Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok folks... believe it or not I have found a 99 225 promax right here on scream and fly..

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...omplete-Engine

I would like to get your thoughts! Since I know very little about what to ask about a new/used motor any advice is much appreciated.

I have already spoken with the seller on the phone, he seems like a good guy just having to give up his favorite toy for the good of the family. A story I hear all to often but I gotta hand it to him for doing what's best for the 'ol' family...
    Heck knows I don't, or can't for that matter... I'm single and selfish... or is the other way around??... LOL

We are working on finding out what shipping costs way up here to Colorado but I'm curious to know if any of y'all know about what it should cost to ship.

Also, what is a fair price for this motor in this condition? What should the compression be? Should I ask for leak down and if so what should the results be?

Etc... Etc... Any and all advice and comments are welcomed!

Pete...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a very nice motor. Sporty lower , nice clean cowl!! Sure would look great on a sleek. Ps if I ever repower my sleek sst it would be with a promax 225 as well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superboattwin250 View Post
    Looks like a very nice motor. Sporty lower , nice clean cowl!! Sure would look great on a sleek. Ps if I ever repower my sleek sst it would be with a promax 225 as well
    Thanks super... I've got my fingers crossed I can work a deal out with the seller. It's a little nerve racking trying to work a deal from so far away and sight unseen. I know these motors are in relatively high demand and hard to find, especially in good condition so I'm hoping I get lucky here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2