User Tag List

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the UIM will govern it's self right out of business. As soon as people decide that we do not need their blessings, we can move forward with our agenda's.
    They will become an organization with no one to spew their biased self serving opinions on. I mean do we really need some governing body telling free people what
    they can and can't do?
    Sorry, JMHO

2. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Warby Motorsports,
    I reached out to Mr. Craw and am awaiting to hear back. Sorry for the delay but I know he was out of the country, holidays, etc. Hopefully we will get a response back with some guidance/suggestions.
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

4. Thanks tlwjkw thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here is the gist of the response. I wish there was more and he agrees that on its face given the info I provided it sounds wrong.

Sanctioning bodies can change rules for whatever reason and there isn’t any kind of appeal process. I wish I could help you but my authority only extends to four wheel motor sports on land. It would seem you have only three choices:

1. Modify the boat to comply with current UIM regulations and then set the record.

2. Run with another recognized sanctioning body for boats on water. There must be others in this space. It’s even possible that one of the racing sanctioning bodies could supervise and certify the results, such as USAC, which does our land speed record events at Bonneville.

3. Run “outlaw”, i.e., without any sanctioning body, but with 100% mirror standards for a world record attempt (e.g., timing and scoring, measurement of the course, wind measurement, certification of the technical aspects of the boat by a recognized authority, etc. just as if it were being done by UIM).
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well I figured this would be as good as a place to put this than anywhere.

Yes, I am still working on the record boat. We switched back to what I know, hydro's. I stopped posting a lot of neat info. on here about the record boat, the tunnel boats, the Talon's and more, because of the typical circus act that takes place when others see one having a rough time.

To clear the air. There was only one bad boat deal ever, back in 2005 and in my 20+ years in this business, that is the only one. I made a mistake of being the middle man on a 24' Skater of my brothers and allowed incompetent people to do a job that I should have been more involved in and overlooked. The buyer and I buttheads and it got out of control. My fault 100% and I have learned from it. I have personally built over 100 boats from race, drag and pleasure. I have repaired 1000's. I am UIM certified and have been involved in development of a lot of safety features from boats to drag cars.

In a sport that is very rocky with the economy. I would think you all have something better to talk about, but if talking about me leaves someone else alone, go for it.

Also to clear the air on another topic that seems to be loved by some many. Here is a little write up for you on that. I'm not perfect, but far from what you try and make me out to be.

This for all of you one sided newspaper/news station, tabloid believers and keyboard warriors who have not dealt with me personally. There was no theft ring or mob like activities. I have owned and still own several businesses since 1992. One of my businesses was an Auction house, used car lot, pawn shop, class 1 (hand guns, shot guns and rifles) and class 3 (machine gun sales), trading post all at one location. To sum it up; when you deal in these types of businesses and especially all of them at once. You are going to pop up on law enforcements radar for a place to go review items to see if there are any stolen items passing through. We did our best to verify all claims of ownership, titles and the individuals who brought these items to be sold by us or purchased by us. I had a semi-retired sheriff Detective helping manage our facility and my auctions were done by a full time Sheriff Deputy who is a State of Ohio Auctioneer. We believed by people signing the State of Ohio sales paperwork and us receiving a copy of their ID, we were always in the clear. After the government spending millions of dollars and me spending in excess of the upper six figures on attorney’s, expert witnesses, private detectives and more over a 8 year period of time; I was not willing to take a chance of going to trial and putting my fate in the hands of others who do not even know me, so I took a plea deal to put this behind me and protect my family and employees. The total damages of this whole case was $52,000. I was responsible for half of it, but decided to pay for all of it to end this case. It is over and I have paid my dues. Remember this happened in 2007. If you want to buy something from me now a days and are concerned about it. Come on up and we will take it out to the Sheriff’s Department (5 minutes from me) and we will have the lead Detective there check it out for you. I guess I should mention that I have been a State of Ohio Peace Officer since 1993 and just had it revoked in 2014 from this case. So, everyone who has all these crazy theories, I am glad I can occupy your time. On another note, anyone who has dealt with me or my companies and feels they have had a bad dealing, here is my personal cell phone number, call me 937-539-0872, don’t type it and hide behind a user name. Todd Lamb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Law2.pdf 
Views:	256 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	328037

