User Tag List

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing a pic of a champion with twins. Uh I beleive it's prolly still on another site I used to frequent. I don't think it was the Lake X boat though. That was a wild looking boat. Lol a basser with twins
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyda View Post
    Yea I think I downloaded that one. Slung a blade and bent the propshaft a little.
    Between slinging blades and losing cell phones, Kurt was the man.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao@ lockjaw. Yeah while we talking fast bassers we should have mentioned the LCB already. There has been some pretty decent numbers put up with them. I know of 3 that will break a buck and then some.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
    Lockjaw u ain't talkin bout Kurt Lytle I think is his last name. The yellow n blue or purple Stroker with a lil ole 300 on it are u. You can watch that one do 109 n change on YouTube and then sling a blade on the next pass
    I remember Paul running a 117 and a 119 but I can't tell you for a fact which boat did what. When it comes to setting up a Bullet Paul is king. BAR none.
    Paul is one of my favorite people. He is really just good as gold, and will shoot you straight. I recommend him highly, especially for Merc work. He is very customer focused, he worked with my and my goofy schedule on my motor, actually had it done ahead of schedule and when I needed it and told him I needed it. He's not the kind of guy you hear people post bad stuff about how he screwed them over like we see here every so often. And his machinist is so knowledgeable. Paul says he can fix anything. I really wanted to do the work myself, but I had to move and just couldn't do it, so I called him, we talked, and then I dropped off my junk, and he turned it into gold. I like Sam Jenkin's too. He's a good guy, just not as close to me as Paul. I got a Spanky lower on my boat right now that has been awesome.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another boat that deserves mentioning is the Javelins. Shoot I always liked them over there sister boat the Stratos I have a buddy that has one with a 200 Venom that ain't no slouch. Lockjaw what kinda numbers u puttin up?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok ok ok i will be the first to admit mistake!!!!!!!!!!! i actually got ahold of my old friend rj, (havent had contact in 15+ years) the gambler DID NOT GO TRIPLE DIGITS i have no idea why i kept thinking that for so long. anyways, 94mph. i was wrong. maybe the stock speedo was mis reading or something, last i was in the boat was 96 or 97???? so it has been a longggg time.

7. Likes OnPad liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol!!!No fowl ZX185. It was just a tad bit hard trying to figure out what monster of a motor he had strapped to the back Hey but look a at it this way.... You spoke to a fishin buddy u ain't spoke to in a long time and that's ALWAYS great

9. Likes OnPad liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bernie View Post
    Don't remember what year, have to think '96 or '97, we did a project at Lake X with Champion. Biggest thing they had (20 or 21 foot) and slung a pair of 200's on the back - think stock Efi's. Made three of them for some Japanese customers - boats were not staying in the states. Our bogey was to get them over a buck, which we did - like 102-103 range. They were dogs to get on plane, but then they ran on up from there. Don't think I have a pix, but will try to get one from a fellow that worked on the project - pictures at Lake X of anything was big time taboo -
    They were built in '96. One 21'er had 200 pm's. One 21 had 225's. Didn't do what was expected.............21 was at tha boat show so got a real good look at. It also showed up at TB in east Tex ta show off a little. "Looked" cool but was a let down when he hammered it! Page 3 http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ass-boat/page3 There was always tha "ramp bs" of one with 260's but strangely enough it was never seen.................
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 10-25-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
    Another boat that deserves mentioning is the Javelins. Shoot I always liked them over there sister boat the Stratos I have a buddy that has one with a 200 Venom that ain't no slouch. Lockjaw what kinda numbers u puttin up?????
    I like mine. Its a 17'9'' hull it weighs 1350 pounds according to my literature. I ran 68.9 on the original motor after I put the fast strike carbs on it, and the baker hot heads. That is with this one off Merc 4 blade prop I have. It's always been a fast prop. Now I have a 91 powerhead, same basic set-up, only other mod over the previous motor is I had Monty do the tuner mod. I am running a magnum lower unit now also, and it ran 68.5 this spring with a 24p raker 2. It runs 65 with a 22p raker 2. I haven't tried the funky merc prop with the mag lower. It would run close to 68 on old powerhead with a 24p Fury, which is probably one of the best props out there for a bass boat and tourney fishing. One of these days I am going to pull everything out of it, take off the troller, just have one battery and see what it will do. I think it will easily do 70, maybe more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm lie you bud. I am sure empty you could hit 70 and prolly get REALLLL close to 75. I dumped everything outta my Tidecraft ( the one with the same basic bottom as the hydrstream) and I run my best number ever. On GPS I got 54.3 with a slightly modded 90 and Raker prop. Shoot u drop 150lbs of batteries 50 lb troller and if your like me AT LEAST 200 lbs of tackle makes a HUGE difference

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am actually wired in the back where I can run just 2 batteries if I want. I pulled one of them out once, and it didn't make a whole lot of difference. I think pulling the troller off would help a lot though. Lots of wind resistance. I'd really like to put hydraulic steering on there and set the motor back a little more and see what happens. I am 8.5 inches back now, and its definitely faster than it was at 6. Racer told me the magnum lower unit takes a little more power to turn, so I figure I am doing pretty good. It's going to take something pretty dang stout to pass with a 150. Obviously one of those 17 foot bullets would, probably the laser basser, and an Allison. But I think for a cookie cutter production bassboat, mine runs pretty good. Maybe one day I'll stick a modded 150 yammie or send an Eagle off for some port work. I don't really take the boat out so much like I used to. Maybe I'll put some of that speedcoat stuff on there like Randy Howell puts on his boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all have prolly figured out by now I like the smaller bassers. Don't get me wrong if the money was right I'd have a 20XD with at least a 225PM on it. I am chomping at the bit to get my Laser basser complete and splash it again. Originally came with a 115 L6 and was soaked. Yanked it apart and with some modifications going to be lighter but stronger and going with a 2.4 or 2.5 ,15" mid on a 4" plate. Should be able to put most cookie cutters on the trailer with there tails tucked. Reason I like the shorter boats is where I fish....))at the very least you could have an 18'r and still get where I go

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my skeeter is an 18.5 that run out to 67.5 with just me,light fishing load,and 13gal of gas.i have recently purchased a fresh 235 rude' with a little light porting on the intake side and 76' 644 heads.hoping to get 75-77mph with a 10' jack plate and hyd.steering added.the mid and all the fairings are on there way to paint now,will post pics as soon as it is all screwed together!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like u got a game plan Skeeter. What ya running for a motor now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    modded gt150 with 1 3/8 carbs,shaved 844 heads,velocity stacks,and a worked over 25p raker with 6in jackplate. she gets up on the pad real nice with all the trim in it it!

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast