Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I learned something new about Twister/Twister 1 mids

I got a Twister 1 mid from OleGator this weekend and when I got it home I noticed that it's not the same as the other ones I have. The ones I already had, have a larger mounting flange for the lot to bolt to the housing. The early ones with the big flange probably have about 14 bolts in this area, while the late one only has 8.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Damn son, you're up mighty late. The area I'm talking about is on the side of the mid where the exhaust log bolts on. The raised up area of the casting on all my red striped Twisters is much larger. There is a flange on the log that bolts to this area that's wider than the log itself and has 3 bolts to the front and 3 to the rear outside the width of the log itself. On the housing I got from you, it appears that all the bolts go through the log only without this additional flange. I'm assuming that the log I got with the upgrade kit is a direct bolt on to this pattern and probably wouldn't have fit the housings I already had. I'm gonna try to shoot some digitals of it all tomorrow.

I think when you let me have that housing that you probably solved a problem that I wasn't even aware that I had yet.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php