Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's in a twin engine 24 skater, 2 pumps per side, so it's probably drawing 12-14 amps a side, between the Bosch and aeromotive pumps. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160418_181436.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	440.9 KB 
ID:	341805
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i built mine and it turns a 24 9400

4. Likes jmadisonbiii, iwantaVirage liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats not across the lake ive never ran this one with a big wheel to see whats its got

6. Likes iwantaVirage liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really love hearing how others like me have some kickass homegrown motors! its something to be proud of, especially if ya built it yourself! ive heard good things about the pro-v pistons and some others but ive been swearing by the vertex since jim ruck turned me onto them over 10yrs ago! id turn those pistons over 9k rpm for miles at a time running a 26" yamaha drag copy on my old mod-vp and never had one fail-- but i really loved the 0 to 100+mph pinned to the seat the best, esp blowing by some big heavy i/o "cigg" boat!!

the fastest motor ive had was a ported steel sleeve 2.5 200hp block, 7petal laser injection, vst and all the unneeded crap removed, with fuel pump in boat and drag port specs on cylinders, but only directed the exhaust downward and just lightly widened the groove a bit too. oh and had the gold 39psi reg with a cdi a48 ecu and about 170lbs compression on 93pump gas.. that motor would walk right by the lightly modded factory 260 nic horn motor i had with the same a48 ecu and same heads giving it just a hair over 170lbs comp..

anyways, im really loving hearing everyone's input and specs on some more custom built/modded engines!

8. Likes jmadisonbiii, texasvector liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouthJG View Post
    Mines 260 spec, my regulator is a aeromotive adjustable and it's set at 40lbs, 145lb compression, chris
    carson reeds. Motor was on my river racer and now it's on my euro. Been beating it for a while now and I'm also running pro v pistons. Spins over 8 k no issues
    what curve in brucato?? 39lb a-48??
    81' HYDROSTREAM VECTOR / slightly Modified 200
    before and after:http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...inished!/page3

10. Thanks iwantaVirage thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasvector View Post
    what curve in brucato?? 39lb a-48??
    I have a PCU now with I think the 56lb A63(could be A6Alike the newer drag boxes but think its the A63)...
    But I used the same CDI A48 ECU with my factory 260 horn motor as I did on the 260ported steel sleeve(7petal laser efi with efi pump next to gas tank with return line)same as the other motors mentioned here) and the drag ported steel sleeve as well, ran awesome on every motor I had it on!! My latest build needs some definite adjusting/fine tuning of the standard drag map so im definitely happy to have a fully adjustable Brucato PCU for this one... - a little off topic but a 2.5 Bridgeport as far as fuel needs, im thinking that the midrange will need to be richened up(ill def start rich all together of course)as I've heard these motors make Gobs of midrange torque/power so figured fuel demand would be increased around this RPM range too??

Thanks for input if anyone has an idea on this latest motor build..
    And I think the A48 is a great ECU for any if the motor builds in question as well, hope that gives some reassurance to anyone putting a 260/280/Drag ported steel sleeve together, whatever the efi type... if

12. Likes BoomerMuskoka liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Texas, just wondering what your efi setup is and what you're running for ECU and any fine tuning that's been done etc? Love to hear any details!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was asking BIGMOUTH what curve he was running his ported 260-front half 200 ...he said 40lbs psi....i wouldnt think one would want to take that much psi off a 56lb curve with the horn front...would think it would be way lean. thats why i guessed the a48

im running a laser'd 245 block....brucato box....tried several curves (tony's , a-48, a-6) the 56lb a-6 works the best....but i just found a gremlin with my fuel psi ....hopefully fixed then its time for the svs

where these guys ^^^^^^ are shovin more air in a 200 block ...im kinda backasswards....choking down a 260

weve got a ported (somewhere above 260 specs) 200 were setting up with wizards and laser front in the works.....

the a-63 is a tad leaner than the a6 i believe.....
    Last edited by texasvector; 09-11-2016 at 03:20 PM.
    81' HYDROSTREAM VECTOR / slightly Modified 200
    before and after:http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...inished!/page3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the info Texas, yeah I was hoping to hear more info/tech specs on Bigmouths motor too..
    If your thinking you're choking the 245/260 motor with the laser setup I'd really think about modding the laser-- although not that I had anything different to compare it to but I thought the laser efi performed amazingly on every motor I put one on, though it was always a 7petal intake on all the hi-po motors, may have let them turn higher rpm's over the 5petal... My plan with this custom sleeved 260 block im building is to put the laser efi on it just to get me on the water but im definitely gonna add a 1in spacer and then mill the front of the laser cover so its flat then add cut down old carb bodies just for the extra air of 6extra butterflies and use studs or longer bolts to bolt them to the laser cover-- basically T-Rex's 6pack idea but not sure if I'll be able to make that thick piece to bring the front cover forward and add/increase the air volume within the inside of the laser box... Guess ill cross that bridge when I come to it.. But I'd think just the extra butterflies from the carb bodies on the front would make a big difference letting the motors spin higher rpm's and maybe better throttle response possibly, and a LOT cheaper then any other mods or EFI setups unless ya have something else lying around anyways! I even am using a 5petal laser intake and am part way into cutting it for 7petal cages, since it seems the 7petal laser intakes are getting harder to find and ridiculous price wise too!!
    Anyways, sorry for going off topic and I hope to hear more from people running ported steel sleeve blocks, and any with a horn added or laser efi too!!
    Thank you for everyone's input so far, can't wait to hear more and hopefully specifics & tech info as well!!

Oh, and might have to change my name to "GOT MY VIRAGE!!", though if I could get my hand built Vector copy to look anywhere near as sweet as your vector Texas I think I wouldn't be able to sell it!!
    Last edited by iwantaVirage; 09-11-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Details....

16. Thanks texasvector thanked for this post
    Likes texasvector liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I love the laser setup and the challenge of making it run strong hemhawed together....I passed on a "six pack" plenum front ...once I feel comfortable with the tune I'm gonna svs it. ..then retune!

That's the limiting factor with the laser...how the air enters the motor...I've got a bunch of fuel pulled out the hi psi curve to make it run....I run bigger props and tune for 8k rpms
    Last edited by texasvector; 09-12-2016 at 05:49 AM.

18. Thanks iwantaVirage thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS20225 View Post
    Danny the 96/99 200 sleeve in an advance sleeve is the same sleeve number as the 225 pmax, the block just does not have rod slots and bottom on the exhaust cavity is not opened up so the horn may be a great deal but i bet not that much, i got a digital horn left off my 280 when it was a SVS and some other stuff so im not into building any more hot rods but who knows i have amnesia regular these days
    i had my 97 260 block apart beside an 05 200 block and i swear the 200 block looked meaner.. chest was more opened up anyway porting looked identical i couldn't find my vernier caliper i was going to measure.. when i build the 200 im going to open up the slots and chest a bit more.. probably just build it with the lazer setup as a spare for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I love the laser setup and the challenge of making it run strong hemhawed together....I passed on a "six pack" plenum front ...once I feel comfortable with the tune I'm gonna svs it. ..then retune!

That's the limiting factor with the laser...how the air enters the motor...I've got a bunch of fuel pulled out the hi psi curve to make it run....I run bigger props and tune for 8k rpms
    Yeah, those little butterflies on the backside doubt help with air flow for sure! I wish I could afford an SMS but guess ill just do it the cheap way and go with something like the 6pack on front, though I did find a thread where the guy nodded his laser and seemed to pick up some rpms, maybe acceleration too forget now cause its been a behind since I read his thread/writeup...

Keep up informed along the waves if love to hear what ya do and the differences it makes...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    few years back... one of tha more "talented" use ta be member........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Horned%20Lazer%20EFI.jpg  

22. Thanks iwantaVirage thanked for this post
    Likes iwantaVirage liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At only 8k rpm the laser should be fine, it might have more bottom with it too.

The way I look at it, and I could be wrong but the turn the air makes in a laser is to give a longer runner. In the car work thing of a long runner efi intake, say a gt-40 for example in a 5.0. This will provide good bottom with some decent high rpm but not all out high rpm. Then you have hard hitting high rpm efi motors like my last one with a sheet metal box style intake(much shorter runners) this intake would not provide the bottom like a get-40 would but mid range to max rpm it would scream.

You might find a horn intake hits softer down low and is unessesary at the max rpm you have stated.

If your boats light enough and running a small enough pitch it might not mater but something to think about.

I'd love to slap a horn on the front of mine and do some testing in 660' but in that shirt off a track I think the laser might hit harder.

Ive seen pro stock powered bass boats kill 280 powered bass boats in the short course on the river messing around but you never know if that was set-up or not.

Id love to see some real world testing. I know to win in pro stock you need to be turning high 9's and have heard of some low 10k rpm passes. So don't think at 8k the laser is the limiting factor?
    Mine turns 84-8500 all day

24. Thanks iwantaVirage thanked for this post
    Likes iwantaVirage liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast