Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    How does the GS track? My SS gets pulled all over with a slalom skiier. I don't have a pylon, do you?

lower you motor and run a good 4 blade a it should track well, my xb2003 before did...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once up it is a good ski boat, yes I have the factory pylon right behind the back seat...
    1996 Allison GSE /200XS
    1977 Hydrostream Ventura / 150 Mariner MAG III

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 21 breaks over a lot flatter than the xb2003.... I have not tried to slalom yet but I think it going to do well....especially if the spotter sits up font and if there is a forth the sit on the center walkway as the spotter....
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know a guy that had a 300PM on his GS said was the funest boat ever 110mph and over 105 with 4 adults on board:]. I think with a little setup that 100 lbs isnt going to be a big deal. 16inch mid for lower CG,Skidplainer and foil,floatation in the setback like we do with the 2.5,s etc... I would move the gas tank a little forward also. 5-6 instead of 10-14 setback. Batery forward not aft in the compartment and be aware and get used to it. I find with no lip on mine she settles right dow from 90. Ive turned key ooff at 90 several times when checking plugs. Balance is key also.
    Are there rev limitter increases for E-techs now? if ya could prop to 6800-7000 that also would help with the parachute effect in prop selection. I would do it in a heart beat when funds allow. The GS handels weight better than most Allisons exept the new 21fters. Im loving the E-techs alot and want a 250HO bad!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Save your money and keep your merc. Allys don't like the weight of an etech

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Save your money and keep your merc. Allys don't like the weight of an etech
    Mercury OptiMax 250 Sport XS -229 Kilograms
    Evinrude ETEC 250 HO - 231 Kilograms

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The merc would have a sporty and solid mounts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250 HO 1.71 gears

Does anyone know where I can buy a set of forward and reverse gears for a 1.71 L2 250HO 2008 model gearcase? Thanks in advance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you have guys over there, making a living, cutting the front off the sporty and welding on a decent shaped nose cone, because they are such an awful shape?
    And I suppose solid mounts are needed if a boat is fitted with push/pull steering instead of good quality cable and wings!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eggegg View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy a set of forward and reverse gears for a 1.71 L2 250HO 2008 model gearcase? Thanks in advance
    I thought the gears were still available from BRP?
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think the 250 ho or XS or even 300 would be what the doctor ordered with a non ratcheting case on a GS. Darris,s warning is just that a warning for liability reasons first off. He doesnt want newbes buying a new GS then slapping a 300 on and {learning} how to drive. Thats a bad idea. i just spent the last 30 days boating every single day from 7am till 11pm off and on all day every day in a wake boat infested lake. The control of a non ratcheting case was very evedent when being unable to slow down fast enough when encountering HUDGE wakesetter wakes when guys are surfing!! i would have to power up instead of {glide} then turn to slow down. Also the hi strung motor I have on doesnt like to go slow enough for these conditions to stay cool. it would have been nice to have a motor on the back that could run 20-25mph and take it easy untill an open streach then have the {brakes} to slow down with more control that the new power would have provided. Harrells has a 250XS on his GS and LOTS of guys run a 250 on the XB2003 and they all love them. All these guys all ready know how to drive an Allison mind you. A 16 or 15 inch Taylor mid is a great way to go IMO like larrys HO. If merc the 15ss with a 2.5 gear case 1.62 sounds good also. Im torn between the 250HO and the 300XS. The 300 I can get a raised limitter to 7000 add a 15inch Taylor mid ,carbon cowl and run a 2.5 Sporty. The HO I can add the 16inch Taylor mid but what about gears and Revs? If I could get an HO to rev to even 6800 that would help with my desition? So is 1.71 the highest gears with the HO?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    HO will perform better with a 1.62 sporty. You will not need rpm you will need more prop. 6200 with a 1.62 and a 34 at 10% slip your doing something
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baja200merk View Post
    HO will perform better with a 1.62 sporty. You will not need rpm you will need more prop. 6200 with a 1.62 and a 34 at 10% slip your doing something
    Ya I was thinking if I could avoid going higher than a 30 that would be good for a pad vee. The taller the wheel the bigger the effect on slowing down is all. 106 is around the stock hull speed on the GS. A 30 in the mid 6,s would be maxed out for hull speed. I run 7-8% slip right now with my setup. Im going to keep the setback at 10 and move the tank and battery forward while on a balancer to achive the same fulcrum point as the 2.5. That way I can add more flotation to the setback as I do now. A 32 is the highest pitch Ive ever heard anyone running on an Allison? I ran just shy of 100 the other day with my 225 and a 28. It took some sweet and praying but went for it and got 97. i just decided if I hook I hook lets do this conditions couldnt have been better had to take advantage of it. Running fast isnt the problem its the slow part with this motor. Loads up going slow. I have the Acu set rich and maxed out for fuel to feed the cut heads. Spins to 7500+ no problem though. I supose running a 34 would just take getting used to. Theres so little hull in the water above 90 that the paddle wheel effect is strong when ya get taller wheels running on the Allison. Its nice to run 26-30 max on the sub 1000lb hulls.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 250 HO makes its power at less then 6000, so removing the rev limiter won't help. More prop revs, via a better gear ratio, definitely helps. We have had lots of success on the race course with four bladers. The low prop revs and good torque suits large diameter four bladers with small blade area. And this style of prop brakes quickly too. Even at 34 pitch.
    Last edited by GregAdams; 08-20-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How fast are you running with 34 pitch four blades Greg? Whatcha running for gearcases?

Jr.
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast