User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    S. Mississippi
    Posts
    12
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottomline, needing a fishing boat during the week - and a river runner on the weekends. Trying to keep it under 17' because I've seen problems with launching larger boats in some of the places I've fished. Also, much easier to maneuver in the small feeder creeks to the river, we run. Does stability always relate to hull weight?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    S. Mississippi
    Posts
    12
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any input is welcomed...

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Prince George B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,018
    Thanks (Given)
    33
    Thanks (Received)
    85
    Likes (Given)
    1181
    Likes (Received)
    462
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hears your ticket 80mph with an Xr and priced low!! Also a very rare hull so thats cool also. Wide open design 17ft do all your asking for. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=14586

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    S. Mississippi
    Posts
    12
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Can't view the pics.

    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    Hears your ticket 80mph with an Xr and priced low!! Also a very rare hull so thats cool also. Wide open design 17ft do all your asking for. http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=14586
    Its not allowing me to view the pics!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Prince George B.C. Canada
    Posts
    5,018
    Thanks (Given)
    33
    Thanks (Received)
    85
    Likes (Given)
    1181
    Likes (Received)
    462
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaskin View Post
    Its not allowing me to view the pics!
    I found her listed hear also. Real open cool and FAST. a real sleeper other than she says Allison. So ya know shes fast. http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-One-of-a-Kind

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    southast ark
    Posts
    860
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Neudecker View Post
    The King fisher set up properly can do what you want. Bolt the motor high and do not use a jackplate.
    Mr. Ray... What hull are you referring to? The one that I was involved with may have had a bad bottom. We took a 140 V4 off of it and put a 175 Merc on it. Flat on transom ,with a Jo,several props....didnt matter. It got REAL squirrelly above 60 or so. It was either 17 or 17 1/2'. Don't recall
    Laser 1550 ...under construction with a serious weight loss
    Motor 2.4....undecided on hp yet

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Lake Charles, Louisiana
    Posts
    9,442
    Thanks (Given)
    321
    Thanks (Received)
    159
    Likes (Given)
    6503
    Likes (Received)
    2005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe you could find a Blazer bass boat. They are quick hulls.
    Last edited by CDave; 07-08-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----


    ""Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."-John Adams


    Noli pati a scelestis opprimi

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    S. Mississippi
    Posts
    12
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whipper View Post
    I found her listed hear also. Real open cool and FAST. a real sleeper other than she says Allison. So ya know shes fast. http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-One-of-a-Kind
    That is a great looking boat.....
    Might warrant a trip up North..

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    mid ga
    Posts
    330
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm. no one mention a varmint , ive had 2 one with a 2.4 225 and one with a 2.5 245 , I wouldn't actually call them stable but they had the cool factor

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Athens, TN
    Posts
    334
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently working with a 17v bullet. I have stock 1985 150 Johnson(400lbs) on it with the other appropriate high speed parts(nose cone, jackplate, etc..) gotten it up to 67 so far and that's not WOT. I'm not sure what you consider smooth riding and easy to drive, but no 17ft boat is going to cruise on up to high 70's without driver input. But from talking to all of the guys that have had bullets before me I can expect low 70's with the motor I have and I know for a fact a large amount of the 17v bullets had way more than the coast guard rated horsepower on the back. The biggest deal is the motor weight due to the fact it can sink the boat. I know a 175 can push this boat around 80 and a 200 into the mid 80's. btw mine is a 1984 model boat and has had no transom problems or even gel coat cracks and I check every time.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    S. Mississippi
    Posts
    12
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by south599 View Post
    I'm currently working with a 17v bullet. I have stock 1985 150 Johnson(400lbs) on it with the other appropriate high speed parts(nose cone, jackplate, etc..) gotten it up to 67 so far and that's not WOT. I'm not sure what you consider smooth riding and easy to drive, but no 17ft boat is going to cruise on up to high 70's without driver input. But from talking to all of the guys that have had bullets before me I can expect low 70's with the motor I have and I know for a fact a large amount of the 17v bullets had way more than the coast guard rated horsepower on the back. The biggest deal is the motor weight due to the fact it can sink the boat. I know a 175 can push this boat around 80 and a 200 into the mid 80's. btw mine is a 1984 model boat and has had no transom problems or even gel coat cracks and I check every time.
    You know, I always wondered about the dreaded USCG max HP placard. I am aware that the engineers come up with it base on whatever numbers they use, but...., is it a mere recommendation?? I know insurance companies don't like you going above it.

    I can certainly agree with you on the 70+ mph. Any boat at those speeds need to be driven not ridden.... haha

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Jackson,Tenn.
    Posts
    1,691
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones we ran were 17' 6. Bolted a 150 Yamaha updated to a 200 and saw low 80's with great handling. Had engine mounted to transom as high as the bracket allowed.
    Ray Neudecker Over The Hill Gang Outboard Racing

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Athens, TN
    Posts
    334
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the USCG ratings arent to be forgotten about especially with todays boats. But i think various boats, especially those that are hand made have a high potential for going above and beyond the ratings just because the makers pay that much more attention and usually give better quality. Theres a reason the bullet 20 ft boats are technically 20' 1" so they escape the ratings. and usually its weight that drives the ratings. bullet also updated the 21' in the mid 90's to handle the new much heavier 3.0l motors. they dont recomend you put a 3.0l motor on a model before then even though they could probably hold that motor. an example of quality and care.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    424
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    3
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a 200 Hp on a 17 bass boat to run mid 70s to low 80s is very easy to do. get a 17 ft Bullet Allsion Hydra Sport put a sportmaster gearcase on. use a Bravo 1 15 1/4 x 26/28 pitch prop add 1 inch holes and you have it covered. to get scary fast you need to push over 100.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Athens, TN
    Posts
    334
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerOMCSS View Post
    a 200 Hp on a 17 bass boat to run mid 70s to low 80s is very easy to do. get a 17 ft Bullet Allsion Hydra Sport put a sportmaster gearcase on. use a Bravo 1 15 1/4 x 26/28 pitch prop add 1 inch holes and you have it covered. to get scary fast you need to push over 100.
    And if you really want to up the speed i know that bullet and allison have special boats that are known as super comps or race that are almost half the weight of the normal models. Those are very rare.
    1984 17vee Bullet w/1985 Johnson 150gt (bob's nose cone, hydrodynamics custom 8in. jackplate, custom skid plate and foil, and 26p trophy plus) currently 70mph tournament loaded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Aeromarine Research