Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V8 Evinrude alarm gremlin

I'm trying to figure out an alarm gremlin. It gives the 1/2 second every 40 sec chirp that indicates low oil level but the tank is full. I've taken the float out and all appears to be good there. Every once in a while it alarms for a full second followed again by another full second alarm then quits for 10-15 minutes. Only does it at part throttle, 2500-3000. driving me nuts. I have no fuel restriction, oil lines are bled right, new thermostats and diaphragms. Never does it running hard?????
    Any thoughts????
    William J.

22 SST Stoker
    300 E'rude V8
    Ported and plugged

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only does it at part throttle. Hmmmm. Maybe you will have to keep the pedal to the metal.

Most of the guys on here run with pre-mix so all VRO gear is removed. I don't know much about VRO, but since you are running a modded engine, has the VRO been "reconfigured"? Maybe the easy fix is to move to pre-mix, most on here will tell you it is more reliable and removes the risk of pump failure.
    Wellcraft Nova 230 XL, 300hp Johnson.
    Seahawk 45 Sport Fisher, twin 306hp Volvo.
    Steadcraft 28, Yanmar 300hp. Sold.
    Markline 800, Volvo 300hp. Sold.
    Haines Hunter V19, Volvo 170. Sold.
    16ft 6in Figlass Sidewinder, 140 Suzuki. Sold.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check that the buzzer has a full 12 volts, sounds like a voltage issue

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went out today and never heard the buzzer, not once.... All I did was check over the oil connections (all tight) and replace the fuel filter!!! If it was the filter tripping the fuel restriction circuit it sure didn't act like it should have. Previously it only buzzed at mid RPM 2500-4500 and only the 1/2 second low oil kinda buzz with a couple of longer buzzes mixed in and never buzzed at high sustained RPM's. Racer I assume you are correct about the 12V power supply but tracking down an intermittent problem is a bitch..... All I know is it's consuming oil like it's supposed to, not running hot, has a new fuel filter and drinking gas like it's going outa style!!! Still trying to squeeze more than 80 (79.4 gps) out of it though. Had a lot of time by myself today with the SRX 29" and couldn't get it to break 80. Slight chop on the lake 10 gallons of fuel left trrimed slowly to let it settle in and only 79.4. Any suggestions?? Prop is a SRX 29" DAH lab'd with a little cup.
    William J.

22 SST Stoker
    300 E'rude V8
    Ported and plugged