Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maltese magnum marauder rebuild on 1969

got my od marauder back been glassin old school 7 ply marine mat 1708 mat everywhere finished the transom,stringers and floor today,
    deck is next I was thinkin I could test the boat without the deck!! Also worried that the deck wont go back on after reglassing the underside.I know I have to slip the deck back on now that the hull is done to be sure they match up again.still a week or two and need to paint the deck, probably better before it gets locked down on the hull
    bought this hull in 1975 ran it until 1978 brother got it and ran it until 1983 then 30 years in the backyard..back in 1969 Aranow used woven roven, I layer thick over balsa in the deck, and the glass is as thin as a potato chip.. gonna, be workinon the deck this week get the magnum down to the boa ramp
    joel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails magnum sand 064.jpg   magnum sand 188.jpg   magnum sand 192.jpg   magnum sand 190.jpg   magnum sand 104.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool looking boat. Can't wait to see it when you are done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool indeed
    Is a bird in hand worth two in the bush?
    NRA Member
    1979 baja BR180 Merc 175
    1986 Checkmate Starflite awaiting paint

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donzi/Magnum hull is coming along nicely Joel. You might know this I'm sure, but everyone else might not...that in 1969, the only fiberglass that was available, was woven roving(24 oz.) and matt. Thats it. Every boat out there was built with it. Nice that you are able to use the old shop to get things done. Freaking amazing development going on these days downtown, huh? Will try to stop by to admire your latest toy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goodride,.....it's great you never parted ways with the Marauder, but just left in the backyard.
    I'm sure some would have loved to stumbled upon it................Great that your restoring her!
    Scippy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some photo's of 2 magnum Marine early boats that have been restored to perfection and run great...

1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dnelson964.............love the mag sedan & 27 sport...are those LI boats?
    Any idea of what power in the sedan?....also, you hardly ever see a swim
    platform back of a sport.......look's good!
    Scippy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scippy View Post
    dnelson964.............love the mag sedan & 27 sport...are those LI boats?
    Any idea of what power in the sedan?....also, you hardly ever see a swim
    platform back of a sport.......look's good!
    The sedan is powered by rebuilt and now over bored 350 chevy motors. Yes both boats are on long Island and run the Peconic area. Met the owner as he launched in Jamesport. Both owner are older gentleman that have redone the boats after many long years of same ownership.
    Last edited by dnelson964; 12-29-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: info updated
    1990 22' Activator Yami HPDI 300-sold-86.4
    1976 21' Challenger 2002 3.1 Yami 250 Vmax phase lll 89.7-sold
    1982 21' Superboat 300merc-87
    1990 22' Activator yami OX66 Vmax 250-84.2
    1982 30' Scarab-twin 200 Merc-sold
    1979 21' Challenger 300 Evenrude-sold
    1979 21' Superboat 200 Merc-sold-72

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maltese cross

scippy i see you have the maltese cross ...so did aranow i read up on the maltese its kinda special..the marauder is coming along,I hope to set the deck to the hull this week! then finish off rigging and yeahh test it!! got 60 degree 175 omc k-6 hydraulic need to be creative for 18-20 gallon fuel tank, for loonngg keys run . gotta get the maltese wet!!!!!
    joel

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

# 2 1969 Maltese Magnum Marauder under going Resto Now

Quote Originally Posted by goodride View Post
    got my od marauder back been glassin old school 7 ply marine mat 1708 mat everywhere finished the transom,stringers and floor today,
    deck is next I was thinkin I could test the boat without the deck!! Also worried that the deck wont go back on after reglassing the underside.I know I have to slip the deck back on now that the hull is done to be sure they match up again.still a week or two and need to paint the deck, probably better before it gets locked down on the hull
    bought this hull in 1975 ran it until 1978 brother got it and ran it until 1983 then 30 years in the backyard..back in 1969 Aranow used woven roven, I layer thick over balsa in the deck, and the glass is as thin as a potato chip.. gonna, be workinon the deck this week get the magnum down to the boa ramp
    joel
    I hope its cool to share I'm in the same boat with you Just finished Transom Replacement and all new floors
    marine ply - resin both sides with over 30 yards of mat and 5 gallons of resin -- I think she is better than new
    I noticed the floor stopped under the dash on yours - my floor had been replaced years back so I went all the way really didnt know

my hull is in paint today I finished the top deck - will be fitting that in the next day or so and I will paint it off the boat -- with the expectations of maybe a 2 coat when its glued and screwed -- here is a link of mine and I will update as it progresses
    http://www.palmbeachcustoms.com/proj...storation.html
    good luck - Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joel - if you could post a picture of your logos -- mine had a sticker - It looked to be original
    I have the logos and will be vectoring - and cutting some paint mask to do them in paint
    I would be more then happy to cut some for your boat Free of charge vinyl or mask

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets start right here..............MY MALTESE MAGNUM MARAUDER.................BROTHER!!!!!

YEAH ITS COOL AND BUD WE ARE CLOSE ONLY 3 -4 HOURS ON THE ROAD WE GOTTA TEAM UP AND RUN 2 OF 20 MARAUDERS!!! EVER MADE TOGETHER!!!!
    SO I'M JUST A BACKYARD GUY FOR FIBERGLASS YEAH 3/4 MARINE PLY FROM TRANSOM THRU STRINGERS AND FLOOR.........MAT STITHCMAT MAT EVERYWHERE .. HEY MAN MY DECK WAS ROUGH IT HAD BEEN GELCOATED ABOUT 1980..AND IN A LOT OF PLACES THE GELCOAT HAD SMALL CRACKS IT WAS TOO THICK, I THINK..

QUESTION FOR YOU YOU AND I HAVE THE SAME HULL , A MALTESE MAGNUM MARAUDER 16 YEAH YOU HAVE MANY TALENTS AND ABILITIES FOR RECONSTRUCTION, PAINT, AND I BELIEVE WRAPS...................
    DO YOU THINK YOU COULD MAKE A WRAP FROM THE DASHBOARD CENTER OF THE DECK TO THE SMALL CENTER OF THE DASH UP TO THE BOW EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT THE DECK .UHH ......TI**IES.....AND IF YOU COULD I WOULD WANT THE NAME MAGNUM DOWN THE OUTER GUNNELS...AND IN THE MIDDLE NON SKID AREA ON THE DECK...WHICH I HAD TO SAND OFF THE CRACKS BIG TIME.. BASICALLY NO NON SKID LEFT

OK SQUIRRLY BUT I WANT THE MALTESE CROSS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DECK THE REAL MALTESE CROSS READ UP ON THE CROSS DON ARANOW MUST HAVE LIKED IT...A LOT

SO WRITE HERE WE CAN SHARE WITH S&F GUYS OUR PAIR OF OLD MARAUDERS...
    HEY ARE YOU GOING AS STOCK AS YOU CAN LIKE WITH AN INLINE MERC???

i AM GOING LIKE RESTO ROD..MOSTLY ORIGINAL ..BUT I HAVE MY 1993 175 INTRUDER FROM MY ALLISON..I kinda THINK I WILL BE OVERPOWERED...HEY I LIKE TO BE OVERPOWERED!!! DONT YOU KNOW... HYD STEERING, 4 INCH BOBS TRANSOM SETBACK PLATES AND SOME OTHER NON ORIGINAL TRICKS.
    WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR SEATS I HAVE THE ORIGINAL MAGNUM BARRELL BUCKETS AND NEED UPHOLSTERY YOU DO STITCHIN?? IF YOU WANTED TO MOLD THE SEAT I GOT EM FOR YOU

AND NOW FOR YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE MAGNUM DECALS ON THE SIDE OF MY MARAUDER HULL ID O47 WHATS YOUR HULL ID???? AND IF THEY ONLY MADE 20 WHAT IS HULL #1
    I STUMBLED ACROSS THE MAGNUM WEBSITE AND THEY SELL THE DECALS THAT ARE ON T MY BOAT AND THEY MAKE A MAGNUM STEERING WHEEL CAP I GOTTA GET.
    LONG REPLY THIS TIME i GOT MY BOAT FROM MY BROTHER ON OHIO IN AUGUST ...DROVE HOME TO FORT LAUD HIT THE WEBSITES FOR MARAUDERS AND SAW YOUR OHIO BOAT!!!!

LETS RIDE TOGETHER SOME TIME SOOON, AND MANY QUESTIONS MARAUDER RELATED

LIKE DO YOU BELIEVE OR HAVE SEEN THE ORIGINAL RUB RAIL FOR THE MARAUDER...I SWEAR I REMEMBER A GOLD ANODIZED ?/ ALUMINUM RUB RAIL THAT REALLY SET OFF THE GOLD INTERIOR COLOR!!
    LIKE I ALWAYS SAY LETS RIDE!!!
    ANYTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU....MY MAGNUM BRO' JUST WRITE!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnum barrel bucket seats 012.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	403.7 KB 
ID:	289778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnum barrel bucket seats 010.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	391.1 KB 
ID:	289779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magnum barrel bucket seats 021.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	407.6 KB 
ID:	289780

JOEL 9547637729 JOELSOUTBOARD@MINDSPRING.COM

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back at ya Joel

Back at ya Joel
    deff can help you with graphics
    check my site I have updated pics -- shes done hull and deck

I will do my rigging before I mate the hull and deck and if necessary give the top side 1 more money coat

I have no seats so that would be beyond cool if i could copy what you have
    even the back seat frame would be cool to look at and measure

how cool would it to bring these baby's out

back at ya -- i just did my marathon during the holidays -- no im going to chill back and rig it at my own pace
    like to find a tower of power -- but when its done ill be itching to test it -- lol

[QUOTE=goodride;2578713]Lets start right here..............MY MALTESE MAGNUM MARAUDER.................BROTHER!!!!!

YEAH ITS COOL AND BUD WE ARE CLOSE ONLY 3 -4 HOURS ON THE ROAD WE GOTTA TEAM UP AND RUN 2 OF 20 MARAUDERS!!! EVER MADE TOGETHER!!!!
    SO I'M JUST A BACKYARD GUY FOR FIBERGLASS YEAH 3/4 MARINE PLY FROM TRANSOM THRU STRINGERS AND FLOOR.........MAT STITHCMAT MAT EVERYWHERE .. HEY MAN MY DECK WAS ROUGH IT HAD BEEN GELCOATED ABOUT 1980..AND IN A LOT OF PLACES THE GELCOAT HAD SMALL CRACKS IT WAS TOO THICK, I THINK..

QUESTION FOR YOU YOU AND I HAVE THE SAME HULL , A MALTESE MAGNUM MARAUDER 16 YEAH YOU HAVE MANY TALENTS AND ABILITIES FOR RECONSTRUCTION, PAINT, AND I BELIEVE WRAPS...................
    DO YOU THINK YOU COULD MAKE A WRAP FROM THE DASHBOARD CENTER OF THE DECK TO THE SMALL CENTER OF THE DASH UP TO THE BOW EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT THE DECK .UHH ......TI**IES.....AND IF YOU COULD I WOULD WANT THE NAME MAGNUM DOWN THE OUTER GUNNELS...AND IN THE MIDDLE NON SKID AREA ON THE DECK...WHICH I HAD TO SAND OFF THE CRACKS BIG TIME.. BASICALLY NO NON SKID LEFT

OK SQUIRRLY BUT I WANT THE MALTESE CROSS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DECK THE REAL MALTESE CROSS READ UP ON THE CROSS DON ARANOW MUST HAVE LIKED IT...A LOT

SO WRITE HERE WE CAN SHARE WITH S&F GUYS OUR PAIR OF OLD MARAUDERS...
    HEY ARE YOU GOING AS STOCK AS YOU CAN LIKE WITH AN INLINE MERC???

i AM GOING LIKE RESTO ROD..MOSTLY ORIGINAL ..BUT I HAVE MY 1993 175 INTRUDER FROM MY ALLISON..I kinda THINK I WILL BE OVERPOWERED...HEY I LIKE TO BE OVERPOWERED!!! DONT YOU KNOW... HYD STEERING, 4 INCH BOBS TRANSOM SETBACK PLATES AND SOME OTHER NON ORIGINAL TRICKS.
    WHAT DO YOU HAVE FOR SEATS I HAVE THE ORIGINAL MAGNUM BARRELL BUCKETS AND NEED UPHOLSTERY YOU DO STITCHIN?? IF YOU WANTED TO MOLD THE SEAT I GOT EM FOR YOU

AND NOW FOR YOUR QUESTION ABOUT THE MAGNUM DECALS ON THE SIDE OF MY MARAUDER HULL ID O47 WHATS YOUR HULL ID???? AND IF THEY ONLY MADE 20 WHAT IS HULL #1
    I STUMBLED ACROSS THE MAGNUM WEBSITE AND THEY SELL THE DECALS THAT ARE ON T MY BOAT AND THEY MAKE A MAGNUM STEERING WHEEL CAP I GOTTA GET.
    LONG REPLY THIS TIME i GOT MY BOAT FROM MY BROTHER ON OHIO IN AUGUST ...DROVE HOME TO FORT LAUD HIT THE WEBSITES FOR MARAUDERS AND SAW YOUR OHIO BOAT!!!!

LETS RIDE TOGETHER SOME TIME SOOON, AND MANY QUESTIONS MARAUDER RELATED

LIKE DO YOU BELIEVE OR HAVE SEEN THE ORIGINAL RUB RAIL FOR THE MARAUDER...I SWEAR I REMEMBER A GOLD ANODIZED ?/ ALUMINUM RUB RAIL THAT REALLY SET OFF THE GOLD INTERIOR COLOR!!
    LIKE I ALWAYS SAY LETS RIDE!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really cool that you guys are working these back into shape. I'm looking around for a Missile or a Marauder over the next few months, to go with my lil collection- 1980 Magnum 28, 1979 Allison Laguna, and 1988 Hydrostream Venus. Sooner or later want to take on a Magnum 35, but that'll be 2-3 years away. Keep up the great work! Keep the pix comin'!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok on the marauder...can you mold out the seats from one of mine?? if so I could lend you one for a week or two but I am really trying to get mine running so I want it back asap..hey were you able to save the non skid on the deck?? I had to sand the center diamond between the tippies off smooth and trying to save the gunnel non skid I have a buddy that had a nice merc 1000 for 1250$ but have not seen him for 6 months or spo I could cruise by his house and look in the garage for you if you are serious on wanting an inline 6. maybe you get e bay bite as is maybe you geter goin' I'm really trying for april river ranch run..pretty cool .2 of 20 marauders there. if we finish them .we have the boat the missles hurt people Very unfortunate I saw a nice guy father with his kids there loose his life at the florida drag races at as I remember moore haven 1994 he won that race!! and blew over at the finish line any how some pix of the build call me at the shop 9547637729nor write here... keeper for a while and runnher..
    joel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails magnum from beginning 033.jpg   magnum from beginning 039.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast