User Tag List

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep up the good work mate. id love to try a mad from on my 3.0l tried all the other intakes out there and think I need more air. im running twin computers to

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gary, you made some great progress, looking real good! I think the work & progress is the fun of these projects and to have a positive end result makes things that much sweeter!
    Keep up the good work and pics!!!!

Tony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    Gary, you made some great progress, looking real good! I think the work & progress is the fun of these projects and to have a positive end result makes things that much sweeter!
    Keep up the good work and pics!!!!

Tony
    Tony,

Thanks for the complements. Your 100% correct, me being retired and having unlimited time on my hands (now don't be jealous) makes things like this possible on my end, as does having a body of water to test in only 5 miles from the house makes it even more doable. This is my third MAD intake attempt, first on a mod'd 225 EFI/Wolf V500 ECU and then on my o'l 250 mod'd EFI/with Simon reflashed ECU's and I would guess that the o'l saying is correct; "Third Times A Charm"....

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    Tony,

"Third Times A Charm"....
    We would NOT be happy the first or second time anyway.... once you step back you immediately find things we would have or love to do differently maybe even better

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tux974 View Post
    We would NOT be happy the first or second time anyway.... once you step back you immediately find things we would have or love to do differently maybe even better

LMAO big time...........yeah, need drama to make it work, with this ruthless bunch on here (no names mentioned, but you know who you are.....LOL), if there's no pain along the way, you'll get boo'd for sure............LOL.

Tare care....

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.grover View Post
    keep up the good work mate. id love to try a mad from on my 3.0l tried all the other intakes out there and think I need more air. im running twin computers to

Speaking for myself the MAD three horn did wonders for me. Four years ago when i bought it i put it on my old stock 225 3.0L replacing the four butterfly stockie and noticed an emidiate gain soon as i nailed the gas. Sure i had a few flat spots but an increase in fuel psi solved them all except for the off idle. Now i have it on the 300XS block and a differant boat and still love it.

I`ll know next week if Gary`s TPI trick works. I don`t see why not. Speaking of the TPI i have a question. Gary, Do you know if the TPI trick will also move the timming up faster along with more fuel?

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    Speaking for myself the MAD three horn did wonders for me. Four years ago when i bought it i put it on my old stock 225 3.0L replacing the four butterfly stockie and noticed an emidiate gain soon as i nailed the gas. Sure i had a few flat spots but an increase in fuel psi solved them all except for the off idle. Now i have it on the 300XS block and a differant boat and still love it.

I`ll know next week if Gary`s TPI trick works. I don`t see why not. Speaking of the TPI i have a question. Gary, Do you know if the TPI trick will also move the timming up faster along with more fuel?

DB

DB,

The linkage mod to the TPS on mine covered all the lean spots when the sudden rush of air was met with lots of fuel, I don't see why yours would be any different, other than yours being a DI motor. Key is to tricking the motor to dump more fuel sooner, that's done by the ratio change to the TPS.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i read your first post on this it made complete sence to me. Also the extra fuel may add to your great idle sound in your vid. Mine sounds pretty healthy with the MAD 15" mid and i made my own bell shaped tuner. I call it the liberty bell because it is so big. Works pretty good too.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    When i read your first post on this it made complete sence to me. Also the extra fuel may add to your great idle sound in your vid. Mine sounds pretty healthy with the MAD 15" mid and i made my own bell shaped tuner. I call it the liberty bell because it is so big. Works pretty good too.

DB

I think its time for you to post up a vid of that baby idling and running, would love to hear it......

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I`ll have to get my bud (petehubbell) to do that for me being he is computer savy. Me. I`m a hunt and peck type of guy. I have a pic of a 300pm mid that i did an exaust mod on and can`t even find that! I wanted to post it on your other thread. I still have the mid tho so i can take another pic. I basicly coppied the MAD mid with an extention behind the original mid and had the exaust dump streight down and behind like the MAD. Had i seen your mod with the hole i would have prolly done that instead.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest testing results;

Seems that the added fuel to the motor was the right move......" BUT", I think I've hit a wall on fuel supply as the motor seems to limit itself on the top end. Even though I'm dumping max fuel, it's still not enough on the top end. As my project continues to teach me something new everyday, it's very frustrating but very interesting as well.......

I'm moving onto playing with the IAT sensor next, as tricking it is worth another 10% increase in fuel delivery to the motor......

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the boat any faster gary? just curious how you are making out!!
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What RPM are you getting on top end?
    XR2001 & XB2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marty, I heard through the grapevine that you found/solved your power problem that was limiting your motor. Way-2-go.

DB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    is the boat any faster gary? just curious how you are making out!!
    Charlie, the torque is there, you can't miss that when you stab it, but I'm running out of fuel at WOT. Motor runs up against a wall at 80/82. Gotta give it some more fuel via the IAT sensor next time out. I'm going to pack the IAT sensor in crushed ice and make another pass, that should confirm my lack of fuel theory as the sensor should allow additional fuel thinking it needs to run richer due to the temp drop.

Quote Originally Posted by malexie View Post
    What RPM are you getting on top end?
    The issue at hand now is......I'm not getting to the actual motors rpm limits/top end:

5900/6100 @ 83MPH/28P O/Shore Chopper II, there's more there just need to kick in the afterburner (once I find it.....).

Gary

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast