Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it knowing that every tool is still where I put it down...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    I love it knowing that every tool is still where I put it down...
    You know what Pilgrim—- the only things I ever put straight back when I finished with them are drill bits—— they’re in a circular holder—- nailed down by the bench press, and a quick change hand chuck ! ( no chuck keys) got the same one on the lathe.
    Hammer and punches are in front —— they get returned every time—— that’s it !
    Three angle grinders —- Two sanders—- one polisher and the battery drill are on the bench permanently next to the vice and the anvil and double ended grinder.
    Really should sweep the floor more often—— but I read somewhere it’s bad for you!
    6am and were all packed and ready to board the “Fast Cat” to Cherbourg!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    You know what Pilgrim—- the only things I ever put straight back when I finished with them are drill bits—— they’re in a circular holder—- nailed down by the bench press, and a quick change hand chuck ! ( no chuck keys) got the same one on the lathe.
    Hammer and punches are in front —— they get returned every time—— that’s it !
    Three angle grinders —- Two sanders—- one polisher and the battery drill are on the bench permanently next to the vice and the anvil and double ended grinder.
    Really should sweep the floor more often—— but I read somewhere it’s bad for you!
    6am and were all packed and ready to board the “Fast Cat” to Cherbourg!
    I just tried to merge a few tool boxes and found out i need them all...or a new bigger one.
    Finally sorted out boxes of mine that were shipped up from OZ a few years ago I never touched
    Lots of tools from my apprentice days and a few from the old man that he knew I wanted after he passed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried to merge a few tool boxes and found out i need them all...or a new bigger one.
    Finally sorted out boxes of mine that were shipped up from OZ a few years ago I never touched
    Lots of tools from my apprentice days and a few from the old man that he knew I wanted after he passed.
    Same here Pilgrim—- I have cabinets full of pullers —- and tools “that will come in handy one day” —- last count I had over two thousand drill bits and forty spokeshaves——- no, I am not a hoarder just too FECKIN meant to throw anything away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather here in Concale has turned to worms——and the temperature has dropped dramatically—- be better using seaweed! With all the technology that’s about these days, you’d think they could get a two day forecast right!
    If you’re into seafood in a big way, then you should give this place a try—- not far from St.Malo—— mussels and oysters, Spider crabs and scallops ——- clams, winkles, boulets and snails—— not cheap like they were ten years ago !
    The whole place was a run down and just a scruffy fishing village with oysters their main source of income. Then they found they could have EU money—— just for the asking, so they asked, and got!
    Now the whole place has had a facelift and makeover—— gone are the shacks and sand dunes, replaced by new buildings and manicured grass——— sand dunes flattened and sandy beaches are the order of the day.
    One thing I have noticed over here——- don’t matter if it’s a Mercury—- Evinrude—— Suzuki——Tohatsu or whatever———- all outboards are BLACK ???? Was CK ever right——- even more so than Henry Ford !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the new Merc 450 comes in white

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the new Merc 450 comes in white
    Dont matter anymore Pilgrim——- no contest !
    the Donzi 44 has for our white Mec 300 racers on the back ——- in white ?
    Dont ask me——- I know nothing !

Tide here in Concale goes out some two kilometres——-thousands of oyster beds—— low tide—- all the farmers drive their brand fire new tractors and trailers——- New Holland—- Renault— Masseys——-all four wheel drive with a thousand horsepower——- justo collect FECKIN oysters? A Ford dexter could do the job easily!
    No sign of a JOHN DEERE anywhere ? Wonder why that is?
    Could it be that they get huge concessions——- and kick backs from buying European?

Dont ask me—— I know nothing !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I have noticed over here——- don’t matter if it’s a Mercury—- Evinrude—— Suzuki——Tohatsu or whatever———- all outboards are BLACK ???? Was CK ever right——- even more so than Henry Ford !
    ...Been go'n on, for a number of years now, with many of the outboard manufacturers. As they say Jack, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Their marketing team decided it would sell more units.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...Been go'n on, for a number of years now, with many of the outboard manufacturers. As they say Jack, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Their marketing team decided it would sell more units.
    Dont know what others think, but since 1960 with the introduction of the “Black Max” all Mercury motors were black——— this continued all my racing life ! Well into the 21st century.
    First time I saw anything different was at the Southampton boat show a few years back——- it was like a kick in the stomach———— what kind of a moron art designer would have the audacity to change the most successful colour ever put on any Outboard——- any time ?
    Bet you they wouldn’t risk colouring the stern drives fairy puff white !
    450 Mercury Racer in white——- your having a laugh——- or else we have a gay art director at Mercury who must be in a high place—— ??
    C’mon Mercury ———- I know this is not quite PC and we have more than two genders these days, but there are some things that can’t be changed——- or shouldn’t be—— and painting Mercury ‘s anything but black is one of them!

This is solely my opinion!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the cheap ones are black and the expensive ones can be ordered white...just sayin
    Last edited by powerabout; 06-20-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh Jackie, Light blue touch paper, stand well back.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by techteam View Post
    Ahhh Jackie, Light blue touch paper, stand well back.
    You have to admit those motors with the blue stripe down the middle look more like (designer) football jerseys ——- goes with the overpaid——- overpriced——- and limited ability of present day sportsmen—— status quo got turned on its head !
    Dont suppose I’ll ever get an invite to Fo-Du-Lac now !
    Or become AN AMBASSADOR ????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the cheap ones are black and the expensive ones can be ordered white...just sayin
    n

I might just cobble the worlds biggest SH-T STIRRING SPOON in the world —— justfor You Pilgrim!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew it’s ok, it fell on stony ground—— maybe I won’t get drummed out of the brownies after all?
    Silver Ghost’s aren’t exactly barrelling along——- when I find an “impasse” or a difficult problem —— it’s compounded because there’s three of them.
    But by the time I’ve got to number three I’ve got the problem solved!
    Longest been and gone——— now on the run down the shortest——- halfway through the year but only quarter of the way through the stuff I meant to do !
    Difference between ambition and reality I suppose!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew it’s ok, it fell on stony ground—— maybe I won’t get drummed out of the brownies after all?
    Silver Ghost’s aren’t exactly barrelling along——- when I find an “impasse” or a difficult problem —— it’s compounded because there’s three of them.
    But by the time I’ve got to number three I’ve got the problem solved!
    Longest been and gone——— now on the run down the shortest——- halfway through the year but only quarter of the way through the stuff I meant to do !
    Difference between ambition and reality I suppose!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	86A4ACE5-87D8-43BB-BF0E-AA0B3CD89122.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	421.9 KB 
ID:	442552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8DBC565C-CB66-42F9-B61B-A21FD867DB48.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	426.8 KB 
ID:	442553

Beenfarting about with this forever.... just a progress picture... another month and I will be there!

16. Likes powerabout liked this post
Page 684 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 184 584 634 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 734 784 1184 ... LastLast