User Tag List

Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny I brought "twisted" up just the other day ..

It's a shame , but I believe that boat is going to sit covered up .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Scott from AFR, is working on his Hydro set up , said it's with in reach?
    We have invented the world; WE see

3. Likes Mr. Demeanor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Funny I brought "twisted" up just the other day ..

It's a shame , but I believe that boat is going to sit covered up .
    It was a good job for Monty ! ... Jack was having FUN

I remember 20 years ago Jack was drag racing Monty at a Eustis Fl event , a little too much trim... Jack proved how well His safety capsule worked

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    I guess Scott from AFR, is working on his Hydro set up , said it's with in reach?
    He's always had the power …

Now that he has the Canard wing , it's only a short matter of time till the gyro driven Gurney flap ( wickerbill ) has "ol Red flyin straight and true …

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Nance View Post
    Is anybody going to try now that everybody is so much smarter?
    Also it's been 18 years since Wright went 156 in the 1/4 and nobody has got close.
    I hope somebody steps up.
    As you know Rodney, it is not easy task to do what Jon did. I would have never reached that level in Unlimited Outboard without Jon's help. An amazing man and friend, I think of him often. Most people may not know Jon was a Veteran to. So, here is to you on Memorial Day Jon! God Speed Ole Friend.

With all of that said. If I do decide to go back after the the Top Speed Record, I will NOT make it public this time and here is why. I had a partner who was going to help financially with this project. Once the internet **** storm took place with others going to do it, the BS from APBA's tech guy posting what the capsule had to be like, and other's posting things that made it sound like a low budget team like ourselves could not compete against the pocket book of the other party that came along at a later date, my partner bailed. This is why I stopped the whole deal.

7. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes loop, Frank Molι liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder how Matthew's big cube motor would pull , sounds like it will be light weight ,

the problem is to keep it on the water and not fly .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    It was a good job for Monty ! ... Jack was having FUN

I remember 20 years ago Jack was drag racing Monty at a Eustis Fl event , a little too much trim... Jack proved how well His safety capsule worked
    I was there and watched that happen. He rode the sponson all the way back to the ramp to keep the boat from rolling over during tow.

Its also sad to hear the owner of twisted passed away however im glad they are not continuing that project. It seemed like a good way to die to me.
    Rob Lankford

1988 20' Action Marine 2.4 200

Previous owned boats worth mentioning

1976 17' Action Marine 2.4 200
    1984 20' Action Marine 2.5 200
    1983 17' Hydrostream V-King 2.4 Bridgeport
    2003 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280 /300 Drag
    2005 LPB STV RR COPY 2.5 280
    2005 Baja 23 Outlaw 6.2 Mercruiser
    2006 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 200 CARB/2.5 225 PROMAX
    2009 FTP Quarter Shot T3 Race 2.5 280

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todd I understand about the politics involved with a record try and the internet problems that go with it.
    I hope someday you or somebody else will make an attempt at it. I don't see it happening but I would also like to see some more U/O racing like the old days. Never hurts to hope.

11. Likes Mark75H liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Nance View Post
    Todd I understand about the politics involved with a record try and the internet problems that go with it.
    I hope someday you or somebody else will make an attempt at it. I don't see it happening but I would also like to see some more U/O racing like the old days. Never hurts to hope.
    Thanks Rodney! The thought is still in my head, but I have to many irons in the fire to work on that one right now.

I have been a part of Mercury Racing since 1992. I have seen the come and go of a lot of people there. I will say this, everyone is not happy about this whole 4 stroke deal right now, but there are a lot of good things in the works and some bigger power coming. The crew Mercury has right now is awesome and I can not say enough good about them. They stop at our shop at least once a month to see how we are doing, bring us up to speed on new product, test new product and I can not say enough good about the gang, Mike Griffiths, Joe Himmelspach, Scott Reichow, Rick Mackey and our get it done girl up there Lisa Scola. They are a big factor to our success. Todd

13. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's hard to say if someone wants to do something from being a little boy , yet it take him well into adulthood to see it to fruition . Or to maybe never happen at all . For some , it's a spur of the moment pocket full of money thing . But like it or not , for what ever reasons . The only proof that an outboard can go 176 and change is BW's record .

Then there are those who go out and build something and take a shot at it by working their way there , get to around 130 -140 mph with a design that basically started out as a RC boat . And for whatever reason , sideline and mothball the project .. In the case of "Twisted" it was the passing of Rick George .

Todd , I don't know what your behind closed doors dealings with Rick or Dan and were and I don't want to know .
    And I certainly do not need to relive yesterdays news .. !
    Please don't take this the wrong way . Actually , I'm sure you'll agree , but forever more you will be known as one of the two players in the chase to two hundred mph . Built more on internet banter , than actual parts in their final assembly stages or roostertails .
    Puttin up with a little crew chatter might have been well worth it ..

In all sincerity , You seem to have a very nice family . And a well thought out , diverse line-up of cats for 2018 and beyond ....

15. Thanks Spectre Powerboats thanked for this post
    Likes delawarerick, NICE PAIR, aggiestckl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only proof that an outboard can go 176 and change is BW's record .

True, And he did his best to make the capsule mandates so impossible by using his position on the UIM board that his record should be safe forever. I`m told that the cockpit in Twisted would not have passed such standards.

17. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    True, And he did his best to make the capsule mandates so impossible by using his position on the UIM board that his record should be safe forever. I`m told that the cockpit in Twisted would not have passed such standards.
    You are 100% spot on.

It is a dream of mine to attempt, but for now I need to focus on the business.

Most people may not know the cost involved in this. I was looking at it from a Semi support and transport trailer with all the tools, machines, welders and etc. onboard to support the boat at a site. So then there was 2 boats, 6 engines, several mids, 10 gearcases, 20 props, and on and on. This was going to be a very expensive mission and I knew it would take this level to get there. Maybe some day. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s being done with the engine Monty built for this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull View Post
    Ironic you would be the one to ask . My eye's keep going to your location in the top RH corner . I had been 198 - 199 mph plenty of times . My first time hanging a duce on the board was 18 years ago at the rained out National event held at Red River Raceway . If you make it out there , tell Nelson and Marla .. "Tubie" say's hello .

All of racing is in a mess ….. Big tracks need restrictor plates , work all race to get ahead , bring em in to get ready for the next "stage". Work all year to get ahead , adjust the points and start again . Indy cars spin with experienced drivers behind the wheel no one within five cars lengths of them . 15 car Top/ Fuel and Pro/ Stock fields and they do nothing to reign in the expense for the car owner , track or spectator . Local track puts on a No-Prep race , brings in a couple of the "Street Outlaws" and Fire Marshal usually has to turn people way .
    Race "organizers" that have all year to fix race dates , then "stack" dates on top of each other . Then my absolute pet peeve .. shortened track length's . I hate going to a beautiful all concrete quarter mile facility and hearing everybody say how great it is since they started running eight mile . The worst part is , you will never see a short course race ….. lengthened !

B.W. reminds me of Jerry Brown , Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi . They don't care how bad they destroy their surroundings , just as long as they get to stand on top of the garbage pile .

I liked Rick George's attitude , we don't need their permission . We will do this our self's . Safely , honestly , and if competitively with others then so much the better because that will validate it's authenticity .

Would "Twisted" have been given the popes blessing .. even if it did , I'm sure it wouldn't … LOL
    The frame weighed 55 pounds with everything ready to slide into the center fuselage . The back of the frame has the same F-1 pattern as the clamp bracket . If I remember correctly , the transom is just a thin plate siliconed in place between the two .

An X under the seat , no diagonal bars from the seat uprites rearward and a really stout "headboard" ( capsule divider plate ) made the front strong and the back have some Volvo crumple zones .

The lower rail had a dogbone ( hole drilled thru it with a tube slipped in and welded in place ) to bolt the lower half of the hull in place every 18" .

I wish I could remember what this part weighed . I was ridiculously light though .

I did a parimeter frame that tied the hinge , multiple latch's , and some of the window screw tabs together as a pretty intricate unit .

I know Full Throttle redid rear cowling , and I think a local cabinet maker built the larger rear sponson's . The fit and finish of the wood work is as nice inside the parts as the outside .

Glenn , I'm not sure from day to day what's gonna be with any of that stuff . I do know that the "mid section" weighs 8 lbs by itself . And 11 lbs with the trim and two side preload turnbuckles ….

21. Thanks Spectre Powerboats, nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes mach351, CUDA, Krazymaan, NICE PAIR, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be interested in buying all of this stuff and starting the project up

23. Likes Mr. Demeanor, oldschoolltv, NICE PAIR liked this post
Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 LastLast