https://www.facebook.com/talon22boats?ref=hl

https://www.facebook.com/screamingeagleboatsllc?ref=hl

www.talon22.com

7. Likes Kcraft liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I forgot to add. They came after me, my family, my parents, my relation, my employees and friends. So I as the owner I ended it and was charged with 1 count of transporting ( I did not haul it, but paid a company to) a piece of equipment and wire fraud for receiving the money from out of state for this piece of equipment. Which made it Federal, plus I believe it went Federal, because I was a Peace Officer at the time. I have wore many hats in my life and still do. I am human and make mistakes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well said. Good luck in the future. Gods Speed. Rick George

10. Likes Baja170 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so this means there are 3 parties making an attempt at the Outboard record...how can this be bad thing. This is exciting!
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

12. Likes Baja170 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODVP22 View Post
    so this means there are 3 parties making an attempt at the Outboard record...how can this be bad thing. This is exciting!
    Exactly. I have seen Todd's boat on the trailer at his shop. Looks like a badass way to die just like all the rest. Wish I was young and lived closer with no fears and no responsibility. Todd's shop is tight and if you have seen what I have, that is why I want a Talon 22 for my next boat. SOLID and safe for an old guy like me. In the grand scheme of things it fits my priorities in life just fine. We have mountain lakes with steep banks or private lakes with sea walls all around that amplify the waves even without waves. I know this is "OSO" but every boater had their own set of needs and wants due to their driving conditions. I have had my old Baja on the ocean with big waves far apart, the lakes I drive on are tight packed big waves coming from every direction a wake resonates off the retaining walls and the steep shoreline. Waves don't dissipate on the lakes i drive they amplify especially with wind in the mix.
    Last edited by Baja170; 09-17-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screaming Eagle Boats View Post
    Well I figured this would be as good as a place to put this than anywhere.

Yes, I am still working on the record boat. We switched back to what I know, hydro's. I stopped posting a lot of neat info. on here about the record boat, the tunnel boats, the Talon's and more, because of the typical circus act that takes place when others see one having a rough time.

To clear the air. There was only one bad boat deal ever, back in 2005 and in my 20+ years in this business, that is the only one. I made a mistake of being the middle man on a 24' Skater of my brothers and allowed incompetent people to do a job that I should have been more involved in and overlooked. The buyer and I buttheads and it got out of control. My fault 100% and I have learned from it. I have personally built over 100 boats from race, drag and pleasure. I have repaired 1000's. I am UIM certified and have been involved in development of a lot of safety features from boats to drag cars.

In a sport that is very rocky with the economy. I would think you all have something better to talk about, but if talking about me leaves someone else alone, go for it.

Also to clear the air on another topic that seems to be loved by some many. Here is a little write up for you on that. I'm not perfect, but far from what you try and make me out to be.

This for all of you one sided newspaper/news station, tabloid believers and keyboard warriors who have not dealt with me personally. There was no theft ring or mob like activities. I have owned and still own several businesses since 1992. One of my businesses was an Auction house, used car lot, pawn shop, class 1 (hand guns, shot guns and rifles) and class 3 (machine gun sales), trading post all at one location. To sum it up; when you deal in these types of businesses and especially all of them at once. You are going to pop up on law enforcements radar for a place to go review items to see if there are any stolen items passing through. We did our best to verify all claims of ownership, titles and the individuals who brought these items to be sold by us or purchased by us. I had a semi-retired sheriff Detective helping manage our facility and my auctions were done by a full time Sheriff Deputy who is a State of Ohio Auctioneer. We believed by people signing the State of Ohio sales paperwork and us receiving a copy of their ID, we were always in the clear. After the government spending millions of dollars and me spending in excess of the upper six figures on attorney’s, expert witnesses, private detectives and more over a 8 year period of time; I was not willing to take a chance of going to trial and putting my fate in the hands of others who do not even know me, so I took a plea deal to put this behind me and protect my family and employees. The total damages of this whole case was $52,000. I was responsible for half of it, but decided to pay for all of it to end this case. It is over and I have paid my dues. Remember this happened in 2007. If you want to buy something from me now a days and are concerned about it. Come on up and we will take it out to the Sheriff’s Department (5 minutes from me) and we will have the lead Detective there check it out for you. I guess I should mention that I have been a State of Ohio Peace Officer since 1993 and just had it revoked in 2014 from this case. So, everyone who has all these crazy theories, I am glad I can occupy your time. On another note, anyone who has dealt with me or my companies and feels they have had a bad dealing, here is my personal cell phone number, call me 937-539-0872, don’t type it and hide behind a user name. Todd Lamb

Name:	Law2.pdf 
Views:	256 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	328037

https://www.facebook.com/talon22boats?ref=hl

https://www.facebook.com/screamingeagleboatsllc?ref=hl

www.talon22.com

I just wanted to let everyone know, I hated Todd every day for 10 years over how he handled the sale of his brother's 24 Skater to me, however much to my surprise Todd reached out to me the other day to give a genuine apology own up to handling the situation wrongly and even offered to compensate me financially for how he handled it. That went a long way for me that he was finally man enough to own up to it. I declined compensation and genuinely accepted his apology and I am really glad to finally let it go. I believe Todd has returned to the boating business to make a positive contribution and has been through some things that he has learned from. It looks to me like he builds a nice boat, I love the 22 Talon so I hope he can build some great boats and build a good business. It seems to me Todd has turned over a new leaf and is really putting great effort into building a great business and a satisfied customer base. I wish him luck and most of all hope that his customers receive the kind of service they expect from a S&F Vendor. I look forward to seeing some nice new Talons out there that one day maybe I can afford to pick up on the used market LOL!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by at100plus View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know, I hated Todd every day for 10 years over how he handled the sale of his brother's 24 Skater to me, however much to my surprise Todd reached out to me the other day to give a genuine apology own up to handling the situation wrongly and even offered to compensate me financially for how he handled it. That went a long way for me that he was finally man enough to own up to it. I declined compensation and genuinely accepted his apology and I am really glad to finally let it go. I believe Todd has returned to the boating business to make a positive contribution and has been through some things that he has learned from. It looks to me like he builds a nice boat, I love the 22 Talon so I hope he can build some great boats and build a good business. It seems to me Todd has turned over a new leaf and is really putting great effort into building a great business and a satisfied customer base. I wish him luck and most of all hope that his customers receive the kind of service they expect from a S&F Vendor. I look forward to seeing some nice new Talons out there that one day maybe I can afford to pick up on the used market LOL!
    Impressive
    Mirage Jaguar RiverRacer
    Polaris PRO785
    Bennington 255LCC

Scream & Fly Flying Machine of the Month:
    September 2005

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...ild&highlight=

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MODVP22 View Post
    Impressive
    Extremely
    I have gone to find myself , If I return before I get back - Keep me here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this thread has been kind of dead for awhile, I thought I would post a pic of a 35th Anniversary Print I recently received from The Worlds Fastest Amigo since he has posted on this thread. Thanks Ken!

Name:	IMG_20160504_170437544.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	416.0 KB 
ID:	343249
    Last edited by 27' Daytona; 05-06-2016 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also got some new Monty Racing decals made inspired by the ones on the Twisted boat. Thanks Gordon!

Name:	IMG_20151102_160644200.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	388.5 KB 
ID:	343251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151102_160631404.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	393.8 KB 
ID:	343250
    Last edited by 27' Daytona; 05-06-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anybody going to try now that everybody is so much smarter?
    Also it's been 18 years since Wright went 156 in the 1/4 and nobody has got close.
    I hope somebody steps up.

20. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator, olboatman liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don`t know what happened to the Twisted boat but it`s been reported here that the owner passed away. May he rest in peace. The other two boats are a mystery I guess. Hopefully those guys will chime in.

22. Thanks olboatman thanked for this post
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast