Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake X Kid View Post
    The meanings of British slang words & phrases of;

As useful as a Chocolate Teapot, Peng,
    Whip, Grafting, Ick, Gaff, Safe, Spenny,
    Cream crackered, Wobbler, Apples & Pears,
    Link, Geezer, Melt, & Peak.

Cream Krackered —-apples and pairs —geezer, are all “COCKNEY” slang. [east end of London].

Amazing how the old sayings can get miss-used —mistranslated by any and everyone !!!!!!!!!
    CHOCOLATE TEAPOT WAS ALWAYS THE “CHOCOLATE FIREGUARD”
    Dont ever get into native dialects——- nobody south of the Trent would understand a true WEST YORKSHIRE dialect. My sainted mother was ace at breaking into dialect , Especially if i had broken rules [ mothers rules were not written anywhere —- just understood—-obeyed and indelibly imprinted into my mind to this day].

“WHISTA BARN”?
    MARROW TO BONNY ?
    YONS A RONGUN ?
    There you go just three everyday West Yorkshire mutterings my sainted mother used !!!!!
    signed concept for any old fart i know who can translate all three sayings correctly . [without cheating—yes using the internet is cheating.

Give you a big clue as to how to understand West Yorkshire dialect -SAY IT OUT LOUD VERY SLOWLY AND WITH INTENT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not heard these before:
    peng
    ick
    peak
    Last edited by powerabout; 07-13-2022 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    not head these before:
    peng
    ick
    peak
    All modern day slang——bit like WAG—-and pecee but i never said that.
    Cockney rhyming slang is like dialects —-very old —still used every day by lots of people that once were but are no longer. [domiciled] .
    i have heard some wonderful dialects as i travelled the USA ie: Tennessee —-Louisiana —— etc.
    Don’t mean the RAP CRAP being foisted off as “CULTURAL’
    Kenny Hudnell and Gene Tipperdoe were hard to understand until i got used to them. —until i sat down and really listened .
    Thank the lord we have different languages, all claiming to be English speaking but still mutilating the language almost beyond recognition. Any Frenchman will claim they are the founders of ENGLISH——but french comes from Latin .
    Again ask any Italian and he will tell you Latin comes from Italian
    THATS BEFORE YOU ASK A GREEK ANYTHING!!!!!
    Used to be the BBC English was as close to being perfect as English gets -but that is absolutely no longer true due to the diversity of announcers from various backgrounds and minorities to be seen as “POLITICALLY CORRECT” WHO HAVE MANAGED TO SCREW THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE RIGHT ROYALLY.
    Upper crust [ by that i mean lords-ladies—-princes and princesses—-dukes and duchesses—— Earls and countesses— old etonians and harowvians —oxbridges etc have all tried to claim to be correctly speaking English. Which is of course total bollocks .
    when a HOUSE becomes a HICE - then you know damn well that everyone from the queen down is screwing the English language.
    But the biggest misuse of the language by far is SPELLCHECK .

4. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Likes Lake X Kid, Amberjack1234 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the grand kids did good today.
    Pastrami and Stevie won the big race in Sarasota in HUSKI .
    Was 104 degreees —- no tents or awnings allowed due to the fire risk.
    Happy July the 4th to all my colonial friends — i know im an hour early but as my sainted mother used to say​ITS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy 4th July to all the old farts and all my colonial friends.
    Gary and Lou Stray headed the “HUSKI’ team and won the day coming in first overall at SARASOTA.

​Finally got my headache problems solved and had the first good nights sleep in a month.
    Never again do i want to spend another night in the A & E department of an English hospital.
    Stayed in the corridor in line with a bunch of other poorly people —- on a gurney for the first four hours [midnight until four] —— was still on the same gurney when i was discharged 11 hours later.
    Why the hell they take drunks to hospital is beyond my understanding - teenage girls having stand up fights with security guards ??????? Put ‘em in a cell until their sober .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A&E (UK) and ER (USA)

Quote Originally Posted by jackiewilson View Post
    Happy 4th July to all the old farts and all my colonial friends.
    Gary and Lou Stray headed the “HUSKI’ team and won the day coming in first overall at SARASOTA.

​Finally got my headache problems solved and had the first good nights sleep in a month.
    Never again do i want to spend another night in the A & E department of an English hospital.
    Stayed in the corridor in line with a bunch of other poorly people —- on a gurney for the first four hours [midnight until four] —— was still on the same gurney when i was discharged 11 hours later.
    Why the hell they take drunks to hospital is beyond my understanding - teenage girls having stand up fights with security guards ??????? Put ‘em in a cell until their sober .
    These places are no place to be on any day. First responders and hospital staff have nerves of steel. With Britains paying over $125 to fill their tanks, I'm surprised that Silverstone GP did not degrade into a full scale riot. Noticed that the Finnish GP was cancelled due to lack of funds. Could $$$$ been a factor for Finland to join NATO? Hmmm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...finland & sweden joining nato is typical of "it won't happen to us" mentality. being "reactive" when something happens isn't as powerful as being "proactive" regarding defense. guess ww2 wasn't a strong enough memory for them i suppose...

