Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike1

one more thing I didn't think of is the can or silencer for a 77 I have that installed as well. I don't know if that is significant or not fro the look of it I wouldn't think so but I have been told to remove it. I plan to try this next week. I'll post my findings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't think it could be that either but check it out if you want, hope you figure it out man, good luck, looking forward to your findings

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Roberts View Post
    Mike1

one more thing I didn't think of is the can or silencer for a 77 I have that installed as well. I don't know if that is significant or not fro the look of it I wouldn't think so but I have been told to remove it. I plan to try this next week. I'll post my findings.
    If you are talking about megaphone they are different. Is powerhead on the original 81 midsection and megaphone and adpt plate? I too have a 81 140 Johnson with a jet I just rebuilt for my duck boat,and I am chasing a ignition problem,I think, every now and then it will loose ,then gain 800 rpm. When it looses it, it don't sound like it is missing. Then all the sudden it will pick back up. Its the strangest thing. I have replaced coils,one was jumping spark out the side,packs,stator and prob still is there. However it will turn 5500 rpm with ease with the 7 3/8 D factory SS impeller.
    Last edited by perfmarine1; 05-26-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2