Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just told you what year that was Steve— WHATS the problem ???????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    I just told you what year that was Steve— WHATS the problem ???????
    EASY Jacki i just thought if Willa was still around he would like to comment there is a story behind that picture the Molinari in the picture has the picture of Pruetts boat he ran in 1971 it was a 20ft twin engine Molinari with wide twin engine transom that Willa fitted a single engine to for the Paris 6hr race the idea being it would eat the rough water up but that was the year they stopped the barges running.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    EASY Jacki i just thought if Willa was still around he would like to comment there is a story behind that picture the Molinari in the picture has the picture of Pruetts boat he ran in 1971 it was a 20ft twin engine Molinari with wide twin engine transom that Willa fitted a single engine to for the Paris 6hr race the idea being it would eat the rough water up but that was the year they stopped the barges running.
    thats not what you said ——!!!!!!!!!
    ok I heard from Bill yesterday so he is still around —yes he was crew chief at TORRIGIA. I do know some of the story on the boat in the picture. Better you ask him —-he has the hot singles thread on s+f.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont hold your breath - there are only fifty printed !!!!!!!
    Now if you had said I was invite number 51 I could of handled it, but by your tone you imply I wasn't even close to making the cut.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    Now if you had said I was invite number 51 I could of handled it, but by your tone you imply I wasn't even close to making the cut.
    Afraid its family only do—- having a friends do separately for both of them !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face picture .....

Quote Originally Posted by STEVERINO View Post
    Hi Jackie it will be interesting to see if Willabee sees this picture and has a comment to make about what year that picture was from?.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Molinari's shop 1971.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	169.7 KB 
ID:	494801

Where'd you guys think I went ?

Picture is definitely 1971 ..... the big boat was ultimately fitted with a C6, ran pretty good until a fabricated ignition coil mount failed.

Paris 6 Hour ..... Team boats
    1970 - Twister
    1971 - Twister I & two C6
    1972 - C6

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to disagree Bill—- was 1970—-thats the number 20 boat i ran with Renato in 1970
    Where do you see a C6 ?????
    All the motors look like SILO’S [TWISTERS] !!!!!!!!! FROM 1970.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paris 6hr 1971

Have to disagree Bill—- was 1970—-thats the number 20 boat i ran with Renato in 1970
    Where do you see a C6 ?????
    All the motors look like SILO’S [TWISTERS] !!!!!!!!! FROM 1970.
    Thats better back to your argumentative self i think your Piss--d that you couldn/t make it to Havasu i feel the same way i have been looking at all the pictures it looks like they all enjoyed it and had a good time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked to Billy a couple of times — he is totally useless when it comes to iPhones — did manage to talk to Brett May — Lynne — Alan Garbrecht —- Lasse !!!!!!???????? Good time had by all . Except us !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havasu came and went and i didn’t get there !!! One i really hoped to go to since it was announced .
    Organised by Tim Seebold just what the twilight years needed . ‘Twas not to be .
    to cap it all , i can travel to the USA from the 7th November —- Thanks sleepy old joe . Trouble is they cancelled Tavares —- except Odell said “screw you, im going anyway” —- do not mess with old folk -they are the worst possible nightmares when we’re pissed !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75B80638-77AF-4470-827A-219D9A59C9E3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	401.2 KB 
ID:	494890Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000C5C89-A8FC-4B1B-9207-1454BCA76B67.jpg 
Size:	400.5 KB 
ID:	494891Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E74C7304-2D2A-4131-894B-D6B625010F8A.jpg 
Size:	406.8 KB 
ID:	494892Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1ABC296-2705-40D6-9E07-1A0DA735122D.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	397.1 KB 
ID:	494893

My son in law “Little Jeff” produced these birthday invites . He is a printer by trade so the results are rather good . Kid on the right in the YELLOW PERIL skid lid is Mark, taken at IVER [lmbrc] around 1959. Just fifty were printed .
    Like i said— just immediate family are invited for this one . I may have a separate do for the rest of my friends , should they both be available .
    Regarding the TORRIGIA bottom workshop picture — i dont want to fall out with Willabee but he did call this one wrong ——- in 1971 i was running the little black sprint Molinari.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1970/1971 ....

— i dont want to fall out with Willabee but he did call this one wrong ——- in 1971 i was running the little black sprint Molinari.
    From Hot Singles posted in 2006 .....

Paris 6 Hour - 1971

The orders come down to start preparing for Paris. We are going to run six boats again, four new 17' Molinari's that are waiting to be rigged at Renato's shop along with the Molinari Bob Spalding had been running and a 20' hull that Renato had built to run with a pair of Twisters in special event races in Europe. I think the driver pairings were Renato/Hering, Downard/Pellolio, Seebold/Rasini, Stickle/Sirois, Spalding/Percival and Pruett/Petty in the big boat. The confidence level was still not that high for the C6, so the plan was to run two of them ( Renato and Pruett ) and run TI's on the others.

Paris is always a rough water race because you have 80/90 boats which include V bottoms, solid seawalls and barge traffic after the first hour of the race. With that thought in mind, it was decided to set the four TI boats up differently.....propshafts were run at levels between 1/4" to 5/8" below the sponsons to try to maintain a good bite all around the course. The thinking on the big boat was to give it the C6 and set it up as fast as that engine could push it and maybe it's size would make it competitive in that water. Of course Renato was allowed to set his up any way that he wanted to and he took the "as fast as it will go" route. When we left for Paris, the four new boats peaked out between 85 and 90 mph, the big boat might have hit 85 and Renato was flying.

Renato and Hering did all of their testing with a C6 that had been sent over for him to play with while coming up with his design for the new boats. As it got closer to race time, I suggested that we install his new C6 and make a few passes. He informed me that he was going to run the one he had been testing with. I gave him all of my reasons why that was a bad idea, he didn't want to hear it. I asked Hering to convince him otherwise, he declined. Garbrecht said that it was up to the drivers. Disgusted, I told Renato that if that powerhead failed, I was going to tell him in front of God and the whole world that he was a dumb, stubborn SOB......he responded by saying that if he wins, he was going to say the same to me.....I said "Deal".

Here's a shot of the winning Downard/Pellolio boat ( notice it's not Renato/Hering ).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post

Paris 6 Hour - 1971

The orders come down to start preparing for Paris. We are going to run six boats again, four new 17' Molinari's that are waiting to be rigged at Renato's shop along with the Molinari Bob Spalding had been running and a 20' hull that Renato had built to run with a pair of Twisters in special event races in Europe. I think the driver pairings were Renato/Hering, Downard/Pellolio, Seebold/Rasini, Stickle/Sirois, Spalding/Percival and Pruett/Petty in the big boat. The confidence level was still not that high for the C6, so the plan was to run two of them ( Renato and Pruett ) and run TI's on the others.

Paris is always a rough water race because you have 80/90 boats which include V bottoms, solid seawalls and barge traffic after the first hour of the race. With that thought in mind, it was decided to set the four TI boats up differently.....propshafts were run at levels between 1/4" to 5/8" below the sponsons to try to maintain a good bite all around the course. The thinking on the big boat was to give it the C6 and set it up as fast as that engine could push it and maybe it's size would make it competitive in that water. Of course Renato was allowed to set his up any way that he wanted to and he took the "as fast as it will go" route. When we left for Paris, the four new boats peaked out between 85 and 90 mph, the big boat might have hit 85 and Renato was flying.

Renato and Hering did all of their testing with a C6 that had been sent over for him to play with while coming up with his design for the new boats. As it got closer to race time, I suggested that we install his new C6 and make a few passes. He informed me that he was going to run the one he had been testing with. I gave him all of my reasons why that was a bad idea, he didn't want to hear it. I asked Hering to convince him otherwise, he declined. Garbrecht said that it was up to the drivers. Disgusted, I told Renato that if that powerhead failed, I was going to tell him in front of God and the whole world that he was a dumb, stubborn SOB......he responded by saying that if he wins, he was going to say the same to me.....I said "Deal".

Here's a shot of the winning Downard/Pellolio boat ( notice it's not Renato/Hering ).

here we go again— i am about to lose another friend because i wont button my lip !
    Wrong again Willa !!!!!!! Spalding never had a molinari in 1971 — he was running ABBATTE with Tom Percival.
    Was Windermere 1971 when Garbrecht and i had a big fall out — he threw his dollies out of the Pram big time .
    Shakey had just gone down to the bottom and we were running over the spot . He was a long time friend and i was not a happy bunny even running the race ——-i did enough to win the ON class without breaking sweat . Finished fifth overall with a 16 foot sprint boat in sloppy Windermere conditions —— Gary went ape -sh-t —— told me i was driving like an old lady.. Me being a gentleman tried to reason with him —- told him to stick his penis up his rectum and got fired ——- he took all my toys —the 1000 super BP and the little black Molinari.
    Told. Him i didn’t need him —or mercury—i would build my own feckin boat and engine and piss on him from a dizzy height . I was hurt badly and attack is the best form of defence !!!!!!
    Gary told me he was giving my ride to Bob—— well, Tom and Bob were were like cheese and Pickle —- they went together . PLus — Gary had the Hots for Jilly Percival — it was a done deal !!!!!

Windermere was always the last race on the calendar ———was after the 1971 Paris six hour in France . My boat went over to Oshkosh —— MERT ran it in Havasu in November — moved the batteries under the seat . I went hoping to get a ride but didn’t manage it —— fall out with GG and you were out . That’s how i know what year it was Bill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1970/1971 ....

here we go again— Wrong again Willa !!!!!!!
    Was Windermere 1971 when Garbrecht and i had a big fall out — took all my toys - the 1000 super BP and the little black Molinari.

Windermere was always the last race on the calendar ———was after the 1971 Paris six hour in France . My boat went over to Oshkosh —— MERT ran it in Havasu in November — moved the batteries under the seat . I went hoping to get a ride but didn’t manage it —— fall out with GG and you were out . That’s how i know what year it was Bill.
    Wow, none of that sounds right. 1971 sounds a little late to be running a 1000 BP. Mert's last race was Havasu 1970, finished 2nd in a twin Molinari with cowbells ..... he didn't run that little black boat anywhere. But, none of this matters because it has nothing to do with the picture.

Let's try a different approach .....
    You should recall that in 1970, the Merc Racing employee in Italy was Tom Wyrebeck. Ridgell wasn't promoted to Mgr. European Racing until after Paris or Berlin that year ..... do you agree?
    Last edited by willabee; 10-18-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willabee View Post

Paris 6 Hour - 1971

My recollection was at the beginning of the pairings. Rasini was going to be co-piloting with Pruett in the big boat. But Willabee Bill might be correct on who finally shared duties with Pruett, because I do not recall with certainty. Wasn't Cees part of the drivers fleet in 1971, if he was then him and Seebold might have started teaming up with each other in 1971.

Page 989 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 489 889 939 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1039 1089 ... LastLast