Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2002 STV Mod VP (FrankenSTV)

2002 STV Mod VP (Wally boat) with race cable steering and Single axle trailer. Two cowlings, one race and one with an opening to

access the second seat. It is rigged with all mercury stuff that has been adapted to the OMC I am running. It can go back to a merc

with little effort. When I rigged it I did not cut or modify any of the merc rigging.

If you want it turn key without a prop it would be SOLD

Engine is a 3.3 OMC with mad EFI, Taylor mid and 2.5 sportmaster small shaft lower with 1.62 gears.

Thanks,Tim

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmb7UqxjiNA

Album Pics link http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/th...STV%20Mod%20VP

Last edited by thunter764; 11-01-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Sold

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim, any idea what the aare boat weighs, everybody is going to want to know

Rick
    "Conklin Racing" M/E 0494
    Sponsers,Conklin Racing, Speed-N-Sport Marine

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's the boat I think it is.It hauls azz. 135 plus on pump fuel only. hf...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    medium lay up

600lb

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep thats about right Bernard. ..I think officially it is 585#..

Yes it is HF..Yes it is fast. I will just say this. It is faster than I want to go unless it is a closed course with rescue. I have too much going on to get hurt. It is an absolute animal..and I like it. Just no time to go to any event where I would feel comfortable running it hard and every time I think of going there is some distraction..wind, traffic, no one to spot for me...Time for it to go and get something I will use.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How recent are those pics you posted? The photobucket link isn't taking me to the album.
    Last edited by FasterthanU; 09-22-2013 at 09:21 PM.

"LAKE TARPON BOYS RACING"
    85 Vector-2.4 200 - SOLD
    2004 Mirage River-Racer - SOLD
    24' Liberator Twin 2.5 245's
    2002 Mirage Ski-Racer
    27' Concept CC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My business partner and I were together at Jasper and he ordered this boat new. I said at the time that I'd probably end up with it and didn't want another boat that creaked and cracked when you put weight on the deck like my red one did. I believe that Wally laid it up like he would any other lake toy since we had no intention of going drag racing with it and I don't think a hundred pounds makes any difference in one of these if you're using it for anything other than drag racing. Wally cut the transom down for a champ mid, blueprinted the bottom, and made the extra rear cowl with the Mirage hump as a copy of the one I'd already made for my red boat. I did buy it from my partner before he ever wet it the first time. With a bone stock 300 drag except for PCU in place of factory ECU, champ mid, IV Speedmaster and no setup at all, just bolted together, it ran 135 with both batteries so dead they wouldn't eve kick the starter bendix with Half Fast got back to the trailer with it. He said it was surging extremely bad on top and he thought it had 140 in it that day. We had the in dash GPS, Chris had his hand held GPS in his lap, and I was shooting it with my Stalker Radar and there were still people who didn't believe the number. I haven't seen it since it left here but it was rigged with the best of everything at the time, dual bosche pumps with 2 filters and regulators, dual full size batteries right behind the driver, automotive type fuel cell, GPS speedo in dash, which was fairly new technology back then, trim timer, 24V trim, In Control shifter and foot throttle even though it never had anything but a Speedmaster and probably a lot of other stuff I'm not remembering. It's a fabulous boat and never had the mid range hop that my others did, probably because of Wally's work on the bottom, but I think if it is weighed it won't come in particularly light. The back seat and rear cowl for it was added by someone after it left here. The one in the picture and in my signature picture below is the only one we ever had on it and there wasn't room for a back seat the way it was rigged with the fuel cell, then the 2 pumps, regulators and filters on the floor, and then the twin batteries in front of all that. If I had time, space and balls for an STV again I would hunt this one down and bring it home. Tim, I had no idea you'd had it over a year and a half. I thought you just got it from Duane this year.
    Membership upgrade options: http://www.screamandfly.com/payments.php

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How recent are those pics you posted? The photobucket link isn't taking me to the album

The pics with the Merc are when I bought it last year. The pics with the OMC (except the one where Gary is bolting it on) are a month or two ago.

I just clicked on the link and the pics worked for me..Anyone else having trouble?

Thanks,Tim

P.S..Thanks for posting the History Norris

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, this is the BEST handling and driving STV I have ever set in and we have owned 8 STV's, at least one of every model ever built, including a Rocket Drag. First time in the boat with a 280, set the trim and drives like a dream over most any kind of water. I raced APBA OPC back in the 70's and know what a great handling race boat is all about, and this one is hands down the best one, period. This includes the outrageous Red Rocket with the drag and the 2012 Rocket my son has now with the 151 motor. Sorry to see Tim let it go, but someone will get the best Mod VP around these days. Pics were shot 1 year ago when Tim got it from us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Duane for the tech info on the set up. Looks like no takers before I start vacation tomorrow.. sooo I think me and frankenstv are going to spend some time together and get the set up right. I may even call Dennis V and get him to check my set-up first. Should be fun.

And Rick you bring up a good point about knowing the weight but I have a question. I know when people ask the weight they are given out of the mold numbers. Does anyone care what it weighs rigged? I know I was a little surprised how much my last one weighed rigged. Anyway if you guys want to know (buyer or not) just say so and I will stop by the truck stop and check it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyjr View Post
    Warren and Keys Dave took this boat 128 with a bone stock 280.
    Very good running and handleing hull, got it to 128mph on the swainee with 5 mines of setup and a prop change it will go 130 with a stock 280 with the limiter removed very good handleing boat. Keys Dave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a little testing and set up while on vacation. It was blowing out the prop around 100 (think I need a blow out ring or sportmaster mod) so I scratched the top end stuff and decided to do some 800-1000 feet launches. Man this thing pulls good with that big block OMC esp considering I was pulling 1.62 gears and a 29 pitch prop! My son shot some video for me. The first passes were about 1000 feet probably rolling out around 90-95 so I did not have to deal with the blow out. Then there is a run with my son on a kneeboard just for Gary (engine guru) to show that his motor is a true lake engine and can do watersports with no problem. The second set of passes were in our short cove so I was rolling out early to be safe.

video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmb7UqxjiNA

Added some more pics also

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay Tim. Down in the Keys playing w/the Sonic.

On set up, id play w/props first.not a fan of the SRX's.
    For hole shots w/fhat motor I had a lot of fun running a 20" drag until it cracked a blade ; )
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you had big fun in the keys..I want to get down there some time..maybe the next time I go to the Miami boat show.

Yea I will try my larger diameter stuff and see what happens. Honestly I tried the 29 because of the old STV test J.T did years ago but just remembered they were not going over 103 I think. Maybe that is the problem? I still think I will install a blow out ring if I go out again. I have 3 ,would I call serious, buyers wanting it without power so we will see what happens.

Probably cracked that blade due to the torque!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold complete package
    Last edited by thunter764; 11-06-2013 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Sold

16. Likes LetsBoat liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast