Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appointment at 8:30am this morning for her majesty——- therapy on the hip, X Rays to see all is ok—— then back home to the shop to finish off the pair of tunnel OZ’s !
    Was damn near dark when I left the shop last night—— did get a fair amount of “ quality” time on the concepts——- ten days from start to finish—— about 45 hrs in total.
    Result——— one sailing trophy——— One Benny Robertson canopied OZ tunnel——— one Andy Bullen open cockpit.
    Theres life in the old dog yet——- not ready for the scrap heap any time soon !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Thanks Bob—— to be honest——- the shape was determined by the off cut of mahogany and the left over stainless slivers in the scrap box !
    Still, it did do somebody a bit of good, even if it was just a sailing club.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Appointment at 8:30am this morning for her majesty——- therapy on the hip, X Rays to see all is ok—— then back home to the shop to finish off the pair of tunnel OZ’s !
    Was damn near dark when I left the shop last night—— did get a fair amount of “ quality” time on the concepts——- ten days from start to finish—— about 45 hrs in total.
    Result——— one sailing trophy——— One Benny Robertson canopied OZ tunnel——— one Andy Bullen open cockpit.
    Theres life in the old dog yet——- not ready for the scrap heap any time soon !
    Be careful not to exceed your shop hours of operation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sign (2).png 
Views:	126 
Size:	6.78 MB 
ID:	418801

4. Likes GENE LANHAM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob V View Post
    Be careful not to exceed your shop hours of operation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sign (2).png 
Views:	126 
Size:	6.78 MB 
ID:	418801
    That was on the door of Bill Mouland’s door for over 25 years ( man who taught me how to turn wood) who “copped his clogs” earlier this year. He was 94.
    Always brought a smile to my face every time I visited him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TunnelClick image for larger version. 

Name:	E66DAF19-609D-4867-8F4A-5A1712A7EFBE.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	393.8 KB 
ID:	418803

Andy Bullen’s Burgess—— With the big Rude on its tail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 934BAE8C-D5FC-48D7-AF1D-F27CC42718C6.jpg  

7. Likes AZMIDLYF, STEVERINO, Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screwed that right up didn’t I———-second one is Bennys full canopy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got this bee in my bonnet about the next “Concept” ———-I always thought Mert was a cool dude—— the American equivalent of me——- nice family—— boat racer—- but with enough savvy to keep a business going to feed his family. Head screwed on the right way——- I always thought he would never get hurt in a race boat.
    Well, Fujimo posted a bunch of pics with Mert and the weird hydro with the no flywheel single pipe, two bladed prop motor —— backed by Schunkey and Kabasta “Cubes”.
    Brought a big lumpto my throat——- Guess what’s going down next?

10. Likes GENE LANHAM, AZMIDLYF, Bob V liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I moved to France, I went to the house of Salvador Dali—— after going round the grounds and house my first impression was, he's nutty as a fruit cake ! As well as being sex mad and married to a nympho.
    Took me quite a while to realise he was just an average chap, of minimum intelligence, who thought “sideways” and managed to con the world.
    All he did was think outside the box———- impossible figures and sculptures, grotesque and not quite accurate drawings of people and places.
    He took the story of the king with no clothes to a new dimension and the world bought it ?
    He wasn’t batty at all——- just not a gifted artist —— but boy was he smart !
    Bet he never could draw a good portrait——- but he was good at caricatures—— so it didn’t matter —— close enough is good enough in horse shoes, hand grenades and art.
    They say madness and genius are very close—— really good example of this is our old friend PABLO PICCASO. You ever seen a half decent, straight, ordinary painting done by him———- I don’t think he ever did one !———— he emphasised distortion——— exaggerated mistakes, until he perfected the art of oddness and stupidity!
    Of course, I couldn’t possibly be correct——— these can only be the ramblings of a senile old git——- reason being——— ANYTHING Picasso or Dali is worth millions !

When things don’t come out quite right, exaggerate it, and I can usually get away with it!

Well, that’s me done for the day——- let’s see what tomorrow chucks up at me—-whatever it is —— I can still knock it clear out of the ground —— and smile!

12. Likes GENE LANHAM, Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you saying I need a stock on on your sculptures and they will be worth millions in a few years time? lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    are you saying I need a stock on on your sculptures and they will be worth millions in a few years time? lol
    Not at all Pilgrim——— Im trying to find an excuse to justify the imperfections and inaccuracies of the concepts.
    A long time ago, a very wise Swedish lady told me—— “Jackie— never ever sell even one of your concepts for less than two fifty————- otherwise it becomes bric a brack —— not art”.
    Frightened the crap out of me———— so I try to start at two fifty in most creditable currencies ——- that’s probably why I have trunkfuls of concepts cluttering up the place!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about the sex mad genius living in France who creates art, thats is on your cv.
    Who else had a v8 cossie in a boat that upset the establisment
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-22-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I was thinking about the sex mad genius living in France who creates art, thats is on your cv.
    Aw, c’mon now Pilgrim, I’m simply red blooded——- Niether mad nor a genius—- used to have ambition, now just trying to stay alive and keep the arthritis and TIA’s at bay.
    Never once in my life needed a CV——- just used my wits! And natural charm, together with good looks and modesty!

Did i I get a pass on that?

17. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Aw, c’mon now Pilgrim, I’m simply red blooded——- Niether mad nor a genius—- used to have ambition, now just trying to stay alive and keep the arthritis and TIA’s at bay.
    Never once in my life needed a CV——- just used my wits! And natural charm, together with good looks and modesty!

Did i I get a pass on that?
    passed on all accounts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad about that Pilgrim—— Believe it or not I do try, I have always tried!
    Always was a tad outspoken—— maybe a touch self opinionated—— if I fell out with anyone ( make that EVERYONE) it wasn’t long before we were friends again.
    I was not kidding when I said I had a trunk full of concepts waiting to be shipped——total weight is over 55 kilos and from memory I think there are some 12/15 pieces——— anybody care to put in a bid for the lot. .??
    Please don’t insult me——— I will only tell you to go “Piss up your kilt” and fall out with you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday morning and it’s chucking it down——— her majesty has taken Indy for her morning walk in the woods ( rain or shine, makes no difference—— dog needs an outing, end of.!
    Bye, Dont get your feet wet——— will probably suffer great pain for that remark sometime in the future !
    General crossy at the ready —— let the day begin—— it matters not about the weather——- Madam is going up country to have lunch with a couple of her grand daughters——— I politely declined the offer, preferring to carry on with the latest concept.
    Theres a fillet steak and some onion rings the kitchen goddess left out for my lunch—— no good without horse radish !!!

21. Likes Scream And Fly liked this post
Page 589 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 639 689 1089 ... LastLast