User Tag List

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemortime View Post
    Well, I picked up my shadow vt today and it looks pretty sporty. The people of hydrocraft ( boat repair people) did great job repairing the transom,knees,stringers and repainting the rear of the boat. now it's time start rigging this thing. I hope to post some pictures this weekend . Iam putting hydraulic steering in and a 10" sidemaster manual jack plate . The bottom of the boat has been blue printed and I put bobs lwpu on the lower unit and that was pain in the butt. By the way does anyone know how to build a extened deck?
    I just built an extended removable deck for my Shadow out of PVC, plastic, & Aluminum (and matching carpeting of course). I kept mine removable so I can remove it for when I have young children aboard, and also for speed runs. I even put me on one of these fancy bow rollers on my trailer, lol! Had to have something ta go with the new trolling motor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my Shadow new TM & Bow Roller 7 1000x750.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	291.2 KB 
ID:	290064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my Shadow new TM & Bow Roller 4 1000x750.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	290065 Don't mind the dullness of finish, I've wet sanded her for buffing.
    1986 20 ft. 8 in Shadow Tunnel Vee
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper
    10" Quicksilver Para - Lift Hydraulic.
    Hoss 15 x 28p. HPD & 14 & 3/4 x 27p. Yammie Drag 4
    Ron Hill Custom 15 x 28p. 4 Blade O/T Cleaver, Mazco 15 x 28p. 3 blade Cleaver
    Hydromotive Intimidator Q4 15 x 27p.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allyda, that's a lot of differnt materals. I was thinging of using cosa board and alu.angle and make it removable to. Its looks like you did real good job on yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allyda, that's a lot of differnt materals. I was thinging of using cosa board and alu.angle and make it removable to. Its looks like you did real good job on yours.
    Cosa would be great. Sounds like your on the right track.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I'd post some pictures of the shadow. What do you guys think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is a great looking boat! you should get the motor stickers to match the boat coloration.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas how to set-up this thing? I thought about starting with the prop shaft flush with bottom of the pad. I have several props to choose from like a chopper 22,24,26,27 srt,30 mazco re,clever thru the hub ,26,30,32. The set-up would being not be for fishing. The motor is a 225 merc with chris carson reeds, 150 psi compression. Have run 93 oct. Gas. The boat ways 860 lbs dry.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any ideas how to set-up this thing? I thought about starting with the prop shaft flush with bottom of the pad. I have several props to choose from like a chopper 22,24,26,27 srt,30 mazco re,clever thru the hub ,26,30,32. The set-up would being not be for fishing. The motor is a 225 merc with chris carson reeds, 150 psi compression. Have run 93 oct. Gas. The boat ways 860 lbs dry.
    Man she's sweet. As for setup the way I did mine is like ya do any other boat. I will tell you this. From my experience these boats like a big wheel at least 14 & 1/2 preferrably 15" diameter. Also, they seem to like over the hub choppers & cleaver type props. In fact, I only have one thru hub prop that works well on mine and it's my Hydromotive Intimmidator Quad 4 "CR" You don't want the "X" Bravo copy. The CR is a semi cleaver design. I'm sure you've seen them. My fastest prop to date is my Hoss Hyperdrive 15 x 28p. I have a Hoss Triton in 28p. also. Great props. Big blades double cupped that stay hooked up better than anything I've ever ran on mine. I use my 4 blade Hydromotive and Ron Hill Over/Thru Cleaver for fishing. I also have a yammie drag 4 cuz it's just fun to run it. As for propshaft to pad height If your jackplate set back is 8" or more I'd start at 3" below center pad and go up from there 1/4" at a time until you either lose speed or water pressure. Then back it back 1/4 and there ya go. With that motor you got you should see upper 80's no problem when set up correctly, maybe more.

With mine if it's just me aboard with a light tackle load and 1/2 tank I can get to low 80's. Mid to upper 70's with my fishin props, a full tank and 1 other person. But I'm running a non nose coned Rude XP 200 looper (I plan to nose cone/low water p.u. the lower soon). You should do much better with that sporty and 2.4 Merc. Heck, ya may even be able ta go 90.

Best of luck with your setup and have fun. These things are a blast to drive.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info allyda, I"ll keep the in mind. Your friend mike it looks like he has a lot of time spending with set- ups not saying that you don't . Just looking for ideas and thank you for responding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Mike will steer ya right.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice shadow

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I have notice is the. Bottom of the lids there perfect compared to the 86 model it looks like day and night. The 86 is pro done , the 88 is like they ran out of money to do ii right. I am thinging to make the 88 model into a flars boat?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info allyda, I"ll keep the in mind. Your friend mike it looks like he has a lot of time spending with set- ups not saying that you don't . Just looking for ideas and thank you for responding.

Great Looking Shadow! Don't Know A Lot About The Set-Up On Those Boats But, From What I Remember, They Ran Best With A Round Ear Prop...Mazsco RE3/Big Blade Chopper/Hoss Hyper-Drive/ETC...I'd Start With The Tip Of The Nose Cone Even With The Bottom Or Slightly Higher. Kind Of Watch That Hydraulic Jack Plate! The Shadows Had Some Of The Same Trates As An Allison From What I Remember, And When You Have The Motor Height Where The Boat Runs And Drives Best In A Straight A Way, They Don't Turn Like Other Tunnel Boats! So, Kind Of Watch That For Sure. Looks Like A "Bob's" Nose Cone So, You Should Be Good There. Keep Us Informed How It Goes! Let Me Know If I Can Help Out... Mike T. BTW, I LOVE The Older Classic Wheels On The Trailer!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mike and thank you allyda for the info , its better to start off some where then nowhere! The motor should produce close to 255 hp, but that is a close as I can come. I vaule ya'lls opion and others. That's why I love this site os so much. Keep it comming!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    Great Looking Shadow! Don't Know A Lot About The Set-Up On Those Boats But, From What I Remember, They Ran Best With A Round Ear Prop...Mazsco RE3/Big Blade Chopper/Hoss Hyper-Drive/ETC...I'd Start With The Tip Of The Nose Cone Even With The Bottom Or Slightly Higher. Kind Of Watch That Hydraulic Jack Plate! The Shadows Had Some Of The Same Trates As An Allison From What I Remember, And When You Have The Motor Height Where The Boat Runs And Drives Best In A Straight A Way, They Don't Turn Like Other Tunnel Boats! So, Kind Of Watch That For Sure. Looks Like A "Bob's" Nose Cone So, You Should Be Good There. Keep Us Informed How It Goes! Let Me Know If I Can Help Out... Mike T. BTW, I LOVE The Older Classic Wheels On The Trailer!!!
    I mentioned Mike in my post above about my Hoss Hyperdrive and Hoss Triton being my fastest props. These boats, well, mine anyway also likes a big cleaver: 15" diameter around 28 pitch with a little more rake than your average cleaver -like a Mazco. I'd love to have one of their cleavers in a 15" dia. x 28-30 pitch to try on my boat. My 4 blade 15 x 27p. Hydromotive Q-4 "CR" which is the semi cleaver one is my best fishin prop. But for speed I haven't ran anything yet that beats my Hyperdrive.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, "Back In The Day" When The Shadows 1st. Came Out, There Was A Fellow Named Jim Boo That Actually Started Performance Propeller In Indanapols Indiana...The Buisness Is Now Turbo Prop.... And He Could Tune A Big Ear Chopper For Those Boats That Was Super Fast!! One Thing I Don't Remember Is Exactly How Much "Set-Back" Everybody Use To Run. 9" Comes To Mind But, Hell That Was A Lot Of Corona's Ago! I Guess I'm Lucky I Can Still Remember The Boats! BTW, I Old Friend Of Mine That Just Passed Away Use To Have One. If He Still Had It At The Time Of His Passing, It Most Likely Will Be For Sale. I'll Talk To His Son In The Next Little Bit And Find Out. Last Time I Saw The Boat, It Looked Like Brand New! Melvin Was Sick For A Couple Of Years Though So, The Boat Mite Have Already Been Sold. I'll Find Out Though.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast