User Tag List

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen and read most of what your sayin' but Shadow seems ta be left out in all tha print. Jay Cox built tha first one out of a wrecked pointed stv if memory is right. Collins supposedly drove it......."Short time"? Musta been so short it never made it ta print for that year..................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went and looked at the apba records and seen lasers in 1984&85 held a couple but no shadows,mike where are the noa s. Kept,just curious,tim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1ST. I Got No Dog In This Hunt. I Know That #1) I Would LOVE To Have Ricks Old XB02' Back. #2) They Did Hold A Record For About A Year. #3) Jay Cox Is The Guy I Couldn't Remember...Knew There Was Somebody Beside Louis Just Couldn't Remember His Name. Guy Here In Tampa/Seffner, Was A Dealer. Had The Red And White Boat In His Show Room Couple Weeks Before The Clewiston KELO Run. I Remember Thinking That Wasn't A Bass Boat! Hell It Was An All Out RACE Boat! A Month After The 87' Knoxville KELO Race, We Were Fishin' Out Of Ricks Boat! Now I Know For A Fact, That Many Of The NOA Records Were Lost/Misplaced And No Longer Show Up When You Look For Them. Don't Know Why. Shadows Weren't A Bad Boat...Pretty Fast, Plenty Of Room. But, A Fishin' Model The "Worlds Fastest Bass Boat" NOT..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmc6 View Post
    I went and looked at the apba records and seen lasers in 1984&85 held a couple but no shadows,mike where are the noa s. Kept,just curious,tim
    I'm Going To Say, In Knoxville. Not Exactly Sure Who Would Have Them. Nancy Allison Would Know For Sure. The APBA Records Kind-Of Came In At Different Times. They Would Run Bass Boat's One Year, And Not The Next. That Was A NOA Record I'm Sure Of That.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well. Its cold and nothin' else ta talk about. Gonna be a long winter...................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwjkw View Post
    Oh well. Its cold and nothin' else ta talk about. Gonna be a long winter...................
    COLD?? Hell It's 78+ Here! I'm Headin' To The Lighted Boat Parade...Hope Santa's "Elves" Have There Tini Bikinie's On!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're thinking farther east n south right now. On Pensacola beach. Nice yesterday but went ta **** today..........

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwjkw View Post
    Seen and read most of what your sayin' but Shadow seems ta be left out in all tha print. Jay Cox built tha first one out of a wrecked pointed stv if memory is right. Collins supposedly drove it......."Short time"? Musta been so short it never made it ta print for that year..................
    Though I own a Shadow I'll be the first to admit Allison is the best bass boat built. I like the XB21 and am currently looking for one for my next project. Allisons are also the fastest. However my Shadow HP for HP will hold it's own against most average bassers. As far as records, I've never seen where Shadow held one either. On the other site I belong to a buddy and I tote the Allison banner during discussions like this.

Heck, I'm adding a deck extension to mine that will add an extra 100-150 lb's. It will be removeable though for when I have youngsters aboard so they don't have to be up on the casting decks. I'm sure it's gonna slow me down some, but I rarely drive my boat WOT cause I'm a fisherman first, speed afficionado second. I do think Jay Cox deserves some credit for building a fast boat though. That's hard to do in your first few years building boats. Being he used to work for Allison I'm sure the hull design was influenced by them a little. However in my opinion, Allison is now and I expect will in the near future, be the "fastest bass boat."

I do enjoy hearing about some of the history behind my boat both good and bad, hearing about it's faults helps let me know what I need to modify and correct.
    Last edited by Allyda; 12-07-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    1986 20 ft. 8 in Shadow Tunnel Vee
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper
    10" Quicksilver Para - Lift Hydraulic.
    Hoss 15 x 28p. HPD & 14 & 3/4 x 27p. Yammie Drag 4
    Ron Hill Custom 15 x 28p. 4 Blade O/T Cleaver, Mazco 15 x 28p. 3 blade Cleaver
    Hydromotive Intimidator Q4 15 x 27p.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with that but gets under my skin when speed is touted and used for sellin' stuff. Ta me its worse than claimin' a "splash" as your own............Hell, its hard enough ta build and maintain a good runnin' hot rod as it is.....And yeah, we all know who builds tha absolute best boat out there ...........jmo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen allisons new XST? its on their website. They seem to be re-entering the realm of side console "low price" relatively speaking fishing boats. This boat looks to be a terrific design. However, I still prefer the bullet deck layout especially the newer SS(my favorite) and XRS. I also wish one of the fast boat companies would go back into producing an 18ft boat that get crazy mileage an performance because its annoying listening to a commercial about the cookie cutter boats saying their stuff is awesome and gets this super gas mileage and blistering performance that is no different from the mileage i get with 30 year old 17v and johnson. plus they are super slow.
    Last edited by south599; 12-07-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down the line I plan on going over the top half of metalflake with clearcoat (gel or Emron) so before doing that I'll be wet sanding -I'm confident the only word left on the side after that will be "Shadow." I wouldn't mind finding out who's name that is on the side though first. But other than my curiosity I say "good riddance!" I bought the boat to fish out of, not race.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by south599 View Post
    Have you seen allisons new XST? its on their website. They seem to be re-entering the realm of side console "low price" relatively speaking fishing boats. This boat looks to be a terrific design. However, I still prefer the bullet deck layout especially the newer SS(my favorite) and XRS. I also wish one of the fast boat companies would go back into producing an 18ft boat that get crazy mileage an performance because its annoying listening to a commercial about the cookie cutter boats saying their stuff is awesome and gets this super gas mileage and blistering performance that is no different from the mileage i get with 30 year old 17v and johnson. plus they are super slow.
    My 21ft XTB Allison with a 225 promax gets over 5 mile to the gallon when I keep it around 65

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah I haven't seen the new XST's yet. I'll have ta go to their site and check them out.
    86 Rude XP 200 Looper

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everyone could look up records and say jay Cox used this and that I know were the boat is that beat the ally my father did r&d for them at that time I can tell you were the hull design came from but you will just have something else to say and being I'm not far from stroker sprayed some gel for them and if you haven't been in one take a ride in my book that is the fastest bass boat hands down but my shadow bass boat runs with any bass boat out there I prove it every week I run my boat and turn alot of heads I will see if dad still has everything from 86 when shadow did that and he has an old laser that thing is a hand full but wicked fast there no joke ally has made a name for its self with fast boat I like Allison but hey shadow beat them one year the next ally made the shadow look slow all I'm if dad still has that stuff I'm sure he does I will post it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tell ya what I will get with the old timers around here Allison and shadow people and find out for sure I know alot of people that had something to do with both company's we have all worked for one or the other at one time

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast