Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so I am writing myself but showing you guys some progress I have the intruder on a bobs 4 inch static setback and working on the deck tryin for first run in 3 weeks in primer, for testing...lots of work to fix up one old 16 footer...gotta' be ready for barneys KEYS RUN ------------ AGAIN this year in a month or so

The Maltese Magnum Marauder will bay run again soon why not its only 45 years old this year!!!

joel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dania vintage motorcycle 137.jpg   dania vintage motorcycle 094.jpg   dania vintage motorcycle 149.jpg   dania vintage motorcycle 095.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing piece of history, keep up the good work!
    Scippy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good

Quote Originally Posted by goodride View Post
    so I am writing myself but showing you guys some progress I have the intruder on a bobs 4 inch static setback and working on the deck tryin for first run in 3 weeks in primer, for testing...lots of work to fix up one old 16 footer...gotta' be ready for barneys KEYS RUN ------------ AGAIN this year in a month or so

The Maltese Magnum Marauder will bay run again soon why not its only 45 years old this year!!!

joel
    Joel your making progress good stuff ! Im taking a break with all the fit and Finnish done
    start gathering parts - what do you have for a gas tank - I heard they had a aluminum

I was going to sell the hull in finished mode -- and let some one else rig it but It could just be that I will do it and keep her

keep up the good work -JR

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool stuff Offshore Ginger! Thanks for sharing! Looking for one of these for my collection.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who are interested this person handles and sells a lot of reproduction parts from Cleats , steering wheels , sterring wheel medallion's , hinges , etc .... http://magnumboatsandparts.com/Parts_For_Sale.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting that, I have a 1980 Magnum 28 I'm putting together, and hope to find a Marauder to go with my smaller boat collection. Also have a Magnum 35 on my list, but need to get my dux in a row before tackling that baby!

The funny thing is that this brochure was put out by Apeco, and Aronow was on it, but he had sold out, so my guess is that he stayed on for ad/PR purposes only, maybe as a consultant. Either way, Magnums and Cary were awesome in any generation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing we must both be around the same age because in the past i have owned two sports and not to mention that Cary was being built here in West Mich ( Grand Haven ) at one time, and to tell you the truth i also would like a Marauder , put maybe changing it up and not to mention ( LOL ) the fuel capicity ( 17 Gal's ) & the gross weight dry # 725 pound's ..........
    Last edited by OFFSHORE GINGER; 02-03-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm born in 1960, so pretty old, but try and keep moving fast. You have any pix of the Sports?

My idea with the right Marauder would be to go in with new tech materials, stronger, lighter, beef it up to handle more HP and have a fun toy, but based on the design- which is beautiful, I'd say it might be "all o'er the damn place" with a V6. If I found a nice original one, I'd stick with a TOP or something period-correct.

I always thought Cary was a Miami guy. I met Aronow in passing a couple times, he was around my friends restaurant- The Forge in Miami Beach, as were the Kramers... and pretty much everyone else...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL ..............I was Born in 52 and no Cary has not always been in Miami , and not to mention that Broward Yachts at one time was also producing Boats along the shores of Lake Mich . .
    Last edited by OFFSHORE GINGER; 02-03-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I remember the Denisons of Broward, I think they were from up there. Kit Denison built one of the first big jet boats, I was on its initial sea trials. The For Your Eyes Only, it was 100' long, later stretched to I think 110', and had big MTU diesels with KaMeWa jets. We saw 44kts that day, and it probably picked up more when they stretched it. What generation was Cary building up there? I would love to find one of his 26's- like this model, really cool stuff! http://www.jecary.com/marine/scan0278.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    Thanks for sharing I own a black and white hull thats been completely refinished waiting for rigging ! appreciate the Pics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What generation was Cary building up there? I would love to find one of his 26's- like this model, really cool stuff! http://www.jecary.com/marine/scan0278.jpg
    Funny that you should ask considering the old Cary plant here in Grand Haven has been torn down to the ground with a Mall where the old plant once stood , and operations have been moved back down to FL but when they where here in Mich they were building bigger boats from the 32 to the 50 Express from the 80 's to somewhere in the 90's but i could be wrong on those years ,and yes the 26 is a really nice looker ( sharp ) boat .
    Last edited by OFFSHORE GINGER; 02-05-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smoketire , it was my pleasure , and can you maybe post up a few pics of the boat?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast