Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by south599 View Post
    ok ok im trying to keep it at 150hp per coast guard rating. i know i can beat the pants off most fishing boats with that kind of power, but i like being able to say nope its just a 150! it seems to be more damaging to an ego that way....lol

Thats where 150 stickers come in handy. Mine has a tag on there that says 105 HP. I just go with that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a 150 sticker on the back of a 96 Venom 200 before!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya but i still know and lets be honest most people think my boat already has stickers that lie just due to the fact that so many of the small bullets do have stickers that lie lol.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What people can think, and what they can prove are two different things. I was always accused of having a bored out hot rod motor especially to this ranger owner with a Fast Strike 150, because I blew by him like he was going backwards. The only non OMC part numbered part in the motor is boyesen reeds.

My dream 150 would be an original unaltered 91 Fast strike 150. If we are talking stock. If not stock, well, I'd either do a merc and drop a 225 promax powerhead on it, or a Yammie 150 and drop a 220 Excel or 225 powerhead on it. The yammie would probably be harder for your average person to detect, Merc folks are everywhere. That is what is so nice about an OMC, they don't know anything about them, and it just warps their mind when they get outrun by one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2