2 from China?
    Have you seen the state of the “Yellow River” .? It’s yellow because it’s full of crap, sewage, excreta, sh- try any other name is still Sh-t.!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a full seven hours in the shop today——- barrelling along nicely with the latest”Concept”, so I decided I would paint the hardwood sponsons black———- couple of coats of primer filler——- follows by a couple of coats of Hammerite. Can ran out of puff, not to worry , I bought a case of six diamond black at the car boot a while Back!
    Job was going well,—— no runs—— almost there, gave The can a good shake and put a really heavy coat on both sponsons———- was stood back, admiring my handiwork, thinking I finally got this painting lark licked !
    Watched in horror as I managed to get the most perfect “CRINKLE FINISH” ever.
    Two hours later, I was back to square one——- bare mahogany!
    Turns out ACRYLIC and Cellulose paint are not good bedfellows.
    As Scarlet so famously said——- TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Now “ice” should not be difficult Pilgrim——- what sort of a dumb sh- t would import CO 2 from China?
    Have you seen the state of the “Yellow River” .? It’s yellow because it’s full of crap, sewage, excreta, sh- try any other name is still Sh-t.!
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/story-streams/ice-epidemic/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I thought we had a problem———— looks like what we used to call the “Civilised world” is turning to worms !
    I knew diamonds were termed ICE, but, I guess I’m just an ignorant country boy that never heard of the Aussie ICE.
    Very alarming Pilgrim———But no doubt, we’ll get afore long——— like bad news——- it travels fast.

Weekends here already, car boot this morning, then two or three hours in the shop. Have mistakes to put right, then I’m spending the afternoon with daughter Sam, down on the beach—— we got High temperatures and wall to wall sunshine for the next two weeks——- how ‘bout that———sorry about your bad luck friends——- for the rest of the month IM EATING BEAR.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice will probably be cheaper than legal cannabis.
    Global problem but so is over population

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice will probably be cheaper than legal cannabis.
    Global problem but so is over population
    Mande so Pilgrim——— Mother Nature has a habit of righting wrongs all on her own——— sometimes, if things are not going to her liking, she’ll throw in a touch of plague and pestilence——-then maybe a couple of years of drought and famine. Then she’ll simply sit back and wait for the human race to get mad at each other and start another war or three———- problem is, we moved on from the bow and arrow and past nuclear To who knows what sort of carnage?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Car boot went well though nothing worth buying or even mentioning leapt out at me.
    Did a wee forage at the scrapyard and found a few items that made me chuckle—— got a bit of an impasse on the windshield for this latest “Concept” —— needed some three inch alloy tube, which is rarer than the proverbial “Rocking Horse “ Ka-Ka. Found a length so I should be able to fabricate the screen.
    Spent a quiet afternoon at the beach house with my daughter Sam——— dinner at home and an hour of TV. Ready for some quality shoptime before heading down the road To Portsmouth for Sunday lunch with a couple of old friends.
    Next week is going to be hot and sticky——— have no engagements until Friday——- so should make big inroads in to the latest effort——— maybe even get it finished.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a hot and sticky night here in Walberton——— time to get out the lightweight summer duvet——- had all the windows in the house wide open, no breeze at all——- Murphy decided she needed attention and kept leaping from the window onto me several times in the night——- finally locked her in the spare room, after that I had sleep.
    With the world soccer competition going on in Russia, the tv cancels the regular programs and stuffs soccer at you from all channels——- be glad when it’s all over!
    Her who shall be obeyed just informed me that it’s Wimbledon after the soccer and that’s two weeks of nothing but tennis.
    F1 are still playing pat-a-cake——— my turn this week—— what a crock of crap that fiasco turned out to be———- keep Ferrari happy at all costs, cos if they pull out the whole shebang collapses like a pack of cards.
    Thought the new American owners who bought out Ecclestone might have made improvements, but no such luck—— they’re running round like headless chicken——— don’t have a clue what to do !
    Far too much money—— so little to show—- just a procession of rich kids with expensive toys parading round in the name of racing.
    Its really speeded up “Turtle Racing” ——— no overtaking—— simply tactics——- pit stops——- tyre strategy. Give the buggers two choices of tyres——- wet or dry—— send em out to race!
    Im off out to the shop for an hour or three!

Page 550 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 50 450 500 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 600 650 1050 ... LastLast