Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those poor tools have seen better days sir jackie. gearcase spanner ring tool - flywheel puller - cylinder finish hone - valve lapping tool - - merry Christmas -

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    those poor tools have seen better days sir jackie. gearcase spanner ring tool - flywheel puller - cylinder finish hone - valve lapping tool - - merry Christmas -
    Like I said Fuji—— last time I went in that particular drawer was probably 25 years ago—— last time any of the tools were used in anger was over forty years ago.
    Theres a ton of two/three and four legged pullers —— dwell cards—- valve lifters —- feeler gauges—- all obsolete kit these days.
    All you need these days to kill or cure anything is a program and a laptop!
    You ever watched Gary Stray on race day under the awning——— he’s orchestrating those telemetry computes like a conducting maestro!
    Today is just a plug in and it’s all done for you—— you only need a degree in simplicity and you can set up as a clever engineer?
    Now your filling station is being replaced by a charging post —— what’s the betting you won’t have a drive through CTC scanner to cure all your motor worries.
    No more trained engineers and technicians with a bit of common sense—— JUST GEEKS!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a real “laid back” sort of weekend—— hardly went into the shop—— a day at Goodwood—- they were having a Black Friday fire sale——- the pro golf shop had men’s trousers reduced from £150 to £5 - polo shirts from £90 to £20—- hats and caps from £50 down to £4 —- I picked out a couple of Hats and two pairs of pants——— Sam filled my bag up with shirts, sweaters, and £135 of stuff.
    Kids today have no concept of monetary values!
    Im very grateful for all the stuff Sam bought me, somehow, I can never get used to touching a device with a credit card for a mountain of goods . SOULLESS ,
    Went down to Hamble to my brother in laws 73rd birthday Friday night——- hit the hay just before 2am——- not like me at all—— ah well—- suppose it’s ok just once in a while !
    We had Lizzie stay with us from Saturday lunch time until Sunday evening—— she’s coming up 5 going on fifteen—— still loves to wrestle with me in my easy chair—- we’re teaching her to read and she’s loving it——- amazing learning capacity for one so young!
    Well it’s Monday morning and I have to get out there and earn enough to get the baby a new pair of shoes ( one of my sainted mothers favourite sayings).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know if any of you remember—— told you that four inch disc and belt sanders weren’t worth a carrot and were shagged out after two years anyway. Mainly because they were powered by sewing machine motors!
    Found a half tidy biggish motor in the scrapyard—— owner of the yard didn’t have the heart to even charge me for it—— anyway after three days —- I got me a quiet powerful disc/belt sander that should last me the rest of my life!
    Really got to grips with the Rolls Royce Radiators—— progress at last——- may indeed get them finished in time for Tavares!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have a real buffoon for a prime minister now——- he’s hoodwinked the public—- not in office because the people voted him there—— no, he’s there because his cronies voted him there !
    Two faced lying git—-he never could add up and subtract—- just plucks figures out of the blue?
    He’ll fall flat on his face quite soon——- couldn’t manage a piss up in a brewery, let alone BREXIT—— Nigel Farage will tear him to pieces!
    Now that’s off’n my chest, I feel better, how are you all out there ? Everyone enjoying their vacation? Even Pilgrim’s gone quiet!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ he's not even entered Number 10 yet and we are already kicking him in the bo**ocks. They will give him plenty of rope, lets see if he hangs himself and then pass judgement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    Christ he's not even entered Number 10 yet and we are already kicking him in the bo**ocks. They will give him plenty of rope, lets see if he hangs himself and then pass judgement.
    Sorry TT—- Boris has always been a clown and a waffling buffoon as well as a compulsive liar—- pulling figures out of the blue to suit his needs. He always wanted the PM job since he went to Eton —— and would do and say anything to get it.

Tories were given a mandate by the people “LEAVE EUROPE”—- not what I wanted — but, being a democratic nation I have to go along with it.
    Three years on and the government have still not carried out the wishes of the people.
    people did not want to know the hows or why’s or the cost —— that was the job of the government—— its what they’re paid for.
    They have failed to do this——— why ? Because they didn’t want to leave—- they think they know better than the people !
    Governments are not elected to think—— they are elected to serve the people—- to do what the people request.
    In This task they have failed miserably !
    Quickest way to bankrupt England is to leave with a no deal—— the pound will tumble to evens with the dollar and the euro and industry will grind to halt.
    so yes TT I will stand in line until it’s my turn to kick Boris in the bollocks and I’ll do it after taking a run up !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m done—- that’s it—— it’s gone the same way as F1 —— I just lose too many friends every time I voice an opinion on either of them,!
    Once Rich and Doreen Called their latest show dog “Vettel”——- that was me done, right there—— don’t care if I never see another F1 race again——— friends are too thin on the ground these days——(that’s because most of them are UNDER) —— simply can’t afford to fall out with the few I got left!

12. Likes ron54 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Well we have a real buffoon for a prime minister now——- he’s hoodwinked the public—- not in office because the people voted him there—— no, he’s there because his cronies voted him there !
    Two faced lying git—-he never could add up and subtract—- just plucks figures out of the blue?
    He’ll fall flat on his face quite soon——- couldn’t manage a piss up in a brewery, let alone BREXIT—— Nigel Farage will tear him to pieces!
    Now that’s off’n my chest, I feel better, how are you all out there ? Everyone enjoying their vacation? Even Pilgrim’s gone quiet!
    out of town for a few days...

So Boris
    a year or so ago I bet a fiver on Boris being PM and also a hard brexit as it will the last resort to leave as there cant be a deal due to the 2 Irelands
    I also said there will be a new free trade zone once these 3 are in charge, Putin, Boris Trump
    My guess is the day they exit at least Trump and Boris will announce zero tariff trade but lots of other deals being done, I think OZ and NZ have inked deals as well.
    The EU commies will try to punish the UK but the UK will start to grow and prosper as the EU continues to slowly die.

Make me wonder if Ireland will choose to leave in a few years as well?
    Last edited by powerabout; 07-24-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    out of town for a few days...

So Boris
    a year or so ago I bet a fiver on Boris being PM and also a hard brexit as it will the last resort to leave as there cant be a deal due to the 2 Irelands
    I also said there will be a new free trade zone once these 3 are in charge, Putin, Boris Trump
    My guess is the day they exit at least Trump and Boris will announce zero tariff trade but lots of other deals being done, I think OZ and NZ have inked deals as well.
    The EU commies will try to punish the UK but the UK will start to grow and prosper as the EU continues to slowly die.

Make me wonder if Ireland will choose to leave in a few years as well?
    Well, it was always a safe bet——- Boris has been hell bent on being PM all his life—- it’s his “No Deal” exit that’s the worry !
    The Irish Problem has been going on for four hundred years Pilgrim—— it has bugger all to do with the EU—— that’s just a smoke screen——and an excuse!
    Whatever happens in October——- Britain will rise from the ashes—— like she always does—— stronger and more resilient than ever.
    one thing we have always hated, is outsiders interfering with our politics, be it Trump- Putin or Junkers—- can you imagine how Americans would feel if any one of our last five prime ministers had told them how to run their own country ?
    Overriding Problem the EU has is —— if Britain leaves successfully—— that spells the end of the EU —- Greece—Italy—-Spain Portugal and a host of other countries will want out.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Irish problem is the show stopper, the EU ratified the Good Friday agreement to never allow border controls between them so what happens if one side is in the EU and the other isnt??
    Cant wait to see what will happen after a hard brexit re the EU and the Irelands?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    the Irish problem is the show stopper, the EU ratified the Good Friday agreement to never allow border controls between them so what happens if one side is in the EU and the other isnt??
    Cant wait to see what will happen after a hard brexit re the EU and the Irelands?
    Forget it Pilgrim—- there will never be a hard Brexit !
    Irelands not there for the taking—— try it and the pair of them might just get their heads together—- then again religion rears it’s ugly head—- so maybe not!

Page 693 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 193 593 643 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 743 793 1193 ... LastLast