Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    The drilled manifolds require a much different tuning scenario, especially in the 2 liters.
    Yep

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ira Tindale View Post
    My 2.0L is running wh-20's with 52 idles and 76 high speeds. Holding 8000rpm's for long runs has not been a problem for 6 years.
    got my wh 20s cleaned and ready to install I'm gonna copy ira tindale's jetting other than not having the 52 idle jets ....I do have a bunch of 56 will it hurt to run the 56 or will I have to put a different hi jet what do yall think
    • 19 x 4' 8" custom aluminum skiff with a 1' gillbracket 6" detweiler with a 05 150 Merc saltwater
    • 1984 hydrostream vector 1985 2.0 150 merc with a few lil mods
    • 1978 hydrostream viper no power yet needs restore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basinbeast4.3 View Post
    got my wh 20s cleaned and ready to install I'm gonna copy ira tindale's jetting other than not having the 52 idle jets ....I do have a bunch of 56 will it hurt to run the 56 or will I have to put a different hi jet what do yall think
    Ive actually been thinking of going 54 cause it will load up over a very long idle. I'm talking 1/4 mile idle. I'll check if I have any 56 jets. Might work great. If I try em I'll let u know.
    2008 Mirage V-Racer 1983 2.0L Mercury 15"
    2010 Mirage V-Racer 1987 2.4 Original SST140 Powerhead
    1974 Hydrostream Viper
    1977 Hydrostream Viking

1995 Mirage River Racer " Boat On Loan" Thanks Mike Mullins 2.5 245hp 15"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed the wh 20s and just made a Lil ride lost a bit of holeshot mid range punch seems a Lil stronger I'd not the same ..Top end seems more responsive but I lost about 500 or more rpms....I didn't play long weather was rainy on and off so short window but I may try one more time and the wh29s will take back their rightful place
    • 19 x 4' 8" custom aluminum skiff with a 1' gillbracket 6" detweiler with a 05 150 Merc saltwater

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How'd the plugs look after the run?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't check them didn't have time with the rain I'm gonna try this weekend too do a few good test runs ....just kinda makes me wonder the rpm loss from the wh29 with carbs that people claim are the carbs for top end unless I may just be that rich idk?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems way rich for a 2.0. My modded bp with wh20s ran 92/94 mains and was rich at that. I have never run wh20s on a 2.0 but I would think 95 mains would be super rich. The 2.4 200s run 82/84s and seem just about perfect. Idk?! The same carbs on my 2.5 run 76 mains and 66 air jets and runs great. Better then the wmv and wmh carbs. Just my opinion.
    Stan carson.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digging up an old thread but lets see what info can come up.

Just put an SST120 powerhead, spun RH, on a 15" mid, XR6 gearcase, on a 15' Allison. My upgrade from an inline 6.

WH46 carbs, 94 mains and 48 idle. Cross drilled intake, horizontal reed, 5 pedal cages, CCMS reeds, 34cc heads because the ones I had stamped 26 are actually 21, will change down the road. 23 deg timing for breakin.

Idle, holeshot are fine. Up to about 4000rpm its not terribly responsive, past that, its like being rear ended by a bus.

Need to see how open the butterflies are at this rpm, its about 45mph a nice cruising speed. Concerned with possibly leaning out if ran for long periods of time.

Any input or advice from people with hotrod 2.0 carb engines would be appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT Teen View Post
    Digging up an old thread but lets see what info can come up.

Just put an SST120 powerhead, spun RH, on a 15" mid, XR6 gearcase, on a 15' Allison. My upgrade from an inline 6.

WH46 carbs, 94 mains and 48 idle. Cross drilled intake, horizontal reed, 5 pedal cages, CCMS reeds, 34cc heads because the ones I had stamped 26 are actually 21, will change down the road. 23 deg timing for breakin.

Idle, holeshot are fine. Up to about 4000rpm its not terribly responsive, past that, its like being rear ended by a bus.

Need to see how open the butterflies are at this rpm, its about 45mph a nice cruising speed. Concerned with possibly leaning out if ran for long periods of time.

Any input or advice from people with hotrod 2.0 carb engines would be appreciated.
    First advice: start a new thread.

Second advice: your combination is unique and you need to learn how to read plugs to jet it properly. Jay Smith and others have posted useful information on this in the past. If you’re having trouble finding it I posted a “how to search” years ago, you should be able to find that in my post history…
    Josh Peterson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2