Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wait is Almost Over

Well, after having purchased my new boat a few weeks ago, (at least new to me) I am packing up the truck and heading to Florida with my Gal Pal to pick it up. It's a 21.5' Talon with a 2.5, 280hp Merc on the back. Going to drive straight through, bout 21 hours, down to south Florida. I will test drive the boat on Wednesday afternoon and party the evening away in Fort Lauderdale. (suggestions on great night life would be appreciated). Thursday morning we are turning her south and heading to Key West for 4 days of shake down runs playing in the keys. Then, turning her north and arriving back on the Chain next Tuesday afternoon. So I guess what happening is I am going from a wannabe to a participant and look forward to getting to know a bunch of you guys and gals up in the Chain O Lakes area in Lake County Illinois.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Al! Have a safe trip....bring her home in one piece!

Jr.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Lots of past boats - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcat1k View Post
    Well, after having purchased my new boat a few weeks ago, (at least new to me) I am packing up the truck and heading to Florida with my Gal Pal to pick it up. It's a 21.5' Talon with a 2.5, 280hp Merc on the back. Going to drive straight through, bout 21 hours, down to south Florida. I will test drive the boat on Wednesday afternoon and party the evening away in Fort Lauderdale. (suggestions on great night life would be appreciated). Thursday morning we are turning her south and heading to Key West for 4 days of shake down runs playing in the keys. Then, turning her north and arriving back on the Chain next Tuesday afternoon. So I guess what happening is I am going from a wannabe to a participant and look forward to getting to know a bunch of you guys and gals up in the Chain O Lakes area in Lake County Illinois.
    Sounds like a great plan to me !
    " The Fleet of Old Boats "

'73 -14' Orlando Clipper Skiff -Yamaha 25
    93- 18 ' Renegade Nomad Flats boat -Merc 150
    '94 - 21 ' Allison XB - 2003 -Merc 260
    '97 - 19 ' STV Euro - Merc - 260
    '99 Benninton 2375 TOONER - V-6- 2 liter 150 Mariner
    2001 Grady White 263 - Twin Yamaha 250 OX 66

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a plan and do I foresee another transplant. I came down here with wife 51/2 years ago and never went back. The keys are all that and more. We boat down here 11 months a year Good luck on the new boat. Rick
    Last edited by delawarerick; 06-17-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: add

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fort Lauderdale Beach, be sure to down a couple at the Elbo-Room...... They may not have live music in the middle of the week, but it a landmark place you have to at least visit so you can say you were there........ Plenty of other places on the beach too. If you want to drop a few coins in the slots or pay at the tables, the then Hard Rock is on 441 Just north of Stirling Rd ..... take 595 to 441 south, can't miss it.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new boat. Always liked the Talon ride great in the ruff stuff. Have a good trip.