Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know any history on this 18' Action???

<article id="pagecontainer" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 16px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; min-height: 100%; position: relative; "><section class="body" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: auto; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 8px; padding-bottom: 4em; padding-left: 8px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 16px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; width: 980px; height: 789px; "><section class="dateReplyBar" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: smaller; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; white-space: nowrap; "><aside class="flags" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 3em; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 3em; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: small; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline; z-index: 10000; ">
    </aside></section>18' Action Marine Speedboat

<section class="userbody" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1.5em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0.5em; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 16px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; "><figure class="iw" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 2em; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 16px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; height: 450px; ">
    </figure><section id="postingbody" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 16px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; ">18' Action marine speedboat, includes jackplate and trailer, no engine. The boat has a solid transom and floors with new steering and interior. The boat was used mostly for water skiing</section></section></section></article>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought this boat today and looking to find out any history on the boat. Registration says its a 95. I bought the boat from a guy near hartford ct, previous owner was from worcester ma area. Was raced in 97 as I found a tech inspection sticker on the dash and you can still see the old numbers on the side of the hull if you look close. Was run as a center steer and converted over at some point more recently. I am new to actions but believe this isn't a florida action, it was probably made from the guy in oxford ma. but i haven't seen any others with the same deck. Any info would be great. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know the history but thats a good looking action, congrats man.

96' STV Euro

Smarta$$ of the
    Sunshine Syndicate,

How to upload pics (click here)

Quote Originally Posted by jphii View Post
    Well then, give her a $50 bottle of booze and don't let her know about the hookers, or what you spend on them
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadAction View Post
    oh no. i just realized I am the voice of reason on a thread. i am so done, RIP 1Bad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think you better put a Mariner on it!
    13' Biel tunnel AKA "Flight Risk"
    13" Modified Yamaha V4 - 101 mph

21' Paramount
    Mercury 300 Promax

Merritt Island,Fl. Sunshine Syndicate Country!!!!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that is a race deck 18. those molds were bought from action marine and built in the Ct. area. time frame sounds about right..
    Bobby Pazos- Member Of The
    BULL-FROG EYES DRAG RACE TEAM
    Fellow-G-Man,
    Sunshine Syndicate

2006 23' Action Marine 300 HP V8
    2001 19' Action Marine White Power
    1998 23' Concept CC (sold)
    1999 17' Action Marine (sold)
    1996 STV River Rocket (sold)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the guy i got it from said the previous owner raced it. It also has a braced ski pole set up right behind the seats. Not sure if they used the boat for high speed water ski racing or if it was just for recreational use. Overall its a pretty cool boat. I had a hydrostream ventura II that was in need of a core so scrapped that boat and moved onto this. Should be a fun ride. Going to put a 82 chrome bore 2.4 225 that i have kicking around my shop on it and see what happens. Minimal set back with either a land and sea jack plate or bobs, marine machine side mount steering, and a 28/30p et. Should be fun. Thanks for the input guys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I heard about that boat is that it was raced with the NEODA club, Jim Thompson, John Tiger, Brad Snow or Rich Owen may know the boat. I think that boat was built by the guy that did the Actions with the HST decks in Mass. Is there any hin# on the transom? Should run pretty good with the combo you are putting together, almost the same as mine. Good luck Phil
    1976 Hydrostream Vector/Merc 200/2.4 sold
    1977 Hydrostream Ventura Comp. 2.5 sold
    1985 Action/Motion 15" Cherry 2.4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any pictures of the transom from the inside of the boat? Good looking boat.
    1982 32' Midnight express triple 200's / SOLD
    1988 26' Sundance 26 open fish s/250
    1982 24' Jaws 2/200 merc's
    1994 19' Samson tunnel for sale
    2013 18' Vicious STS 3.0 L MERC
    1986 18' Action Marine 200 hp 15" offshore mid
    2007 17' Cape Craft flats boat 90 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    john Tiger should know something about that boat.........JWTjr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this boat was Richard Holowaty's boat. Rich passed away several years ago. I'm pretty sure this was his boat; if not, then it was certainly Dean Hazard's, but not raced by Dean--raced by one of his friends (can't remember the name). It ran in the club for many years. Pretty sure Tom Pearson built it in the mid 1990s.

John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote.....I had a hydrostream ventura II that was in need of a core so scrapped that boat and moved onto this.

You scrapped a Stream? It must of been in real rough shape.....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    Quote.....I had a hydrostream ventura II that was in need of a core so scrapped that boat and moved onto this.

You scrapped a Stream? It must of been in real rough shape.....
    I think he sold it..I remember seeing it for sale on the board

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up parting the boat out. Transom had been done at some point and the floor was patched. Listed it on Craigslist a few times but couldnt even get a couple hundred bucks for it and after dealing with the Craigslist deadbeats I decided it was time to move on.