User Tag List

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    A Lot Of Them Did...And They Were Just Not For Very Long...Damn Mean Ol' Allisons...
    Well, I've heard our Shadows described as "Allisons with training wheels," so there's a little Allison in them. I'm sure Jay Cox, their designer who used to work for Allison incorporated alot of what he learned from the masters, Darrius & the rest, into their design.
    1986 20 ft. 8 in Shadow Tunnel Vee
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper
    10" Quicksilver Para - Lift Hydraulic.
    Hoss 15 x 28p. HPD & 14 & 3/4 x 27p. Yammie Drag 4
    Ron Hill Custom 15 x 28p. 4 Blade O/T Cleaver, Mazco 15 x 28p. 3 blade Cleaver
    Hydromotive Intimidator Q4 15 x 27p.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't for your boat it was the 18ft boat,basically no one was in the class

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike , when I bought my laser it was tan and s browm metal flake . It did come out of j' vile fl. Was a lite lay up. I " ll say this I ll say this I think it will break 100 + with no problem. But I ain't driven it. Not enough seat time!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyda View Post
    Well, I've heard our Shadows described as "Allisons with training wheels," so there's a little Allison in them. I'm sure Jay Cox, their designer who used to work for Allison incorporated alot of what he learned from the masters, Darrius & the rest, into their design.

Where Do You Think That "Leather-Look Interior Finish Came From. I Had A 81' XTB That Had The Same Finish. Lets Put It This Way, There Is Lots Of Allison In Most Pad-V And Fast Bass Boats! Look At The Early Bulletts, They Were 18'XTB's That Were "Stretched" To 19' And 2" Or 3" Wider!
    Last edited by Corona Mike; 01-02-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am picking my shadow this coming Monday, after having a new rear putting in. I hope to hitting in the 80s with it. I really wanted to put a 300 px box stock but cash flow is allways a lssue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 1965 I have only had 13 ft or smaller boats with tiller handles. Fastest yet with a mod 40 jonhson 84 model 2 cyl and 2 carb was on radar was 84 mph with the gamewarren and my prop man shooting the gun.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemortime View Post
    I am picking my shadow this coming Monday, after having a new rear putting in. I hope to hitting in the 80s with it. I really wanted to put a 300 px box stock but cash flow is allways a lssue.
    You Will Like The Shadow. They Rode Good, Decent Room For A Bass Boat From "Back In The Day" Easy On Troling Motors...Unless You Get In The Big Lilly Pads! They Suck Up In The Tunnels...Only Reel Down Side Was They Don't Turn Like A Tunnel Hull! So Be A Little Carefull There! No Worries About Extra Power They Ran Very Good With About Anything From 150 Up...Good Luck, Be Carefull! Mike T.
    Last edited by Corona Mike; 01-02-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, mike I still wanting to learn at the age of 62 I really like this site about helping with with the people that wants to go fooward with there passions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onemortime View Post
    Thanks, mike I still wanting to learn at the age of 62 I really like this site about helping with with the people that wants to go fooward with there passions.
    I'm Bout' Like You..."I'm Sure I'll Grow Out Of This One Day...Just Not Today!" I'm 61...In About A Month... And Still Have 3-Allisons. Now, I Don't Care Anymore If They Run Much Past A Hundred But, It's Still Fun To Me!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After you and I meet up Mike I'll be changing out my jackplate. Then all my major stuff will be done for my removable deck extension is nearly complete (I'm building this inside the house in my living room, lol!). All I'll have left to do will be driver and passenger seats when I get the $$ and I'll have a pretty modernized Shadow. Oh and I still need new quick drain valves for my livewells. later on down the line I'll re-power with either a 2.5 or 3 L. merc or preferrably a Yammy 225 HPDI after I find and rebuild whichever one I come across first. But until then I'll keep my old looper on her. Heck it has a new powerhead at least. I do need to nose cone the lower especially with this new hydraulic jackplate.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After you and I meet up Mike I'll be changing out my jackplate. Then all my major stuff will be done for my removable deck extension is nearly complete (I'm building this inside the house in my living room, lol!). All I'll have left to do will be driver and passenger seats when I get the $$ and I'll have a pretty modernized Shadow. Oh and I still need new quick drain valves for my livewells. later on down the line I'll re-power with either a 2.5 or 3 L. merc or preferrably a Yammy 225 HPDI after I find and rebuild whichever one I come across first. But until then I'll keep my old looper on her. Heck it has a new powerhead at least. I do need to nose cone the lower especially with this new hydraulic jackplate.

Hell If The Weather Takes A Turn For The Worst Sunday, If You Need Some Help With The New Jack Plate, Let Me Know. It Will Beet The Hell Out Of Watching Football All Day...As Long As You Have Either A "Cherry Picker Motor Hoist" Or A Come-A-Long So We Can Support The Motor, It Shouldn't Be A Big Deal. We'll Watch The Weather And Go From There.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try to keep as much weight as possible out of your boat,that deck extension for sure.If you havnt been in a shadow be prepared to get beat up if the wind picks up or heavy boat traffic the ride is RUFF..Get some pictures up when you can and congrates!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Mike View Post
    Hell If The Weather Takes A Turn For The Worst Sunday, If You Need Some Help With The New Jack Plate, Let Me Know. It Will Beet The Hell Out Of Watching Football All Day...As Long As You Have Either A "Cherry Picker Motor Hoist" Or A Come-A-Long So We Can Support The Motor, It Shouldn't Be A Big Deal. We'll Watch The Weather And Go From There.
    I have a brand new 2 & 1/2 ton cherry picker. However I don't have a motor lift for the V6.

My deck extension is made out of plastic and aluminum sheet. The carpeting and carpet glue I'm going to put on it will weigh almost as much as it does. Plus, I'm making it removable for that very reason.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Don't Have Anything For OMC's As Far As A Motor Lift But, If Memory Serves Me Rite, All They Are Is A Piece Of Flat Bar With A "U" Bolt That Bolts To Two Or Three Fly Wheel Bolts I Think...Seems Like It Couldn't/Shouldn't Be That Hard To Make.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell Allyda why didn't u say sumtin earlier. I made 3 engine pullers outta 1/2" stainless just so I had em. I woulda sent ya one. All you need then woulda been 3 bolts fer da flywheel
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast