User Tag List

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    looks great gary!! interestingly, i found the same thing w/ a big mixture distribution problem on an older style 3 litre w/ the mad intake, had to make the 1 side rich enough to live, and was never really rite. this was on the old style 3 litre/2 computer system. just keep an eye on the plugs/piston tops gary. dave just shipped the mad efi intake for my wolf engine, but i'm pretty bogged down in the gto project rite now.

Morning Charlie,

I totally understand this is a "Pandora's" Box" for my application, and I'm "NOT" under any impression that it'll run great right out of the box. It's just me....play'n and have'n fun with trying it and maybe learning something along the way.

Keep me in the loop when you start the MAD EFI Intake/Wolf ECU project, for you (as you understand the Wolf & programming) that'll make some serious power.......Best of luck with it.......

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And so it begins.....................

\

Ran into a few set backs, my alternator went out Saturday ($$$$$), today I managed to break off one of the output nipples on the oil pump (more $$$$$$)............I'm gonna walk away for a day or two to cool off, I'm so freak'n livid now I'm a danger to society............

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    And so it begins.....................

\

Ran into a few set backs, my alternator went out Saturday ($$$$$), today I managed to break off one of the output nipples on the oil pump (more $$$$$$)............I'm gonna walk away for a day or two to cool off, I'm so freak'n livid now I'm a danger to society............
    Gary slow down, sorry about your luck. Been there and its no fun.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave.......we've all had those "when nothing goes right days"......what I did was just a real stupid move and the part that makes it worse.......I knew better than that when working on the oil pump !!!!!!!!

So while I was away from the project, had time to sit back and reflect a little.......well no surprise, another problem I didn't think of.......

300x reed plate has a step down flange for the down draft manifold, I forgot about that and now need to machine a recess in the 1" spacer to except that 1/2" protrusion and port match.......oh well, not like I'm going anywhere soon........lol.

Before anyone ask's.....
    Wouldn't it be easier to just cut down the protrusion above the flange face, "YES" it would, "BUT", if I have to do a M/Jackson Moon Walk backwards and put the down draft back on, I won't be out added $$$$$ for another 300x Reed Plate, there not exactly a dime a dozen.......LOL.

After talking to Charlie, he noted that I also could have put the spacer plate against the front half, then the reed plate, but I wanted to keep the injectors as close as possible to the motor since I won't have an adjustable ECU.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribed
    Cawley

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey gary....
    Didit that thing break your spirit or are you just taking a break from the jungle like heat... after our little rain today its back to working weather.
    The guy I bought the 300x from is heading down tomorrow morning to drop it off on his way out west cant wait for that thing to show up looks like ill be swapping powerheads for a little lake time this weekend....now I have to get my hands on a 32p something and lay the ears back...
    hope you get back on the "Mad" project soon your projects always turn out kick ass as im sure this one will also......
    Talk soon have a good one buddy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Glenn, I'm back at it as we speak. Ran into another issue (oh my, what a surprise that is...........LMAO), had to reconfigure the XRI VST. Return fuel from the rail was coming back into the VST way to heavy of a stream, pushed fuel back out the bleed return line at the top of the VST. I was wondering why there was fuel dripping out of the lower intake port................LOL. Hope'n to put the fire to it tomorrow on the muffs. Wish me luck, it think I might just need it............... I was planning on stopping over your shop tomorrow, depending on how things go here on the project. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

I'll bet no sooner than the P/Head is dropped off you'll be wrench'n to get it on the Eliminator. Hey, I do have a 32p Drag 4 Flo Torque hub your welcome to try out, let me know. I can bring it over if I stop by the shop tomorrow.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turning the key Already.... Thats killer, so you didn't loose to much drive over the little hiccups you had. Sounds like you may be dropping it the water this weekend also for little dialing in....? Need a co-pilot? I would love to go if you want a hand...
    We have had the week from hell here at the shop things are finally wrapping up to a normal friday so stopping by would be way cool....
    I don't know how much honey badger I have left in me after this week but I do hear the water calling my name so I will probably drop on the p/head saturday morning and see what happens where I would normally stay all night friday, Im going to a new movie (first time in years) ...... Your Welcome to go kind of a guys night out kung foo movie going to the regal deerfield in mason.
    if you dont mind loaning out the prop I may bolt it on and see what the gps says...Ill keep it in the deep water and nice and safe....Talk tomorrow if you call
    Good Luck with the fire up Gary.... I think its gonna be way cool.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glenn,

Sending you a PM........

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator*21 View Post
    Return fuel from the rail was coming back into the VST way to heavy of a stream, pushed fuel back out the bleed return line at the top of the VST. I was wondering why there was fuel dripping out of the lower intake port................LOL.
    When I read that you were plumbing that way, I though that it would be better to place your return in a large , non pressure fed reservoir far away from the pick up point ... like maybe the fuel tank for instance ..
    I always put a baffle system in place guarding the pick up point , when building a fuel tank for a race car. Returned fuel always brings along swirling and aireation problems.
    But I figured you did your external pump 300x vst, like that ... so who was I to say it was a bad idea ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning Chaz,

Your absolutely correct in you thoughts, but I was trying at all cost to keep from running a return line to the tank. The OPTI style VST that I ran with the down draft I had plumbed with the fuel return in the VST as well and it worked great. But the size difference between the OPTI style and this XRI VST is quite different and I really didn't even give that a thought (my bad). It's all good now, ended up making a deflector/protector for the float in the VST so it'll never see any direct fuel squirting on it effecting its free movement. Another option I was keeping in reserve was a "Tee" fitting on the VST to EFI pump supply line, for the return fuel, it would still maintain a loop of the return fuel back to the VST/EFI pump.

I went through a trial and error session playing with the TPS ratio. using the adjustable linkage, I was able to significantly alter the output signal from the TPS to come on faster or slower. I'll try to post up some more pics on progress made as I did fall behind in doing that. I'm basically ready to turn the key and fire up, but need to take care of some honey-do's first........LOL. Should be in the water by Wednesday for testing/tuning.

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alive...........................idles better than the down draft.......LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IhSR...ature=youtu.be

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice work, hope it rips
    Allison XB02, 22ft Tritoon 225 4 stroke, two seadoo sparks

Past rides 2001 STV EURO, Allison Grandsport, STV RiverRocket, STV Euro, STV ProComp, Hydrostream V-King
    RIP RPM RACING
    RIP GTS1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProComp View Post
    nice work, hope it rips
    LMAO.........Thanks, I'm not hold'n my breath, but if it runs as good as it idles, there's gotta be a little extra in there some where you'd think..............

Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary:

Your Beast Motor sounds good.
    Brent
    2009 LCB 2005 300X

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast