Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - The picture of Tim at Nashville didn't post, so edited the post to add the picture again - take a look - add some GOLD!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NGK-Tim.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	401325

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Jackie - The picture of Tim at Nashville didn't post, so edited the post to add the picture again - take a look - add some GOLD!

Name:	NGK-Tim.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	401325
    Paint and me do not agree Roger————- there’s over 20 coats of everything on this one——— still leaves a lot to be desired, but it’s passable. Once I start to get “Smartassed”, I wind up in Sh-t creek and that’s no place to be crack-o-sparrow on a Friday morning.
    Craig did put me on the right track over the clear EPOXY finish problem———— reckons there’s a “WEST SYSTEM” of clear resin that will suit, if I get a midget sprayer.
    Turns out the new village postman is a retired foundryman——— reckons he can make us some cleaver props in aluminium using the lost wax process———- just have to find a decent example for him to create a pattern! Might just have fallen in the whore house there my friend.
    Just heard Craig is home and dry and tucked up in Bed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sir Jackie, are you talking about a prop for the tunnel boat you put together? If so, just search out some RC boat props and you should be able to find something workable.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Sir Jackie, are you talking about a prop for the tunnel boat you put together? If so, just search out some RC boat props and you should be able to find something workable.
    yup, that’s the sort of prop I need Crisis———- 25/35mm. Or for colonials, round about the one inch mark——— can tap in 5 or six mil centres depending on model size.
    Did try to reach into the RC used prop market ——- got all excited for a while when one individual told me he had a bunch of mates who had shedloads of old unwanted RC wheels that I could have !!!!——-but like
    the road to hell, he was paved with good intentions——— it all turned to worms in the end.

Decided to get serious about this one———— dug out all the remaining plastic Peking props I had left
    (that didn't amount to a hill of beans) went through them——— a couple of “positive maybes“——might just have to bite the bullet and buy a few top quality examples .
    Its great to feel top of the heap again————-spent the whole afternoon in the shop, beavering away like a good’un. Most satisfying.
    Problem here is I get to thinking———-get ideas above my station——- have to get something cracking yesterday———- this has devastating consequences on the shop, which rapidly turns into a middin if I’m not careful.

Bugger it——- this morning I will make inroads into a new “CONCEPT “.
    Nearly finished Reggies 200 mph attempt boat ( well, my version any way ).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 42’ Foumtain has a ridiculous “canopy” that covers everything nicely and gives me ARTISTS LICENCE to get away with things true model makers never could .
    This is due for Marks desktop ——- should get it off in the next week or so !
    Dont much care for record attempts——— dangerous things at the best of times—— but you don’t just get up and walk away from a problem around the 200 mph mark——- that is “HURT” velocity !
    On paper with all the extra gee-gee’s , it looks possible, but, boat needs a tad more updating than it’s had methinks.
    If it’s bad run the press will have a field day——- long time since the last disaster in newspaper time———-its never long enough since the last one in the real world!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	05727C68-D142-431D-A74E-5806575CBE8B.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	401399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB52A53E-072C-47A8-85DE-00334D25CE15.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	405.4 KB 
ID:	401400Click image for larger version. 

Name:	81400A5D-2846-45AA-819D-CEDF5DE23BA3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	399.6 KB 
ID:	401401

My take on the 42’Fountain, ——-no way is it a model, or a copy, simply my take on a mad idea!

7. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    End of another week——- things are on the up——- more and more time in the shop——- ideas flowing like a drunk swigging wine.
    Pulled Another 8’ x 2’ x 2-1/2” plank of oak from the log pile——- cut into workable lengths—— should be some nice looking “Concepts” in old English oak coming along shortly.
    Been a long day, but not without progress, so all in all it’s not been a bad week.
    Down side is Russia playing silly bugger again———- poisoning ex spies and daughters—— injuring 24 British citizens with nerve gas and creating volatile diplomatic situations that cannot go unanswered.
    Next thing will be a boycott of the World Cup ( soccer) ——— notthat I Give a flying fart about soccer anyway.
    Timei was in the pit——- I’m turning into a pumpkin!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie: I'll take partial credit for your better mood these days. That bottle of elixir I sent you seemed to work. Now your just an old fart instead of an ornery old fart.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Jackie: I'll take partial credit for your better mood these days. That bottle of elixir I sent you seemed to work. Now your just an old fart instead of an ornery old fart.
    Guess just like a leopard can’t do a damn thing about its spots Johnno——- I’m always going to be an ornery old fart. Willa reckons it’s a “Curmudgeon”kinda thing, —— me myself always thought I was a most affable sort of chap—— but with an opinion ! Who simply asked questions.
    IMO— ( I do dislike dot-dot abbreviation intensely) it’s people who make statements that I question who seem to get most buggeringly upset when I disagree————- if they didn’t want me to question them——— they should have kept quiet in the first place——- damn fools!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malt bottle cuts a dejected figure having less than two fingers languishing in the bottom, but it brings a smile to my face remembering!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barely daylight when I left for the car boot sale this morning——— been chucking it down most of the night——- roads flooded and ditches overflowing, but there was a break in the clouds which gave me high hopes of a dry run.
    Half the usual stallholders——— lots of goodies to be had, but the sellers were a tad over optimistic for my liking, so I held back until it started raining———- then I hit ‘em hard——— no stallholders wants to take all the junk back that he brought to sell.
    Afraid I had to curb my enthusiasm—— I’d spent my monthly allowance and I still had to visit the scrapyard——- needed a cart to collect all the things I bought——— hope JUST SOME OF IT will come in useful in the near future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England’s effort at the grand slam would make a strong man weep——-shoulda sent the ladies team, couldn’t have performed any worse. No plan, no passion———- I’ve seen kids in the playground playing Pat-a-Cake put more into the game than these overpaid pansies.
    Never should have shut the shop to watch such a load of tripe.
    Maybe I’ll feel better tomorrow——— MOTHERS DAY over here tomorrow. Think I’ll lock myself in to the shop until it’s all over.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tis Mother’s Day here in the uk —— we are being taken out to lunch at the Avisford Park Hilton. Sounds posh, but they will probably have a mother’s day deal going on——— ten per cent off if you eat up and bugger off by three o’clock? Or four meals for the price two if you eat it in the kitchen !
    Even the Hilton’s not averse to doing a few “ deals” to pull the punters.
    All the super stores with tables full of tulips and daffs are having panic attacks——— first thing they do for mother’s day is inflate the price by three——— when most of them are left on the shelf, as kids will not pay the price for a bunch of flowers———- managers then have mad fits of depression ——- put twenty foot signs up ———- ALL FLOWERS FIFTY PERCENT OFF !
    Best thing to do is wait until Monday when you can get five bunches for the price of one! Rush round to mums with the arms full proclaiming “SORRY MUM, DIDNT REALIZE IT WAS MOTHERS DAY YESTERDAY————- she will still think the sun shines out of ————————-.
    Absolutely nailed the general knowledge crossword today——— not even nine o’clock and I’m off into the shop for a couple of hours!

15. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was doing fine until my granddaughter posted a picture of my eldest daughter——— one of those mother’s day things——- then, not so good.
    Sandra died of cancer 22 years ago—— husband Steve was working for Buzzi in Oggiono when we first heard the news ——- they were all excited to be living near Como, kids loving the Italian schooling and Steve working on all Buzzi’s crazy stuff.
    Sandra was the one Doc Magoon had offered a job to, working as a nurse on his team———then she
    met Steve and once again history got changed.
    It’s a funny old world——— gotta go, it’s mother’s day lunch and all that jazz.

17. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	D7A9D52A-42C1-4F13-8FA6-61A04548B488.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	401568

​A very special young lady——- My eldest daughter Sandra Wilsn !

Page 500 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 400 450 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 550 600 1000 ... LastLast