9. Likes WaterZebra, rckid74, Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a crock -o- crap.
    Didnt come as any surprise to me —- all that ———i feel i have to resign nonsense !!!!!!!!
    would appear all politicians throughout the world are simply blatant liars on an ego trip.
    Knives are out and all sharpened ready to strike —-talk about history repeating itself .
    We have the SENATE right here in parliament —-with our own particular CLAUDIUS —CALIGULA and the rest of the boys.

After five days of abstinence from the shop i think i might pay it a visit today. Finished the course of medication—— headache certainly much reduced but not gone totally .
    Time for a new start. First i need a clean up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still trying to figure out what our USA VP was trying to say about the 4th of July Chicago shootings? Media has nick-named her comments as "tossed salad".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beginning to think Enoch Powell had it all sussed out years ago. Never ever thought of myself as racist although i do have strong and positive views on damn near everything —-so unfortunately in this day and age that makes me a RACIST.
    no such thing as freedom of speech —— you can be jailed for thinking the wrong thing let alone actually saying it.
    Hooligans can super glue themselves to priceless paintings and not be charged ——- i can drop off friends at Heathrow airport and be fined Ł40 . There is no appeal either —-guilty as charged .
    Make no mistake about it ——- Boris gave ethnic minorities ministerial responsibilities —what do they do? Stab him in the back then put themselves up for the job.
    They never did want equality— they want absolute overall power !!!!!
    12 third rate politicians wanting to be prime minister half of them ethnic ——- there isnt one of them fit to lick Boris’s boots. Nothings changed in 2000 years—-just the weapons.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...''new world order'' phrase & meaning, when i first heard about it years & years ago...i thought it was absurdity from the fringe. am now convinced, its part of the "plan"...

14. Likes Amberjack1234 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1A565F8-148C-4A7F-9851-DCF08313BA5D.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	507155Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20479A97-8FB9-4072-AD8D-0C04C22004EB.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	398.9 KB 
ID:	507156

It’s a commission—- going to the Lowes†oft and Oulton Broad Racing club which just happens to be the oldest boat racing club in the world still in existence.
    Bob Spalding first introduced me to it in the 60’s . I would pack up the camper —hook up the boat —load up the kids and away we would go.
    Spalding and Percival—-Frankie Holmes, Peter Sabberton. Neil gregg [nelly]- Phil Stacey—Doug Wiley. Toby Sutton. And loads more who’s names i have long forgotten. Blonde haired Kid i could never remember his name John ???? [always had Bob and Toms old tunnel boats]
    All the kids would just go off together for the day—- never had a care or a worry about them — must have been over a dozen playing together . Fifty years on those same kids grew up and had kids of their own but still remain firm friends to this day.
    But thats the way it has always been in the powerboat world .
    Thing i remember most is the way we all looked out for each other —— no matter what it was . Spare parts ——can of fuel—— look after then babe—— if a boat flipped , it was all hands to the pumps—everyone mucked in. Next heat wouldnt start until we had him back in the line up. It’s just the way we were —​ MEMORIES AND THE WAY THINGS WERE ????????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE2568A2-FE7B-4C70-9AC1-420A83F403AC.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	378.6 KB 
ID:	507188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5115C9B8-77E4-4B07-BBA3-B0C2D17F8C4C.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	381.9 KB 
ID:	507189

I haven’t been totally idle through the last few weeks —— these are the last pair of concepts i FERNAGLED . One is for Jason Mantripp of the laobrc in Lowestoft —- t’other was for an old racer but i think he’s either copped his clogs or changed his mind .
    Upshot of all this —-FAST ON WATER have said they will have the finished trophy if the original guy doesn’t have it. There is a powerboat God after all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received a message from ARTHUR MOSTART which is kinda unusual . Last time i saw him was about five years ago in Tavares at the old farts meeting. He thanked me for his good luck in winning $200,000 . Asked him three questions only he would know the answer to. Sure enough he answered correctly. So i knew it was him .
    he explained that the outfit told him he had won a chunk of cash [on my recommendation] with endorsements from BENNY ROBERTSON .
    SO I TOLD HIM TO WAIT FOR THE CLINCHER ——ADMIN COSTS NEEDED TO BE PAID AND THEY WOULD NEED HIS CREDIT CARD NUMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now Arthur is not a stupid person and of course did not give out his credit card number —— so I’m giving you a heads up—- beware the scammers —its high season for them too.

Page 1097 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 97 597 997 1047 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1147 1197 ... LastLast