Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    You dont want to know what rich guys pay to go grand prix yacht racing.
    How do you measure “RICH” Pilgrim?
    i sure as hell wouldn’t swop my list of friends for any “RICH” Mans ——- Money Only makes you wealthy, it will never make you Rich .
    Since the days when wealthy guys didn’t know what to do with their cash “Yacht Racing” was deemed to be the fashionable thing to do—— the Rockefeller’s, Sopwiths, Lipton’s, spent obscene amounts of dosh pursuing their interests—— whatever it is, if only I could get Bill Gates interested in powerboating?

2. Likes AZMIDLYF, Mugs914 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    How do you measure “RICH” Pilgrim?
    i sure as hell wouldn’t swop my list of friends for any “RICH” Mans ——- Money Only makes you wealthy, it will never make you Rich .
    Since the days when wealthy guys didn’t know what to do with their cash “Yacht Racing” was deemed to be the fashionable thing to do—— the Rockefeller’s, Sopwiths, Lipton’s, spent obscene amounts of dosh pursuing their interests—— whatever it is, if only I could get Bill Gates interested in powerboating?
    build a boat for a million and if its not winning throw it away and build another.
    coupled with a mill a year to race it

I wonder what it costs to run an unlimited hydro?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    build a boat for a million and if its not winning throw it away and build another.
    coupled with a mill a year to race it

I wonder what it costs to run an unlimited hydro?
    Bernie L. Will tell you !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny old morning in the shop——- everything barrelling along nicely—— nearly finished the Goodwood style mount——— Seebold close to completion——— offered them together——— that is not a marriage made in heaven——— SHIZENHAUSER !
    The boat turned out so bloody good——— the mount idea is nothing short of brilliant——— put em together and voila ———- king Crapperootle. If it can be wrong it is wrong, angles wrong —— boats too upright——- covers up the mounts features——— Mount don’t show off the boat——- boat covers the mount ———— boy what a right Royal fiasco.
    Pits all in the bin now and I’m left with just the boat and the base———- basis for a beginning I suppose———- let you know close of play .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crapperootle
    Not one I've heard before...

I'll ask Bernie when i see him but i plan on that being a while yet.

There is a good event coming up near you, Charlie Whiting giving a talk at Williams F1
    Last edited by powerabout; 02-23-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick around awhile Pilgrim—- As AJ once famously said “ You ain’t heard nothin” yet , any 86 year old knows more, has forgotten more, can lie more, or invent more, remember more, done more than any mere mortal of today’s breed .
    Charlie is one of the more rational F1 personalities who hasn’t got his head te feet up his own arse like most of them.
    Dont watch the F1 antics any more, it’s as bent as an eleven sided threepenny bit and I refuse to pay Murdoch one penny of my hard earned cash, so I don’t have any sky or pay to view TV.
    May surprise you all ——— the Phoenix’s rising——- out of the ashes comes forth beauty, I must admit, I am something of a bloody genius when I’m in a tight corner!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie... Did you have much to do with Dick Scammell? He lives not a million miles from my hovel....He was Jim Clarks spannerman the year that that J.C. won at Indy....Jimmy presented R.C with a with an engraved watch after the event in grateful thanks of.....Richard kindly let my put it round my spindly wrist when he came to visit one time.......I know it was only a watch and... compared to many of the high steppers you lent on bars with.. it might be a bit of a non-event.. but to a simpleton like what I am..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little bird in the bonce kept telling me to use my own imagination, be original, god gave you you a brain and the ability to use it , so do it before it curls up and dies on you ! Stop copying.
    So, I’ve wiped the slate clean——- gone for something nobody’s ever done before——- a tunnel on a flywheel——- timing set @ 4 below TDC ————- Bet no one ever done that befotr, lateral thinking straight out of the “Thesaurus” ——
    All this man handling of the Seebold means Ive screwed the finish up of a really good paint job———- one step forward——- two back, you know the drill. Still, not going anywhere in a hurry——— it’s still on track to be the best thing I’ve ever cobbled together.
    Saw some spectacular models of offshore powerboats of yesterday that were awesome on Facebook, if I ever get to be that clever I could retire gracefully———

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron54 View Post
    Jackie... Did you have much to do with Dick Scammell? He lives not a million miles from my hovel....He was Jim Clarks spannerman the year that that J.C. won at Indy....Jimmy presented R.C with a with an engraved watch after the event in grateful thanks of.....Richard kindly let my put it round my spindly wrist when he came to visit one time.......I know it was only a watch and... compared to many of the high steppers you lent on bars with.. it might be a bit of a non-event.. but to a simpleton like what I am..........
    Dick had a great deal to do with the construction of the Boat. We always had a good relationship, he was very easy to get along with. He tried valiantly to stop the boat from submerging in Amsterdam—— trying to fix the slings on it while I was trying to keep it afloat———- he and Keith were on their way back from Kiki Rosbergs funeral (I think) and stopped by to see how we were doing, he was dressed in his Sunday suit .
    They don’t come any higher than Dick Scammel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kiki's still with us..but I know what you mean......I'm only 67...An hour ago I put my car keys someplace but where.....??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keke is alive and well.
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keke & Nico years ago...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crapperootle, what a dingleberry——— should have said RONNIE PETERSON——- knew he was a Swede and popular at Cosworth.
    As a Mark of respect Dick, Mike and Keith had attended his funeral in Sweden, then stopped off in Amsterdam to see how I was getting on.
    Was in the lead at the half way mark ——— but with a hole in the back of the boat acquired at the start.
    Despite Dicks valiant efforts I managed to get the DFV very wet, we were unable to continue.
    I apologise unreservedly for getting my original statement so badly wrong,
    apologies to the Rosberg family for any inconvenience or embarrassment this may have caused, I can only ask for your forgiveness, please put it down to the ramblings of an 86 year old.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackie - Four years ago yesterday you began turning "Tricks" on this thread and here we are four years later and you are still turning "Tricks." Keep up the great work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the car boot this morning but wished I hadn’t, had four cashmere’s and a North Face with a hood, forgot about the paws which turned into feelingless blocks of ice.
    Stallholders were miserable and unfriendly, you could have walked off with a 50” TV if you left them a fiver, wind came across the airfield like a knife through butter! Ran the last fifty stalls without hardlya glance.
    Popped into the scrap yard to be greeted with a FECKIN ‘ELL e’s not dead after all !!! ——- ok, so it’s been a while, but not that long, nice to be missed sometimes.
    Rooted out a dozen lengths of assorted sizes of solid aluminium rod 5 —— 15 mm ——- was running low and was sprottling to find anything worthwhile.

Page 491 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 391 441 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 541 591 991 ... LastLast