Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERRUMMER 70 View Post
    like cavitation and ventilation???? sorry couldn't help myself! it was the perfect Segway!

yes, exactly...LOL
    98 XR2001 Drag w/pro stock mota

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought 'blueprinting' referred to 'balanced' rather than 'labbed'.
    Blueprinting an engine for that matter is in fact balancing the inner parts e.g. typical example the Evinrude loopers. Blueprinting those engines means balancing, am I right ??

Now, being from different countries and language areas, communication and correct terminology is important.
    Not for bragging and bitching about some words, but just to correctly understand eachother. Seems hard enough if you ask me, especially on fora, right ?

Even more important than the words, is what they really represent.
    If Mercury sells a PRO ET with a "labbed" finish, what exactly does that mean. OK you have the website description, no issues there. But could this be the exact same base propeller as the pro finish ? The labbed propeller being thinned more, satin dull polished, in short : a far more worked prop that the pro finish and therefore be more expensive ?

As you've probably guessed, I have my eyes on a labbed PRO ET. As it is more expensive, I want to have a good feeling why that is.

Thx, T.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say blueprinting - an engine or a prop - would mean making sure everything is as close to perfect as possible. Balancing an engine alone won't win a race. You need to make sure the piston clearance, the ring gap, bearing clearance, etc. is all right on the money. I would expect a blueprinted prop to be balanced and the pitch and cup on all blades matched.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2