Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

98 Champion 203 Elite setup

I am trying to get my boat set up to where the top end is back in the low 70's range. I am running a 12"slidemaster, 225 Evinrude Vindicator with a 4 blade 27 Renegade. I was running in the low 70's with the 8" right height jack plate had to change it because of it cracked. Any help would be great

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where were you on propshaft before swap and where are you now? Will need to be higher probably now than before. Do you have a water pressure gauge? Watch it as you go up in height.
    1990 Shadow bass boat w/ 2.4 200 Merc. Totally resto'd boat and love it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to raise the engine. Setting it back further lowers it. You can also be to far back, and it not run as well. if it acts tail heavy, you are probably to far back.

I'd get a level and get the hull level by parking in a garage, and lowering or raising the tongue of the trailer, then measure from the floor to the bottom of the hull at the very back of the boat. Then put the level on the cavitation plate of the motor and adjust it to level. Then measure from the center of the prop shaft to the floor. Subtract from your first measurement and see what your number is. A good starting point is the propshaft 3.5 inches below the pad. You can increase it until you lose water pressure, or rpms go up and speed doesn't, and then come back down a little. I come down 1/2 inch if I run with a partner, I only need to come down 1/4 if its just me.

You need a water pressure gauge. Go up 1/4 inch at a time, test it and see what happens.